• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police show 'compassion' for man accused of shoplifting for his terminally ill wife

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Beautiful. Bravo to these officers!

Let me know when BLM or ANTIFA do this...

Police show 'compassion' for man accused of shoplifting for his terminally ill wife

A man accused of shoplifting cold medicine and diapers from a Walmart in Kansas got help from police after officers learned that he was trying to provide for his special needs son and terminally ill wife at home.

When the Westwood Police Department put out a notice for the alleged shoplifter to appear for the shoplifting charge, they turned him over to the Lenexa police — and that’s when the compassion kicked in.

“Turns out he was the father of young boy [sic] with special needs and the husband of a wife with terminal cancer,” the post read. “The Lenexa officer heard the story and gave the man a signature bond. The WWPD, FWPD and RPPD officers bought some of the products for the man and he was taken home.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pol...hoplifting-terminally-ill-wife-200334056.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man accused of shoplifting cold medicine and diapers from a Walmart in Kansas got help from police after officers learned that he was trying to provide for his special needs son and terminally ill wife at home.

When the Westwood Police Department put out a notice for the alleged shoplifter to appear for the shoplifting charge, they turned him over to the Lenexa police — and that’s when the compassion kicked in.

“Turns out he was the father of young boy [sic] with special needs and the husband of a wife with terminal cancer,” the post read. “The Lenexa officer heard the story and gave the man a signature bond. The WWPD, FWPD and RPPD officers bought some of the products for the man and he was taken home.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pol...hoplifting-terminally-ill-wife-200334056.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well BLM and Antifa aren't the police and do not enforce laws. Nice try, but major fail.

Let me know when Trump or libertarians do this...

Seriously, do you have any idea how ****ing stupid your post is?

He just had to make it political.

We need more of this in criminal jus....in criminal enforcement. So very very much more. So very much more than a few articles about a genuinely good deed here and there; a cop does not punish someone for doing what anyone would do, a cop giving a homeless person a shoes. Yes, these are commendable acts, and praise those officers who do it. Really: praise them.

But, I'm drowning in callousness as I handle these appeals.

Well BLM and Antifa aren't the police and do not enforce laws. Nice try, but major fail.

What the police did was not LAW ENFORCEMENT. It was kindness.

Reading comp troubles duly noted.

Nice try, but major fail.

Let me know when Trump or libertarians do this...

Seriously, do you have any idea how ****ing stupid your post is?

I see how stupid yours is.

Trump gives more to charity than the DNC put together.

What the police did was not LAW ENFORCEMENT. It was kindness.

Reading comp troubles duly noted.

Nice try, but major fail.

The play is that they chose not to enforce the law in this case.. Good on them.

However, BLM and Antifa don't get to make that choice. So I guess, according to you, they did in this case exactly as you said they wouldn't. Antifa did not arrest and charge him either.

The play is that they chose not to enforce the law in this case.. Good on them.

However, BLM and Antifa don't get to make that choice. So I guess, according to you, they did in this case exactly as you said they wouldn't. Antifa did not arrest and charge him either.

They couldn't use the resources they get handed to help people? Why?

They are PUBLIC GROUPS who never help ANYONE...yet they DENIGRATE THE LEO's...

I see how stupid yours is.

Trump gives more to charity than the DNC put together.

Do you think no one will notice when you just make **** up?

Do you think no one will notice when you just make **** up?

Such as? It's you and yours who keep MAKING **** UP...

A 93-page list of Donald Trump's charitable contributions from the last five years

This list includes 4,844 individual gifts, which add up to more than $102 million over five years. A Washington Post analysis found that the bulk of them were actually free rounds of golf, given away by Trump's courses for local charity auctions and raffles. In addition, the $26 million land donation at the top of the first page was actually from 2006, too old to be counted on the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/...ve-years/2013/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaawwnnnnn…"YOUR TURN"...
Der…...yaaaaawwwnnnnnnn….

Last edited:
They couldn't use the resources they get handed to help people? Why?

They are PUBLIC GROUPS who never help ANYONE...yet they DENIGRATE THE LEO's...

Ah, moving the goalposts...

Back
Top Bottom