• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politics Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal

winston53660

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
(June 18) -- Sarah Palin says recreational pot smoking is "relatively speaking a minimal problem" in America.

In an otherwise uneventful appearance on the Fox Business Network with Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, Palin said that while she doesn't believe marijuana should be legalized, the country has bigger fish to fry.

Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal

Oh heck I have to agree with this other wise nutwad lady.....grrrrrrr

I imagine her husband smokes it occasionally (if not habitually), and that her two or three oldest children do, that she herself no doubt has in the past but probably doesn't currently, and that many of her acquaintances do.

Almost nobody thinks pot is a big deal. I'm not sure why it isn't legal, except that the government must be somehow making more money off its illegality than they would if they legalized and taxed it.

Last edited:
I agree with her although I think it should be legalized. I mean really pot isn't that big of a deal.

Heck one can grow in their back yard.

Yep. My friend's boyfriend actually has his own weed plants. Although in Boston you can get in trouble, but you would have to either have a ton of it or be got selling it.

Yep. My friend's boyfriend actually has his own weed plants. Although in Boston you can get in trouble, but you would have to either have a ton of it or be got selling it.

Ya can into trouble in Texas too

If you had four ozs in Dallas im or less in Dallas I'm not sure what would happen.

Well, I believe the article said that the "ticket" thing hadn't been adopted anywhere else in Texas yet, but the article was written in 2007, so maybe the larger metropolitan areas have adopted it since then.
I'm sure they have the same problems with jail overcrowding that Austin does.

Yeah - I definitely mirror her statement, here:

"I think we need to prioritize our law enforcement efforts," she said. "If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems we have in society."

I imagine her husband smokes it occasionally (if not habitually), and that her two or three oldest children do, that she herself no doubt has in the past but probably doesn't currently, and that many of her acquaintances do.

Almost nobody thinks pot is a big deal. I'm not sure why it isn't legal, except that the government must be somehow making more money off its illegality than they would if they legalized and taxed it.

No way. We spend absolutely absurd amounts of money prosecuting and jailing people for use of marijuana.

No way. We spend absolutely absurd amounts of money prosecuting and jailing people for use of marijuana.

My vote for one of the first things to be cut from the 2010-11 budget

My vote for one of the first things to be cut from the 2010-11 budget

Plus, put a tax on marijuna and we're talking about a massive net effect on our money problems.

I'm glad she see's this in a common sense way. I still wouldn't vote for her, but more people need to call it what it is.

The government doesn't make more money by keeping it illegal. People in the government make more money by keeping it illegal. This includes DEA agents and other law enforcement personnel, judges who sit in court presiding over trials involving drug users and drug suppliers, and incarceration officers who lock them up. If we make marijuana and other recreational drugs legal, all those people will have to retask their skill sets for something else or lose their jobs. So those groups of people have a vested interest in keeping recreational drugs illegal.

It's not Palin you agreeing with, it's her constitutional views to which you agree,.

It's not Palin you agreeing with, it's her constitutional views to which you agree,.

Not so. Her view (singular) on this one particular subject. Beyond this one particular subject, she's a ditsy, wackadoo bimbo.

Not so. Her view (singular) on this one particular subject. Beyond this one particular subject, she's a ditsy, wackadoo bimbo.
So are you telling my that Palin does have some unconstitutional views or beliefs?

(June 18) -- Sarah Palin says recreational pot smoking is "relatively speaking a minimal problem" in America.

In an otherwise uneventful appearance on the Fox Business Network with Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, Palin said that while she doesn't believe marijuana should be legalized, the country has bigger fish to fry.

Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal

Well that is true.... We got to fix our economy, try to stop that oil leak, the health care system now in disarray because we don't know whats up and whats down. And apparently, the unions are running the government right now. So yea, i gotta say, pot is not high on my to-do list if I were a politician....

Wow I cant believe I could actually like something Sarah Palin says.

Back
Top Bottom