• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Political Lean

I have "Slightly Liberal" as my political lean. I chose this because it was the best of some bad options. I would have preferred "Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative/Moderate", but it wasn't available. I'm not a progressive, I won't be voting Democrat anytime soon because I despise Progressives, I also dislike Republicans. I'm just screwed, I guess. Please don't look at "Slightly Liberal" and mistake that for Democrat. In fact, I think we should have another lean option...."Unsatisfied".

Socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Libertarian perhaps?

I have my lean as "other." On social issues I'm all over the place. I'm pro-SSM, pro-life, and anti-drugs. Fiscally I'm a moderate. I support lower spending, but I believe in allocating spending differently than most liberals and conservatives. I'm me and you're you. I don't think we should worry to much about labels.

Helvidius;bt814 said:
Socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Libertarian perhaps?

I looked into the Libertarians when I was younger, and I came to the conclusion that they are all insane and will never be an effective political force beyond the local level. If anything, the group I most closely align with would be the Blue Dogs, but I won't vote Democrat because the Progressives run that Party. I'm thinking that I may just go homestead out in the middle of nowhere and leave this whole thing to everyone else.:)

why does it matter which way you lean? aren't the issues what really matter, not their overall classificational view?

"oh no, im scared of being called a republican" welll... im scared of being called a bad human being

I considered myself very conservative for years, until recently. I had an epiphamy that I was more socially conservative than fiscally.
Im more all over now than ever...thats why I changed to moderate.

badastronaut;bt822 said:
why does it matter which way you lean? aren't the issues what really matter, not their overall classificational view?

The reason it matters is because i've only been posting here for a little while, and I've already run into several problems with people who are misinterpreting the lean and it gets in the way of debate. People try to interpret what you're saying according to what Party they think you're in instead of just judging what you're actually saying. That's why it matters.

This is why I put Centrist. Also, I tend to think that both sides have something of value to offer, and that neither side has all the answers.

Back
Top Bottom