• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Political Extremists

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Which of the two political parties has been more 'hijacked' by political extremists, and why? The Republican Party or the Democratic Party? State your case.

It's not even a contest. When Mitt Romney or, hell, even Mitch McConnell look moderate/centrist compared to many of the clowns in the party (e.g. Gohmert, Jordan, Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, etc.) you know there is something seriously f***ed with America's overton window.

Which of the two political parties has been more 'hijacked' by political extremists, and why? The Republican Party or the Democratic Party? State your case.
Oh please, this isn't even in question. I've got two words for ya: dOnald tRump.

The Dems have been hijacked by the milquetoast, latte sipping, "Oh, was that democracy that just got drowned? Maybe we should say something. Refill, please!" extremist.

The Dems have been hijacked by the milquetoast, latte sipping, "Oh, was that democracy that just got drowned? Maybe we should say something. Refill, please!" extremist.

Lol, so true! The problem with Dems isn't the progressives, it's the elite libs.

Lol, so true! The problem with Dems isn't the progressives, it's the elite libs.
I'm confused by the terminology. I thought elite libs were progressives?

The same party that invaded the Capitol and wants to overturn elections that they don't like.

Even the most outspoken of progressives in Congress do not come anywhere near this.

As much as I dislike how far modern liberalism has engaged in 'woke' cancel culture hatred of just about everyone else, I do offer that Trump has far more damaged the Republican Party to the point of being the de facto Christian Taliban Party.

I'm confused by the terminology. I thought elite libs were progressives?

Progressives would be Bernie and the members of 'the squad'. Elite libs would be centrist Dems like Nancy Pelosi.

As much as I dislike how far modern liberalism has engaged in 'woke' cancel culture hatred of just about everyone else, I do offer that Trump has far more damaged the Republican Party to the point of being the de facto Christian Taliban Party.

A couple comments:

1. Conservatives engage in cancel culture too and have for years. See the Dixie Chicks, Colin Kaepernick, and now Disney.
2. The leftists that go too far with woke cancel culture live on Twitter. Almost none of them have actual political power. Social conservatives on the other hand do.

Unless Canada is a radical leftist idea, there is nothing radical about Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren, and AOC. Bernie Sanders and Justin Trudeau are almost identical in policies. Bernie is more conservative than FDR, Truman, and Dwight D. Eisenhower(R.).

The Trump GOP are fascists, to the point where neo-conservatives like Dubya and Cheney look rational by comparison.

Last edited:

The elite lib Dems. The lib Dems. The prog Dems. The mod Dems. The con Dems. The Dems. It could just as well be "Refill my beer". You tell me. What have the Dems politicians, the ones elected to represent us and defend democracy, been doing about it all this time? And now?

It seems that many people don't understand that 'radical' and 'extremist' are two very different terms. Of course some people purposely conflate them as a tactic.

It seems that many people don't understand that 'radical' and 'extremist' are two very different terms. Of course some people purposely conflate them as a tactic.

And what is it that criticizes those that can't see into the dark rather than cast light on those shadows?

In a nutshell... undeniable
"..Response to the nomination
...Some Republicans, including Ted Cruz and John McCain, suggested that the Senate might not confirm any nominee to replace Scalia, particularly if Democrats retain control of the presidency.[74] "

By Ed Walker - May 2, 2022
"In this post I discussed the Republican plan to rig SCOTUS by selecting SCOTUS nominees who would reliably vote their way on issues important to their base and their donors. They’ve succeeded. In this post I give a brief sketch of their goals for each group, the means of enforcement, and the impact on the nature and benefits of American citizenship.

1. Donors. There is an oligarchy inside our democracy, as I have been saying for over a decade. It dominates the Republican donor class. Oligarchs want the freedom to do anything they like with their money and the assets they control. They want the freedom to do whatever they think will make them richer. And they really hate the idea of taxation and all forms of redistribution of wealth. Their current goal is to weaken the ability of the federal agencies to regulate, because that reduces the value of their assets.

The first steps were legislative. The Administrative Procedures Act governs the way agencies make rules. Republicans and corporatist Democrats fiddled with it to make it harder for agencies to act quickly, and to increase the cost to the agencies of rule-making. Then the Office of Management and Budget was added as an additional check closer to the President. Until recently the primary use of the courts was delay. Corporations and their front groups challenged every rule they didn’t like. Courts took these filings seriously, and allowed lawyers to spend years in costly litigation. Gradually courts created a new layer of rules that brought delay and increased costs of regulation. But even that wasn’t enough. .."

Last edited:

The GOP has basically thrown Liz Cheney out as being a "RINO" for being mean to their fat orange Jesus.

That's all you need to know.

Which of the two groups commits more crimes, the guards or the prison inmates? A case? Besides the radical indoctrination of the massive right-wing propaganda machine? What's the point, when facts like the Republicans believing the obvious lie about a stolen election don't show them that's radical?

The Republican Party hands down. The Democratic Party certainly has its share, but they are still just loud and annoying exceptions to otherwise normal operations. Left leaning mainstream journalism is certainly biased, but they still go out of their way to make sure they are reporting facts, however skewed to one side, and they own up to it when they mistakenly report something that isn't true. The Republican Party actually embraces lies and fake news as a political tactic. They are just as biased but without any concern for facts. The only information Republicans care about is that which advances the party, and false information that gets conservative votes is treated no differently than true information that gets conservative votes.

Republicans on average put party before country. Democrats on average put their country before their party.

Left leaning mainstream journalism is certainly biased, but they still go out of their way to make sure they are reporting facts, however skewed to one side, and they own up to it when they mistakenly report something that isn't true.

If that means to claim mainstream journalism is "left leaning", you're wrong. If you mean "the part of mainstream journalism that is left leaning is biased", well, that's debatable but sort of redundant.

If that means to claim mainstream journalism is "left leaning", you're wrong. If you mean "the part of mainstream journalism that is left leaning is biased", well, that's debatable but sort of redundant.
I meant the latter. And since we're comparing levels of bias, I don't think its redundant. Left leaning mainstream journalists (CNN, MSNBC, and the like -- not talking about "Occupy Democrats" here) generally put truth before their political bias, even when that bias is obviously present. Right leaning mainstream journalists (mostly Fox News,) are more willing to sacrifice truth if it means strengthening their party.

I meant the latter. And since we're comparing levels of bias, I don't think its redundant. Left leaning mainstream journalists (CNN, MSNBC, and the like -- not talking about "Occupy Democrats" here) generally put truth before their political bias, even when that bias is obviously present. Right leaning mainstream journalists (mostly Fox News,) are more willing to sacrifice truth if it means strengthening their party.

I agree with the rest of your post, but saying 'the part of media that is left-leaning is biased' is redundant, in that if biased means it has an orientation, you already cherry picked that by selecting the part that's 'left-leaning'. It's like saying "Expensive restaurants tend to cost more." I disagree that CNN is 'left leaning', and even the parts of MSNBC that are, have the situation that 'left leaning' and 'most accurate' are combined.

I agree with the rest of your post, but saying 'the part of media that is left-leaning is biased' is redundant, in that if biased means it has an orientation, you already cherry picked that by selecting the part that's 'left-leaning'. It's like saying "Expensive restaurants tend to cost more." I disagree that CNN is 'left leaning', and even the parts of MSNBC that are, have the situation that 'left leaning' and 'most accurate' are combined.
CNN is definitely left leaning as is MSNBC. But they don't even compare to the bias and unreliability of Fox News.

1651516524519.png

I'm really trying to be polite here.

How can that even be a serious question?

The Republican Party hands down. The Democratic Party certainly has its share, but they are still just loud and annoying exceptions to otherwise normal operations. Left leaning mainstream journalism is certainly biased, but they still go out of their way to make sure they are reporting facts, however skewed to one side, and they own up to it when they mistakenly report something that isn't true. The Republican Party actually embraces lies and fake news as a political tactic. They are just as biased but without any concern for facts. The only information Republicans care about is that which advances the party, and false information that gets conservative votes is treated no differently than true information that gets conservative votes.
Republicans on average put party before country. Democrats on average put their country before their party.
1651570272814.png

Reactions: lwf
The GOP is influenced by reactionary populism. The loudest voices are Trumpian.

The Democratic Party is only as liberal as Sinema and Manchin….

Back
Top Bottom