• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Swipe at Obama Over Tensions

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Police Swipe at Obama Over Tensions - WSJ

As President Barack Obama prepares to head to Dallas on Tuesday after the deadly shooting of five policemen, he faces criticism from some law enforcement officials that he has helped inflame tensions between police and minority communities.

And rightly so.

Obama has had a HUGE hand in fabricating and elevating racial divide and distrust of law enforcement.

There is absolutely, 100% no doubt that Obama has divided this country. It's totally despicable.

"Fundamental Transformation=Destruction and repression.

The fact of a black man being president divided the country racially. When he was sworn in racists lost their ****ing minds. He has spoken out on race a handful of times in his two terms, perfectly aware that anything he says is basically lighting a gas tanker. Meanwhile, anyone else can make his presidency about his race every single day. It's absolutely hilarious -- the first thing he does in response to the Dallas shooting is stand behind the police, and still the racists in this country make it about his race. They just can't help themselves.

The fact of a black man being president divided the country racially. When he was sworn in racists lost their ****ing minds. He has spoken out on race a handful of times in his two terms, perfectly aware that anything he says is basically lighting a gas tanker. Meanwhile, anyone else can make his presidency about his race every single day. It's absolutely hilarious -- the first thing he does in response to the Dallas shooting is stand behind the police, and still the racists in this country make it about his race. They just can't help themselves.

I greatly appreciated that he did nothing to hide his outrage over Dallas, which I found to be very genuine. He was horrified, and clearly quite upset. I wish he had stopped there and not mentioned gun control. That greatly disappointed me. It was neither the time nor the place, nor did it have anything to do with what happened in Dallas and the motives of the shooter.

What a load.

When this president IMMEDIATELY jumped to the defense of Trayvon Martin with no evidence, he showed his hatred for white people and the police. He's done so repeatedly. He looks to divide us at every opportunity.

The fact is, we have a terrible racial problem in this country, mostly because a huge percentage of black Americans are proving themselves to be undeniably racist, and are being raised as such.

What a load.

When this president IMMEDIATELY jumped to the defense of Trayvon Martin with no evidence, he showed his hatred for white people and the police. He's done so repeatedly. He looks to divide us at every opportunity.

The fact is, we have a terrible racial problem in this country, mostly because a huge percentage of black Americans are proving themselves to be undeniably racist, and are being raised as such.

Do you know why I know about his defense of Trayvon Martin? Because racists bring it up every...single...day. They've taken a few statements Obama made and latched on to them for dear life in order to believe that it's Obama who's racially dividing the country rather than racists who are obsessed with his race to the point of requiring severely strong medication. Think about it: you started a thread about a tragedy in which Obama immediately and unambiguously stood by the police, and you made it about Obama racially dividing the country. That's not healthy.

Last edited:
I greatly appreciated that he did nothing to hide his outrage over Dallas, which I found to be very genuine. He was horrified, and clearly quite upset. I wish he had stopped there and not mentioned gun control. That greatly disappointed me. It was neither the time nor the place, nor did it have anything to do with what happened in Dallas and the motives of the shooter.

I will only say that the way we approach dealing with gun tragedies carries with it an enormous double standard to how we address numerous others. I believe that our priorities are skewed and seemingly arbitrary.

Do you know why I know about his defense of Trayvon Martin? Because racists bring it up every...single...day. They've taken a few statements Obama made and latched on to them for dear life in order to believe that it's Obama who's racially dividing the country rather than racists who are obsessed with his race to the point of requiring severely strong medication. Think about it: you started a thread about a tragedy in which Obama immediately and unambiguously stood by the police, and you made it about Obama racially dividing the country. That's not healthy.

They have nothing else to desperately cling to. They latched on the concept the Obama somehow, magically, divided the country by race, since they were spoon-fed it as a false narrative, and now to keep that illusion from being shattered, they have to dig that much more deeply into it.

Sad, really.

What a load.

So Obama hates his mom? :lol:

Obama is a ****head. He was too busy playing populist to actually be presidential. He set the tone not during the Trayvon Martin incident but during the Henry Gates arrest. Had he been a leader, he would have waited before he waded into the fray and made himself look stupid. Then when the facts came out, had he been a leader he would have called Henry Gates to accounting and blasted him for being a petty petulant ****head himself. He SHOULD have publicly told Gates he was acting like a douchebag and that had he been a decent ****ing human being and not a race baiting ****head, he would have thanked the cops for looking out for his property, responding to the call, and then shown the cop his ID and thanked him again. That was his first journey into racial stupidity. Unfortunately...it was JUST his first. He has been an unmitigated disaster on race relations in this country.

Condi Rice could win the nomination hands down if she'd run.

Your insuations are lazy and false.

All he did when running for president was play the race card. so how did he not divide the country?

Condi Rice could win the nomination hands down if she'd run.

Your insuations are lazy and false.

Ironic (again) seeing as you used a thread in which Obama unambiguously stood by the police to bash him for racially dividing the country, using the same old tired and worn "he defended Martin!" tripe.

Sure, the country was at the peak of racial harmony until Obama defended a black guy and then it was RACE RIOTS!

All he did when running for president was play the race card. so how did he not divide the country?

For racists in this country, his "playing the race card" was being black. Like I said, they can point to maybe three or four statements (if even that, though their favorite is invariably the Martin example), and we're expected to believe a few statements divided the country along racial lines. No, for racists in this country the hunt was on for any confirmation bias that could validate their beliefs, however fragile and tenuous it may be.

one of the most decisive presidents in history.

He was attempting to explain a portion of his speech on race earlier this week—specifically, the statement that his white grandmother gets nervous when a black man approaches her on the street.

It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time

The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn

It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere...That's the world! On which hope sits!"

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations

feel free to ignore this like everything else.

For racists in this country, his "playing the race card" was being black. Like I said, they can point to maybe three or four statements (if even that, though their favorite is invariably the Martin example), and we're expected to believe a few statements divided the country along racial lines. No, for racists in this country the hunt was on for any confirmation bias that could validate their beliefs, however fragile and tenuous it may be.

Are you familiar with term Bully Pulpit? A few statements by someone with the power a president commands can make a huge difference. You are minimizing the comments to suit your own opinion.

Back in 2008, we had idiots jumping on Obama for discussing regular old white ladies being afraid of black men in one thread, then making threads supporting racial profiling of blacks in another. You can't make this sort of stuff up. The hunt for confirmation bias really was on from day 1. A president who openly discussed racial divisions Americans have known all about since the 1860s was never going to be welcomed.

Problem:he's not black, he just looks black. He is bi-racial. His mother was white, his father black. When he self-identifies as black, he's lying.

If he was an honest man(and he has proved over and over again that he is not)he could just as easily support his white brothers and sisters. Instead, he perpetuates his false narrative and continues to stir up discontent, division, and unrest. Sounds like an anarchist and a Marxist communist to me.

Frank and Saul would sure be proud.

Problem:he's not black, he just looks black. He is bi-racial. His mother was white, his father black. When he self-identifies as black, he's lying.

If he was an honest man(and he has proved over and over again that he is not)he could just as easily support his white brothers and sisters. Instead, he perpetuates his false narrative and continues to stir up discontent, division, and unrest. Sounds like an anarchist and a Marxist communist to me.

Frank and Saul would sure be proud.

Alinsky! Only 22 posts in! Everyone drink!

Smart phones with video recording cameras are what inflamed tensions between the two groups.

Expect cops to lobby (unsuccessfully) for laws banning cell phone cameras.

Back
Top Bottom