• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politicians Exploit Economic Ignorance

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
It's not rocket science to conclude that whatever lowers the cost of capital formation, such as lowering the cost of investing in earthmovers, enables contractors to purchase more of them. Workers will have more capital to work with and as a result enjoy higher wages. Policies that raise the cost of capital formation such as capital gains taxes, low depreciation allowances and corporate taxes, thereby reduce capital formation, and serve neither the interests of workers, investors nor consumers. It does serve the interests of politicians who get more resources to be able to buy votes.

A man once said that "Education is the ultimate equalizer", statist ****stain politicians love a stupid populace.

Politicians Exploit Economic Ignorance by Walter E. Williams

I'd like to know what evidence you have for believing that the politicians themselves are not also stupid? the idea that they actually understand economics seems to me (in light at least of the last few years) to be a rather remarkable assumption.

I love Walter E. Williams. He is one of the most sensible voices around.
Walter E. Williams for Chairman, Federal Reserve
Thomas Sowell for Secretary of the Treasury

The economy of a huge country like the U.S. is hard to pin down. Someone can always argue a point and sound like THEY know what they are talking about. It easy to fool even intelligent people unless you want to constantly research someone's opinion then someone else's opinion, etc.,

Back
Top Bottom