• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politicians Rejecting Election Results

Credence

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Seems these people are taking a page from their former leader and are just sore losers

****en idiots

Indicted, Pro-Trump Election Official Refuses to Concede Race She Finished Third In​

Tina Peters, the controversial pro-Trump election official under indictment for breaching voting machines, lost her bid for Colorado secretary of state on Tuesday – although she denies it.

“We didn’t lose, we just found evidence of more fraud … they’re cheating and we’ll prove it once again,” Peters said on Tuesday after finishing third in her GOP primary.

Peters is under criminal indictment for her role in allowing an unauthorized person to tamper with election equipment during the 2020 presidential election while serving as Mesa County’s Clerk and Recorder.

Peters has long been a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump’s debunked allegations that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. Peter’s indictment stems from her participation in a plot to try and break into election machines under her supervision and copy data from them to prove fraud — instead voter information from the machines appeared online in August 2021, published in part by QAnon-affiliated conspiracy theorists like Ron Watkins.

Here are the actual results. Note that Piton only received 9.2%
doh.gif

Looking further into his twitter account he is also asking for donations to do an audit. Sound familiar? LMBO

This was published in January 2022 but is related to the topic of the thread:

The ‘sore loser effect’: Rejecting election results can destabilize democracy and drive terrorism

Excerpt:

‘Sore losers’ can drive terrorism

Democracy is based on a compact: Election losers agree to accept the results and encourage their supporters to do the same.

In exchange, losing politicians get a chance to run, and win, in a future election.

However, loser’s consent is fragile. And when it is broken the risk of political violence increases. In a recent study I published, I conclude that when election losers in democracies reject election results, becoming “sore losers,” trust in political institutions is eroded, political polarization and tribalism grows and mistrust thrives.

This produces a situation where political violence is no longer seen as taboo, particularly among supporters of the losing political party. My research shows that when losing politicians in democracies refuse to accept election results, citizens begin to see terrorism as more acceptable and domestic terrorism increases.

Here in the U.S., outrage over the Big Lie helped fuel the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. It has also driven domestic terrorism plots.

Much more at link:

GOP commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary results over distrust of voting machines

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Votes in a New Mexico community are at risk of not counting after a Republican-led commission refused to approve primary election results over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

Democratic Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the three-member Otero County commission to certify June 7 primary election results to ensure voters are not disenfranchised and that political candidates have access to the general election ballot in November.

On Monday, the commission in its role as a county canvassing board voted unanimously against certifying the results of the primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies, over the objection of the county clerk.

“I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” said Otero County Commissioner Vickie Marquardt on Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”

Dominion’s systems have been unjustifiably attacked since the 2020 election by people who embraced the false belief that the election was stolen from former President Donald Trump. The company has filed defamation lawsuits in response to incorrect and outrageous claims made by high-profile Trump allies.

From July 2021 -- more laws have been enacted since

Republican Legislators Curb Authority of County, State Election Officials

Republican lawmakers this year passed an unprecedented bevy of bills targeting the authority of state and local election officials, a power grab that might allow partisan legislators to overturn future election results by claiming there was fraud.

GOP legislators in at least 14 states have enacted 23 new laws that empower state officials to take control of county election boards, strip secretaries of state of their executive authority, or make local election officials criminally or financially liable for even technical errors, according to Protect Democracy, a left-leaning Washington, D.C.-based voting rights nonprofit.

Secretaries of state and county election officials around the country, many of them Republican, resisted pressure from former President Donald Trump and his allies to decertify the November 2020 results and reject huge swaths of mail-in ballots to turn the presidential election in his favor. Eight months later, there is growing concern among those officials that these new laws may cut a path for successful efforts in the future.

“Some elected officials didn’t like the results, so they’re trying to rewrite the rules,” said Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold, who chairs the Democratic Association of Secretaries of State. “This is a breakdown of what it means to live in the United States. It’s an attack on the democracy. It’s an attack on the idea that Americans get to choose their elected officials.”

Trump set the standard. It is not unexpected that some will cry but I didn't lose. The election was rigged.

Wonder when the Dominion equipment theory will emerge again.

Trump set the standard. It is not unexpected that some will cry but I didn't lose. The election was rigged.

Wonder when the Dominion equipment theory will emerge again.
bbm: Oh it has. Blaming Dominion machines without specifics. 1656787265643.png

See Post# 4 ...........

A crop of candidates are insisting they won their elections, despite not being close

Some candidates who finished way down in Georgia's primaries have said their elections were tainted by fraud, and at least one is fundraising off of that.

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST:

Former President Donald Trump has spent more than a year and a half denying his 2020 election defeat, despite clear evidence that he lost. But he's not the only one. During this election cycle, candidates across the country have refused to concede, even in races that are not remotely close. Georgia Public Broadcasting's Stephen Fowler has more.

STEPHEN FOWLER, BYLINE: Georgia Governor Brian Kemp won last month's Republican primary by a decisive margin, but one of his opponents decided there's no way that happened.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

KANDISS TAYLOR: I wanted y'all to know that I do not concede. I do not. And if the people who did this and cheated are watching, I do not concede.

FOWLER: Kandiss Taylor is a fringe far-right candidate who only earned 3.4% of the vote compared to Kemp's nearly 74%. Even before her own election, she pushed false claims about the 2020 race, voting machines and how elections worked. And she's representative of a new crop of candidates who are insisting they won their elections, facts be damned. This week, a Colorado County clerk indicted on charges including election tampering, finished last in the GOP secretary of state race, refused to acknowledge her loss and accused officials of cheating. In South Carolina, a pair of Republicans said their blowout losses were tainted by serious problems. And in Nevada, GOP gubernatorial primary runner-up Joey Gilbert told supporters in a video message he could not have been defeated.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

JOEY GILBERT: It is impossible for me to concede under these circumstances. I owe it to my supporters. I owe it to all Nevadans of all parties to ensure that every legal vote is counted legitimately.

FOWLER: There is no evidence to back up any of these claims, and most of them were not close. But Matthew Weil with the Bipartisan Policy Center says, unfortunately, that doesn't matter.

More

bbm: Oh it has. Blaming Dominion machines without specifics. View attachment 67399825

See Post# 4 ...........

I know.
That is one thing these complainers have in common. A lack of specifics regarding the election "fraud".

Funny how if they win, the election was fair, If they lose, it was rigged.

GOP commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary results over distrust of voting machines

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Votes in a New Mexico community are at risk of not counting after a Republican-led commission refused to approve primary election results over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

Democratic Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the three-member Otero County commission to certify June 7 primary election results to ensure voters are not disenfranchised and that political candidates have access to the general election ballot in November.

On Monday, the commission in its role as a county canvassing board voted unanimously against certifying the results of the primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies, over the objection of the county clerk.

“I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” said Otero County Commissioner Vickie Marquardt on Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”

Dominion’s systems have been unjustifiably attacked since the 2020 election by people who embraced the false belief that the election was stolen from former President Donald Trump. The company has filed defamation lawsuits in response to incorrect and outrageous claims made by high-profile Trump allies.

Follow up: "The Otero County Commission declined a request by District 2 Commissioner Couy Griffin to finance personal legal representation in a lawsuit to remove him from office."

And I bet all those "real concerned" people are real careful not to make claims against Dominion that might end up in court. The GOP have a perfect platform to prove their concerns about Dominion in the Rudi, Sydney etc court cases.

They can get all their evidence in front of the world and prove they are right about fraud. Just need to actually stop the delays and get in front of a judge with all those proof papers they waved in front of the cameras. Hint, it isn't Dominion trying to delay going to court. You would think the GOP would be demanding a date before the midterms and more Dem fraud, but it seems not????

And I bet all those "real concerned" people are real careful not to make claims against Dominion that might end up in court. The GOP have a perfect platform to prove their concerns about Dominion in the Rudi, Sydney etc court cases.

They can get all their evidence in front of the world and prove they are right about fraud. Just need to actually stop the delays and get in front of a judge with all those proof papers they waved in front of the cameras. Hint, it isn't Dominion trying to delay going to court. You would think the GOP would be demanding a date before the midterms and more Dem fraud, but it seems not????

Fact Check-Dominion’s lawsuits against Giuliani and Powell are still ongoing, despite claims the voting company lost circulating online

The defamation lawsuits of voting machine manufacturer Dominion Voting Systems against former U.S. President Donald Trump’s lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell are still ongoing, contrary to claims made online.

LEGAL UPDATES

Lies and misinformation have severely damaged our company and diminished the credibility of U.S. elections, subjecting hardworking public officials and Dominion employees to harassment and death threats. Dominion is taking steps to right these wrongs through our judicial system.

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUIT AGAINST FOX CORPORATION

Jun 21, 2022 - Court Denial to Dismiss (PDF)
Jan 28, 2022 - Dominion Opposition to Fox Corporation's Motion to Dismiss (PDF)
Nov 8, 2021 - Download Complaint (Fox Corporation) (PDF)

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUITS AGAINST NEWSMAX MEDIA INC., ONE AMERICA NEWS NETWORK, AND PATRICK BYRNE

Jun 16, 2022 - Court Denial to Dismiss (Newsmax Media Inc.) (PDF)
Apr 20, 2022 - Denial of Patrick Byrne's Motion to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuits(PDF)
Dec 15, 2021 - Dominion Opposition to Patrick Byrne's Motion to Dismiss (PDF)
Aug 10, 2021 - Download Complaint (Newsmax Media Inc.) (PDF)
Aug 10, 2021 - Download Complaint (One America News Network) (PDF)
Aug 10, 2021 - Download Complaint (Patrick Byrne) (PDF)

Much more at link:

Over-under on when a righty comes in here and mentions Al Gore or Stacey Abrams: 4 hours.

I'm being generous because it's the 4th of July weekend.

And then when all other legal avenues are exhausted and the results STILL don't go the way they liked, they turn to violence, it is hard baked into their values.

ballotorbullet.jpgVotefromrooftops (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).jpgCapitol Sept 18thaa.jpg

They fully expect everyone else to not start shooting back.

I know.
That is one thing these complainers have in common. A lack of specifics regarding the election "fraud".

Funny how if they win, the election was fair, If they lose, it was rigged.
Yup

Sore loosers

They are taking a page out of the man child's looser plsybook.

We might strive for elections beyond question. It is not the politicians who lose; it is the process. Make elections secure and officials accountable for election security or lack of. If the election was corrupt the margin is irrelevant.

We might strive for elections beyond question. It is not the politicians who lose; it is the process. Make elections secure and officials accountable for election security or lack of. If the election was corrupt the margin is irrelevant.
True. But the problem is that if the election is not corrupt, that has been irrelevant to Trump and Co.

True. But the problem is that if the election is not corrupt, that has been irrelevant to Trump and Co.

80 million spent in the last 4 weeks of the campaign in each; Atlanta, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit, Milwaukee and Phoenix by Zuckerberg for GOTV. The elections in each of these cities entirely run by Democrat partisans with no oversight.

Nothing to see here. Do not ask questions.

If Biden had been a competent candidate you could believe Trump lost. Biden is the president he campaigned as.......weak feckless and incoherent.

Back
Top Bottom