• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Political courage test

middleagedgamer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is an actual test that a non-profit organization gives out to REAL Congressional candidates!

Everybody take this test yourselves!

http://votesmart.org/pdf/2009/2009_Congressional_Political_Courage_Test_Final.pdf

Here's my answers:

First, abortion should only be legal if the mother's life is endangered.

Budgetary issues:
1. My answers are:
a) 6
b) 6
c) 4
d) 6 (for federal funding)
e) 5
f) 6
g) 3
h) 6
i) 2
j) 6 (federal subsidization)
k) 5
l) 4
m) 6
n) 5
o) 4
p) 3
q) 3
r) 6

2. Fours across the board.

3. On G, I support a flat personal income tax. Also, there should be taxes on alcohol, tobacco, corporate profits, and inheritance. These taxes should be increased because alcohol and tobacco are luxury goods that the government has a vested interest in discouraging, corporations have no purpose other than to make money (so they might as well give some of that money to provide essential service), and inheritance because the heirs did nothing to earn that inheritance.

4. No, I do not support repealing the estate tax. Just like the inheritance tax, the heirs have done nothing to earn that estate, other than simply being good butt buddies to the person they inherit from.

Campaign and finance
I support taking down virtually every single barrier to political campaigning. Every red-tape related barrier to campaigning must first pass strict scrutiny.

Crime Issues
a) No
b) yes
c) yes
d) yes
e) no
f) no
g) kinda
h) yes
i) Also, end the ban on drugs.

Education Issues
a) no
b) yes
c) yes
d) no
e) no
f) yes
h) no
i) no
j) no
k) yes

Employment issues
a) no
b) HELL YES!
c) No need. They already HAVE to provide most of that stuff!
d) no
e) yes
f) yes
g) yes
h) yes
i) I would keep the laws that employers must abide by, but get rid of the executive agencies that "enforce" them. If an employer has committed a tort to its employee, the employee can sue them, no fuss no muss!

Environment Issues
a) yes
b) yes
c) yes
d) yes
e) no (the free market can do that for us)
f) yes
g) yes
h) yes
i) yes
j) yes
k) yes
l) yes
m) Aside from pure pollution standards, we should not interfere with the environment.

Gun Issues
a) yes
b) no
c) 6
d) 6
e) Gun ownership is a second amendment right. As long as they're not WMDs or bombs, we should let them.

Health Issues
a) no
b) yes
c) yes; the extra competition will hopefully drive down costs.
d) No; we should eliminate Medicare and Medicaid altogether.
e) yes
f) yes

Immigration Issues
a) no
b) why not?
c) no
d) yes
e) no
f) yes
g) yes
h) yes
i) Don't decrease, but increase the number of legal visas allowed each year!

International Aid
a) no
b) no
c) yes
d) yes

International policy
a) no
b) no
c) yes
d) no
e) no
f) yes
g) total withdrawal in six months or less.
h) yes
j) no to both
k) I don't see why not
l) yes
m) yes
n) no
o) no
p) no
q) no
r) no

International trade
a) no
b) no
c) yes
d) yes (because we don't have a choice)

National Security Issues
a) no
b) no
c) yes
d) no
e) no
f) yes
g) no
h) yes

Social Issues
a) yes
b) no
c) no
d) no
e) no
f) no
g) no

Social Security issues
a) yes
b) no
c) no
d) no
e) Yes, raise it to 70.5, just like with private IRAs.

Welfare and Poverty Issues
a) n/a
b) n/a
c) n/a
d) yes
e) Charities will have to pick up the tab on welfare programs. To do this, I would encourage charitable donations by marking off your tax liability dollar for dollar, up to 50% of your tax liability.

Well, those are the results of MY political courage test! What's yours?

Back
Top Bottom