• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Political Correctness...Its a Mad World

VanceMack

Less like the tiger...more like the lion.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"The man who challenged the Munich gunman could face charges for insulting the shooter as he confronted him. Thomas Salbey, 57, launched a profanity-filled verbal attack at 18-year-old gunman Ali Sonboly from his balcony in the Bavarian capital in an attempt to stop him."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-who-challenged-munich-gunman-could-face-141324316.html

Just ****ing nuts. And people think the SHOOTER was mentally ill?

"The man who challenged the Munich gunman could face charges for insulting the shooter as he confronted him. Thomas Salbey, 57, launched a profanity-filled verbal attack at 18-year-old gunman Ali Sonboly from his balcony in the Bavarian capital in an attempt to stop him."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-who-challenged-munich-gunman-could-face-141324316.html

Murderous Islamic terrorists have feelings too?

as I said in another thread, 1984 here we come.

I dont think this has to be about whether or not the kid was pro German, pro Iranian, pro Muslim, or whatever so much as the fact that a citizen trying to distract a gunman and prevent more shootings is at risk for 'insulting' the gunman. Its just ****ing nutz.

Censoring is not mine, it's Reddit's.

Balcony man: 'You ****ing a*****e you...'
Gunman: 'Because of you I was bullied for 7 years...'
Balcony man: 'You w****r you. you're a w****r'
Gunman: '...and now I have to buy a gun to shoot you'
Balcony man: 'A gun! F**k off! Your head should be cut off you a*****e'
The gunman and balcony man begin shouting at each other.
Balcony man apparently to people filming: 'He's got a gun here the guy has one'
Unseen voice: 'F*****g Turks!'
Balcony man: 'F*****g foreigner'
Balcony man to someone else: 'Ey! He's got a gun! He has loaded his gun. Get the cops here. He's walking around here the w****r!'
Gunman: 'I am German.'
Balcony man: 'You're a w****r is what you are'
Gunman: 'Stop filming!'
Balcony man: 'A w****r is what you are. What the f**k are you doing?'
Shooter: 'Yeah what, I was born here.'
Balcony man: 'Yeah and what the f**k you think you're doing?'
Gunman: 'I grew up here in the Hartz 4 (unemployment benefits in Germany) area.'
Balcony man and Shooter talk at same time.
Balcony man: 'Yeah treatment is something for you'
Gunman: 'I haven't done anything here for (unintelligible) ... 'Please shut your mouth'
Balcony man: 'You c**t you'
Balcony man to people nearby: 'Hey, he's on the upper floor here.'
The cameraman goes into cover as the gunman starts firing. Balcony man calls him a c***t again.
Balcony man: 'They must have been s******g into your head'
Gunman: 'They have not. They have not, that's the thing. They have not.'

Excessive PC and it's absolute ridiculousness.
WTF. Just WTF.

And it's already here, and it's going to get worse. Soon, we'll have this level of stupidity here, if we don't already.

You have to be kidding!

and yet, no, this story isn't from one of the internet tabloids. It's for real.

He could be charged with "insults to the detriment of the Dead." OMG. He wasn't dead when the insults were being made, and, if he had been, he'd never have heard them.

What a crock.

Europe is not exactly well known for caring about free speech. The people I have talked to about this from Germany like to rationalize it with Hitler.

Damn right! Is Keemstar gone yet? I haven't actually bothered to check any of his crap lately.

Nope he's not gone (but he was for awhile). He's still the host of DramaAlert.

But all of their videos have a massive amount of dislikes, and everyone in the comments despises him (for obvious reasons).

**** Keemstar. He's about as trustworthy and honest as Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:
Nope he's not gone (but he was for awhile). He's still the host of DramaAlert.

But all of their videos have a massive amount of dislikes, and everyone in the comments despises him (for obvious reasons).

**** Keemstar. He's about as trustworthy and honest as Hillary Clinton.

Okay, even Hillary isn't as dishonest as Keem! :lol:

Yeah, well, we have a First Amendment so that insanity wouldn't fly here:

But according to local daily paper Tageszeitung Munchen, Salbey is now being investigated by German prosecutors and could face charges himself.

Spokesperson Florian Weinzierl from the State Prosecutor’s office of Munich confirmed that Salbey is being investigated.

It has not been confirmed whether charges will be brought or what they will include, but Weinzierl suggested they could include “insults to the detriment of the Dead.”

Why do I have a feeling all this poutrage is over a bad Google translation of an article in a German newspaper?

Censoring is not mine, it's Reddit's.
Balcony man: 'You ****ing a*****e you...'
Gunman: 'Because of you I was bullied for 7 years...'
Balcony man: 'You w****r you. you're a w****r'
Gunman: '...and now I have to buy a gun to shoot you'
Balcony man: 'A gun! F**k off! Your head should be cut off you a*****e'
The gunman and balcony man begin shouting at each other.*
Balcony man apparently to people filming: 'He's got a gun here the guy has one'
Unseen voice: 'F*****g Turks!'
Balcony man: 'F*****g foreigner'
Balcony man to someone else: 'Ey! He's got a gun! He has loaded his gun. Get the cops here. He's walking around here the w****r!'
Gunman: 'I am German.'
Balcony man: 'You're a w****r is what you are'
Gunman: 'Stop filming!'
Balcony man: 'A w****r is what you are. What the f**k are you doing?'
Shooter: 'Yeah what, I was born here.'
Balcony man: 'Yeah and what the f**k you think you're doing?'
Gunman: 'I grew up here in the Hartz 4 (unemployment benefits in Germany) area.'
Balcony man and Shooter talk at same time.*
Balcony man: 'Yeah treatment is something for you'
Gunman: 'I haven't done anything here for (unintelligible) ... 'Please shut your mouth'
Balcony man: 'You c**t you'
Balcony man to people nearby: 'Hey, he's on the upper floor here.'
The cameraman goes into cover as the gunman starts firing. Balcony man calls him a c***t again.
Balcony man: 'They must have been s******g into your head'*
Gunman: 'They have not. They have not, that's the thing. They have not.'

Source please? Does that exchange begin before the gunman had shot anyone? Kind of looks like it.

Last edited:

Trouble is, according to the link above the gunman was a fan of Adolf Hitler and the far-right anti-Islamic Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik; he was a German proud of his Aryan (Iranian) heritage who hated Arabs and Turks. It's like that saying goes, when you assume things you make an ass out of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom