• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police should always believe people

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Lets say you've got a fire and so you call the fire department and they don't put it out. How would you like that?

Now I've never heard of the fire department not putting out fires that they're supposed to but sometimes somebody will report a crime to the police and the police won't believe them. That is unacceptable. That's just like reporting a fire to the fire department and they don't believe you and they don't put it out.

Lets say you've got a fire and so you call the fire department and they don't put it out. How would you like that?

Now I've never heard of the fire department not putting out fires that they're supposed to but sometimes somebody will report a crime to the police and the police won't believe them. That is unacceptable. That's just like reporting a fire to the fire department and they don't believe you and they don't put it out.

I've known many times of the fire department refusing to put out a fire if it was a volunteer fire department and the people where the fire was had not paid their fire protection fees.

So who's to stop 911 as becoming the number to order a hit on someone?

Can you give a specific example?

Hello? Are you home? What? Did you have a fire and the fire department refused to put it out? That was your premises. When did that happen. You heard the fire department not putting out fires. Oh do explain. When did you set a fire and no one responded? Ooops you gave it away in the question.

Back
Top Bottom