• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police side with the 2nd Amendment

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A survey just released last week by the National Association of Chiefs of Police. After polling more than 20,000 sheriffs and chiefs of police, the NACOP found that 86.4 percent “support nationwide recognition of state issued concealed weapon permits” and 76 percent believe that “qualified, law-abiding armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent criminal activity.” There is probably no group that supports private gun ownership more than the police do.

Rank-and file-police show even stronger support for private gun ownership. PoliceOne, an organization of about 380,000 active and 70,000 retired officers, surveyed 16,000 members on the subject in 2013. Virtually all of the survey’s respondents said the “assault-weapons” ban, “a federal ban on ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds,” background checks on private transfers of guns, and “a national database tracking all legal gun sales” would either do no good or actually cause harm.

Seventy-one percent of officers said that an assault-weapons ban would have no effect, while 20.5 percent said that it would make things worse. Seventy-six percent of officers said that legally armed citizens are either extremely important or very important in reducing crime. Eighty-six percent of officers said that abolishing gun-free zones would reduce or eliminate casualties from mass shootings. Police are informed by what they see on the street every day. They know how important having a gun is to their own safety, and they know the help that private citizens can provide them if properly armed and trained.

http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

A survey just released last week by the National Association of Chiefs of Police. After polling more than 20,000 sheriffs and chiefs of police, the NACOP found that 86.4 percent “support nationwide recognition of state issued concealed weapon permits” and 76 percent believe that “qualified, law-abiding armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent criminal activity.” There is probably no group that supports private gun ownership more than the police do.

Rank-and file-police show even stronger support for private gun ownership. PoliceOne, an organization of about 380,000 active and 70,000 retired officers, surveyed 16,000 members on the subject in 2013. Virtually all of the survey’s respondents said the “assault-weapons” ban, “a federal ban on ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds,” background checks on private transfers of guns, and “a national database tracking all legal gun sales” would either do no good or actually cause harm.

Seventy-one percent of officers said that an assault-weapons ban would have no effect, while 20.5 percent said that it would make things worse. Seventy-six percent of officers said that legally armed citizens are either extremely important or very important in reducing crime. Eighty-six percent of officers said that abolishing gun-free zones would reduce or eliminate casualties from mass shootings. Police are informed by what they see on the street every day. They know how important having a gun is to their own safety, and they know the help that private citizens can provide them if properly armed and trained.

That is an interesting survey.

That is an interesting survey.

Surprised the likely suspects are not here questioning the numbers and finding fault with its findings....wonder if Jets son was part of the yea's?

Good post.

No surprise to me thou......I've been all for private ownership of firearms, my entire police career.

Many fellow officers and myself, have had citizen backup. I've encouraged citizens to get armed because the police can't save your ass. And any loony tune liberal that thinks otherwise, is a First Class Utopian believer!

Odd the banners have no comment on this thread

It shouldn't be surprising that kkkops side with the NRA.

It shouldn't be surprising that kkkops side with the NRA.

Of course not. The NRA is a stellar organization and does a great deal of good in America. I doubt that you would know anything about them except what is fed to you by Leftist morons.

They have trained thousands of military personnel and police personnel dating back over a 100 years. Why? Because no such training was offered. A guy was sworn in, given a badge and gun, a ticket book and an assignment. That was it. You went out and figured it out.

It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can't spell.

Isn't to me....and they don't know jack**** ......either!

Interesting that gun control is more like the KKK than one would imagine.

Even when Blacks did get their hands on weapons, the nascent Ku Klux Klan would frequently go on raids of Black homes and take away their weapons, making them even more vulnerable to Klan attacks.

Back
Top Bottom