• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

political cartoons that hit a nerve - share your comments/observations

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
there's a good thread for political cartoons
it's here:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/lighter-side/206226-political-cartoon-thread-vii.html

but there are times when a particular cartoon seems to generate discussion - without new political cartoons being posted

so, this thread provides a place to piss and moan about any political cartoon of your choosing so that we don't have to ignore those back-and-forth comments in that stickied political cartoon thread

there's a good thread for political cartoons
it's here:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/lighter-side/206226-political-cartoon-thread-vii.html

but there are times when a particular cartoon seems to generate discussion - without new political cartoons being posted

so, this thread provides a place to piss and moan about any political cartoon of your choosing so that we don't have to ignore those back-and-forth comments in that stickied political cartoon thread

most my gripe is that some cartoons arent funny.

satire is taking real life blowing it out of proportion and making comedy out of it,reguardless of whetgher its against someone ki like or hate,funny is funny.

i really hate those cartoons that take no reality whatsoever,have no satire or comedy involved,and parade them.political cartoonjs shouldnt be a political statement,but comedy making fun of politics.

most my gripe is that some cartoons arent funny.

satire is taking real life blowing it out of proportion and making comedy out of it,reguardless of whetgher its against someone ki like or hate,funny is funny.

i really hate those cartoons that take no reality whatsoever,have no satire or comedy involved,and parade them.political cartoonjs shouldnt be a political statement,but comedy making fun of politics.

i hear you
so, feel free to post any and all that you hate and explain what sucks about them

also, can't disagree with anything you have offered
but thought we need a place to discuss those lousy political cartoons so that we don't ruin the other thread with our comments/objections

I like a cartoon that has some wit about it, even the ones I disagree with that have somefunny, sarcastic or other merit. The mindless diatribe kind from both sides are boring, as are photoshops with partisan comments overwritten.

I like a cartoon that has some wit about it, even the ones I disagree with that have somefunny, sarcastic or other merit. The mindless diatribe kind from both sides are boring, as are photoshops with partisan comments overwritten.

absolutely
some of the best cartoons ridicule the views i hold
and sometimes there is more than a kernel of truth within
but clever ideas - like most good things - seem to know no partisanship

Back
Top Bottom