• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politically correct idiocy THIS IS EPIC

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
School suspends 12-year-old boy after teachers call police on him for picking up toy gun during virtual class - TheBlaze

Kid absent Mindedly picks up a toy green gun, in virtual class, at his home.

Teacher calls cops.

It’s this kind of idiocy that many of use on the right are concerned will become the norm in the progressive utopia.

It’s easy to brush this off. But the reality is, that is what “progressive” means, and sometimes things progress in a stupid direction. What is the rare zealot mistake this year becomes the hot new virtue signal next year.

These kinds of ridiculous stories are increasing.

has happened before....nothing to see here.

Often "progressives" are total lunatics, such as in this case.

We should stop things like “ everybody gets a trophy”, and bring dodgeball back to schools. I’m saying this and I was never much of an athlete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns are good okay? They keep you safe from home invaders and BLM street thugs. Add to this the fact that toy guns are harmless especially when viewed over a remote video connection and you can begin to understand what a joke liberal PC morality entails.

has happened before....nothing to see here.

This one was pretty damn stupid.

According to Buzzfeed News, Isaiah Elliott, a seventh grader at Grand Mountain School in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was taking part in an online art class on Aug. 27 when he absentmindedly picked up a neon green toy gun and "moved it from one side of his computer to the other." His mother, Dani Elliott, said that she received an email that day from the child's art teacher who said Isaiah — who suffers from ADHD and has an IEP on file with the school — was "extremely distracted" during the day's lesson. The unnamed teacher also reportedly said that there had been a "very serious issue with waving around a toy gun." The teacher admitted that she reported the incident to the school's vice principal.
"I had already explained to the teacher that it was a toy," she said. "I told [the vice principal] that it was a toy. She admitted that she knew it was a toy, but Isaiah's safety was of the utmost importance. . . Isaiah's mother said that she was very concerned — not because her son was playing with a toy gun, but that the school was reportedly recording the virtual classes without informing parents.

School suspends 12-year-old boy after teachers call police on him for picking up toy gun during virtual class - TheBlaze

They knew it was a toy, so how was safety a concern? This is more than pretty damn stupid. It's completely ****ing moronic. I am not looking forward to dealing with the education system as an adult. It was already loaded with laughably stupid policies when I went through it myself....

"Person, your child farted in class so we've sent him by ambulance to the MGH emergency room to make sure it isn't a xenomorph trying to burst out."

Last edited:

Teacher calls cops.

It’s this kind of idiocy that many of use on the right are concerned will become the norm in the progressive utopia.

It’s easy to brush this off. But the reality is, that is what “progressive” means, and sometimes things progress in a stupid direction. What is the rare zealot mistake this year becomes the hot new virtue signal next year.

That's the Blaze. Odds are good this is a thing that never happened or happened in such a benign way as to not even resemble the story.

Good Lord y'all will believe anything

That's the Blaze. Odds are good this is a thing that never happened or happened in such a benign way as to not even resemble the story.

Good Lord y'all will believe anything

No the odds are not good, that is a lazy posting style. The Blaze is far right, but just like most other News sources right and left, it’s mostly accurate. It will put a spin on events and sometimes mischaracterizes things, gee that sounds familiar.

Nomthe odds are not good, thst is a lazy posting style. The Blaze is fsr right, butnjudt like most a

News sources right and left, it’s mostly accurate. It will put a spin on events and sometimes mischaracterizes things, gee that sounds familiar.

The Blaze is so garbage just trying to defend it caused your keyboard to try to break itself.

Teacher calls cops.

Why didn't they send a social worker?

In my experience, its Conservative parents on schoolboards who push "zero tolerance" policies that lead to stuff like this.

This boy will be much happier at a school that concerns itself with education rather than the "welfare" of kids that play with Nerf toys.

sub-buzz-17397-1599433463-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom