• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

politically incorrect???

Germinator

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

since a picture is worth a 1000 words, let's consider the all "important" issue of,...

2021-03-24-San-Diego-City-Seal-Tweet.png

seems other issues include pensions, the homeless, etc., which political leadership (and the
bureaucracy) is not taking care of,... so just wondering what others think

yet-another-san-diego-no-talent-ass-clown-career-politician-4x6-PC.png

4x6-PC-AMERICA-S-FINEST-CITY-leadership.png

Last edited:
I don’t completely understand what’s going on here but it seems AJ Potter buys hot dogs at his local Petco and that seems like something I want to know more about.

The Conquistadores get to write history is the takeaway here.

I don’t completely understand what’s going on here but it seems AJ Potter buys hot dogs at his local Petco and that seems like something I want to know more about.

He must mean Petco Park, the San Diego Padres stadium. There are no hot dogs at Petco stores.

He must mean Petco Park, the San Diego Padres stadium. There are no hot dogs at Petco stores.

sigh,... yup the tweet in the OP implies the over priced "hot dogs" at the ball park

my point in bring up the topic is this example of virtue signaling (about changing the city logo is political B$) that appeals to those on the left in my home town

as I see things this tweet by a local "left" politician is akin to local "right" politician repeating TRUMPs so-called proposal to "build a wall and have mexico pay for it"

thought the clown city seal logo w/ a caricature of the current mayor (Todd Gloria) perfectly captures the reality of what is actually happening

BTW FWIW WRT to the California recall (of the governor), seems the leading candidate is the termed out mayor of SD

as a PSA (public service announcement) here is something voters should consider,...

4x6-PC-San-Diego-Debt-Bomb.png

IOW this career "right" politician (i.e. "no talent ass clown") is just another idiot that wastes lots of taxpayers money!

Kevin Faulconer’s City Hall and 101 Ash:
The Worst Land Deal and the Biggest Cover-up

Art Castanares of LaPrensa San Diego, is joined by guest host, Barbara Bry to discuss 101 Ash Street. This premiere episode features an exclusive interview with attorney Lawrence Shea on city of San Diego's disastrous 101 Ash Street deal.

(Originally aired on 2March21)

https://anchor.fm/btc8

Kevin-Faulconer-bargaining-table.png

Last edited:
Who cares?

sadly too few,... which is because human nature is generally prone to be very short sighted

then there is the fact that people in general also don't grasp basic math concepts and ponder the consequences,... if they did then people would realize it's a pretty idiotic idea to think there are no consequences giving away (for decades) extra bonus payments which is why detroit built up billions in debt and had to file for bankruptcy

simple fact of the matter is the elected idiots in san diego have been over seeing giving away extra annul bonus payment (AND building up billions of taxpayer debt obligations) exactly like detroit

FWIW looking at the bigger picture this news item caught my eye

How Debt and Climate Change Pose ‘Systemic Risk’ to World Economy
April 7, 2021

How does a country deal with climate disasters when it’s drowning in debt? Not very well, it turns out. Especially not when a global pandemic clobbers its economy.

Take Belize, Fiji and Mozambique. Vastly different countries, they are among dozens of nations at the crossroads of two mounting global crises that are drawing the attention of international financial institutions: climate change and debt.

They owe staggering amounts of money to various foreign lenders. They face staggering climate risks, too. And now, with the coronavirus pandemic pummeling their economies, there is a growing recognition that their debt obligations stand in the way of meeting the immediate needs of their people — not to mention the investments required to protect them from climate disasters.

The combination of debt, climate change and environmental degradation “represents a systemic risk to the global economy that may trigger a cycle that depresses revenues, increases spending and exacerbates climate and nature vulnerabilities,” according to a new assessment by the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and others, which was seen by The Times. It comes after months of pressure from academics and advocates for lenders to address this problem.

...The United Nations said Thursday that the global economic collapse endangered nearly $600 billion in debt service payments over the next five years. Both the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund are important lenders, but so are rich countries, as well as private banks and bondholders. The global financial system would face a huge problem if countries faced with shrinking economies defaulted on their debts.

“We cannot walk head on, eyes wide open, into a debt crisis that is foreseeable and preventable,” the United Nations Secretary General, António Guterres, said last week as he called for debt relief for a broad range of countries. “Many developing countries face financing constraints that mean they cannot invest in recovery and resilience.”

looking at the bigger regional picture we see

2019 Report Card for California’s Infrastructure

Californians use infrastructure each day. Our roads, bridges, and transit networks allow us access to our iconic coastlines, lakes, and vineyards. Water systems deliver clean drinking water to our homes, communities, and businesses. School buildings provide a safe place for our children to learn. Wastewater collection and treatment systems protect our lakes, rivers, and beaches from raw sewage, E. coli, and other toxins.

Our infrastructure systems play a critical role in continued economic prosperity and the preservation of our quality of life. Unfortunately, our state’s infrastructure renewal and replacement programs have been significantly underfunded for a long time. While the state Legislature, municipalities, and California voters have made strides in recent years to raise additional revenue for our infrastructure, we have a lot of catch-ups to do, and large funding gaps remain.

bottom line, the elected idiots are wasting time on social hot button issue AND not doing anything to directly address very real Systemic Risks which are essentially self inflected wounds

Back
Top Bottom