• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police state.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Is the right trying to move america into being a police state so they can feel safe?

Is the right trying to move america into being a police state so they can feel safe?

What methods do you employ to protect your two houses since you can not ethically have an alarm that would lead to the police coming or calling 911 is not an option you may ethically have? Are you a 1 person vigilante', a group of vigilantes', or do you just leave your door unlocked and figure insurance will cover everything?

What do you think you are entitled to still another house? The government should buy it for you? What is YOUR complaint?

When has the Republocrat Oligarchy not been trying to push us into a police state?

How would you respond if rioters tried to destroy your property?

When has the Republocrat Oligarchy not been trying to push us into a police state?

I hate your usual "both sides" takes, but you're dead right about this. Decades of both parties trying to out-do the other on "tough on crime" policies have brought us to this point.

The pressure cooker is blowing its lid, however, and it's time for Democrats to step back from promoting policies that create immunity for police and police militarization.

Which political entity is attempting to use the courts to force social change on individuals?

Consider....there are 1.2 million violent crimes that occur in this country annually (prior to the leftist 'protesting' ie looting and rioting). So where exactly are you seeing the response to violent crime as being a 'police state'? As for government use of police force, arent you and yours the ones that cheered on an FBI that partnered with the democrat party in order to alter a presidential election? Arent you and yours the ones that celebrate and cheer the abuse of the nations law enforcement when it fits your goals?

We absolutely have an out of control federal intelligence community. That's NOT a republican OR democrat thing. Both parties support it. The bigger question is what have YOU done to support them?

Hmmm. Seems that is actually what the left is advocating with your criticism of the administration's handling of the China virus.

I hate your usual "both sides" takes, but you're dead right about this. Decades of both parties trying to out-do the other on "tough on crime" policies have brought us to this point.

The pressure cooker is blowing its lid, however, and it's time for Democrats to step back from promoting policies that create immunity for police and police militarization.

Lots of people do not like my "both sides" takes, the problem is that it's accurate. I don't see the Dems breaking the trend either. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I ain't holding my breath.

Is it the right threatening harm on people who don't subscribe to their orthodoxy or is it the left doing that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What methods do you employ to protect your two houses since you can not ethically have an alarm that would lead to the police coming or calling 911 is not an option you may ethically have? Are you a 1 person vigilante', a group of vigilantes', or do you just leave your door unlocked and figure insurance will cover everything?

What do you think you are entitled to still another house? The government should buy it for you? What is YOUR complaint?

It's called a lock on the door. Do I need more? Unlike so many on the right, I don't live my life in fear or worry about pleasing some invisible entity. I'm too busy living.

Can you be a little more specific why you are asking this?

is it because the Republicans want the police to protect cities from rioters or is it something else?

Which political entity is attempting to use the courts to force social change on individuals?

Consider....there are 1.2 million violent crimes that occur in this country annually (prior to the leftist 'protesting' ie looting and rioting). So where exactly are you seeing the response to violent crime as being a 'police state'? As for government use of police force, arent you and yours the ones that cheered on an FBI that partnered with the democrat party in order to alter a presidential election? Arent you and yours the ones that celebrate and cheer the abuse of the nations law enforcement when it fits your goals?

We absolutely have an out of control federal intelligence community. That's NOT a republican OR democrat thing. Both parties support it. The bigger question is what have YOU done to support them?

I stopped reading after your first sentence. I just wrote earlier this morning how you republicans play both sides of an issue with a straight face. Weren't you guys bitching instead of impeaching trump the dems should have gone through the courts? Now that they are going through the courts, you complain. Losers.

I stopped reading after your first sentence. I just wrote earlier this morning how you republicans play both sides of an issue with a straight face. Weren't you guys bitching instead of impeaching trump the dems should have gone through the courts? Now that they are going through the courts, you complain. Losers.
:lamo

You are a crack up.

No...I never said the impeachment process should have gone through the courts. I said the impeachment process was a farce pressed by a bunch of leftist rat ****s that you support.

Can you be a little more specific why you are asking this?

is it because the Republicans want the police to protect cities from rioters or is it something else?

Horsecrap. Republicans want the police to protect property when the business of the police should be to protect people, not shoot them in the back. And when enough black folks, innocent black folks are gunned down by the cops what do you expect, coffee and donuts offered to the cops? The right hides their racism with all their rioters stuff. Maybe take a look at the root cause instead of blaming the people the cops are killing.

Horsecrap. Republicans want the police to protect property when the business of the police should be to protect people, not shoot them in the back. And when enough black folks, innocent black folks are gunned down by the cops what do you expect, coffee and donuts offered to the cops? The right hides their racism with all their rioters stuff. Maybe take a look at the root cause instead of blaming the people the cops are killing.

I hope you feel better after that rant.

Now, why do you think the republicans want a police state?

I would get out of the way. Property can be replaced. How about you?

It depends on the circumstances, I suppose. I have some possessions I would consider irreplaceable. I may use force, although here in California, it would be trouble to do so. Hope they don't catch me in a bad mood. I usually hit what I shoot at. Years of practice.

Horsecrap. Republicans want the police to protect property when the business of the police should be to protect people, not shoot them in the back..

Interesting theory. So you wouldn't complain if if I came over and burned down your house and stole your car?

Back
Top Bottom