• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politicians are not doctors!

Sounds like you need to prove that correlation you're suggesting there.

How about taking one nation that has government involvement in health care and comparing it to one that doesn't over the last 50 years?

Thailand vs. Myanmar.
Ill take Thai medicine any day.

Or the EU system vs. the US. EU wins hands down- even with Medicare.

How about taking one nation that has government involvement in health care and comparing it to one that doesn't over the last 50 years?

Thailand vs. Myanmar.
Ill take Thai medicine any day.

Or the EU system vs. the US. EU wins hands down- even with Medicare.

That isn't really any better than your last argument, sorry.

If the argument is politicians aren't doctors then why would it not include allocation of tax dollars towards healthcare? If it is up to doctors to know what is best for pregnant women then why not for everything else?

If people don't want politicians in their medical decisions would not follow they don't want them to allocate resources? How do you control your medical decisions if you aren't in control of the resources?

But the law isn't limited to people using public money for an abortion, does it? So your argument is just a diversion.

I'm guessing no argument would be acceptable unless it led to the conclusion you want....

All you did was state your conclusion again.

All you did was state your conclusion again.

Sorry if I havent seen any academic proof. But the conclusion that higher income tax rates are a drag on growth is wrong.

Debunking the claim that higher income-tax rates reduce GDP. - Slate Magazine
No Correlation: Economic Growth and Tax Rates on the Rich - Oregon Center for Public Policy

So maybe there is corellation between societal growth and the levying of taxes. I think there is no question that there is an optimal level of taxation - a certain amount of money going into the government to provide services and public benefits. Clearly, as we increase the amount of money going into government, as we have done in the past hundred plus years, we have seen historically dramatic growth in economies. Its probably a secondary effect, to be sure, but maybe tax rates are now lower than optimal.

Hmmm.

I'm trying to think of a nation that doesnt have government involved in health care at all. Myannmar, maybe? Somalia, definitely. Some of sub-Saharan Africa, but a whole lot of the healthcare is provided by other governments - not those of Ghana or Congo.

Either way - they all sound like unhealthy places to live.

So there is no way for you to be healthy if the government doesn't tell you what to do? If you say so.

I'd be interested to know where in the Constitution you find a mandate for Government involvement in healthcare; and/or any history of the Government spending money on healthcare for non-military citizens before the 20th century.

Do you agree?

View attachment 67149764

I agree with these protestors. Politicians aren't doctors and shouldn't have anything to do with our healthcare.

That's a stupid premise. No, they aren't doctors, but it is there job to ensure that the healthcare system is generally safe, well run etc. For instance, It's the government that requires doctors actually go through a certified medical school etc. The idea that government should have no part in healthcare at all is silly.

I disagree with forced ultrasounds because it is an unnecessary procedure that only costs extra money and is put in place for ulterior motives that are not related to safety or the well being of the patient. Not simply because politicians aren't doctors.

Do you agree?

View attachment 67149764

I agree with these protestors. Politicians aren't doctors and shouldn't have anything to do with our healthcare.

less then 20% of abortions are performed for reasons for health rape or incest

if you want government out of the business of healthcare then explain Obama care the most intrusive encroachments of government into our health care

you cant have it both ways liberals you cant use the argument for abortion rights as an intrusion of government into health care and be pro Obama care

I agree completely. Politicians should represent the will of the people about how tax dollars are spent on health care. But these whack jobs hell bent on making abortions inaccessible need to go. What a waste of time and resources.

So there is no way for you to be healthy if the government doesn't tell you what to do? If you say so.

I'd be interested to know where in the Constitution you find a mandate for Government involvement in healthcare; and/or any history of the Government spending money on healthcare for non-military citizens before the 20th century.

How about in the 18th century?

Congress Passes Socialized Medicine and Mandates Health Insurance -In 1798 - Forbes

I'm no Constitutional Scholar, but considering John Adams actually helped write it, I think I'll go with his interpretation over yours.

And did I ever say there is no way to be healthy if the government doesnt tell you what to do? No. But nice strawman.

Now please, please please tell us your interpretation of mandatory vaccinations. I'm sure its very enlightening.

Back
Top Bottom