• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police shot Portland slaying suspect without warning or trying to arrest him first, witness says

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
The Washington Post said:
Police shot Portland slaying suspect without warning or trying to arrest him first, witness says

imrs.php

Police in Portland., Ore., had been investigating Michael Forest Reinoehl in connection with the fatal shooting of Aaron J. Danielson on Aug. 29. In an interview that with Vice News, Reinoehl said he was acting in self-defense, believing he and a friend were about to be stabbed. (Courtesy of VICE News)

By
Tim Elfrink
September 10, 2020 at 1:14 a.m. PDT

When police last week surrounded Michael Forest Reinoehl, a self-described anti-fascist suspected of fatally shooting a member of a far-right group in Portland, Ore., the wanted man wasn’t obviously armed, a witness to the scene said Wednesday.

In fact, according to Nate Dinguss, Reinoehl was clutching a cellphone and eating a gummy worm as he walked to his car outside an apartment complex in Lacey, Wash. That’s when officers opened fire without first announcing themselves or trying to arrest him, Dinguss, a 39-year-old who lives in the apartment complex, said in a statement shared with The Washington Post....

Why is this "shockingly unsurprising", to me? (Yeah I know that makes little sense, what in 2020 does?) :roll:

Why is this "shockingly unsurprising", to me? (Yeah I know that makes little sense, what in 2020 does?) :roll:

Because you see law enforcement as the enemy, just like most radical leftist do.

... and btw, unlike you, I'm not taking the statement of this one witness as gospel. He could very well be accurately describing what happened, but I'm not going to condemn law enforcement based on one person's account. I'll wait until more facts come out before passing judgement.

I'm not sure what to make of this?

Because you see law enforcement as the enemy, just like most radical leftist do.

... and btw, unlike you, I'm not taking the statement of this one witness as gospel. He could very well be accurately describing what happened, but I'm not going to condemn law enforcement based on one person's account. I'll wait until more facts come out before passing judgement.

Clearly you've no idea of the meaning of, words.

Eating a gummy worm? Really, Mr. Dinguss?

Unless there is video that demonstrates this I don't believe it.

Why did you start a thread about a shockingly unsurprising article then?

Of course you don't, ergo like all right wingers, you support cops shooting folks, regardless of reason, right?

I mean logically ity would just be so "out of character", of policing today? As we ALL know cops are always justifed right?

“Dingus” :lamo

Pretty strange or interesting that between all the cops and federals present for that not one of them had a body or dash cam recording any of it? hmmm...

Wow, Vice must be really hard up for some news coverage this month.

Throwing out someone who has something so suspect to say about something that already been covered in the media as consistently as this.

We can just wait for any video evidence, or other reports to come out and see exactly what is going on here. But we already know that Reinoehl was rather unstable and that he was armed. So it's not unlikely that any meeting between him and the police, while he was so paranoid of them at this point. Was possibly going to turn out as anything other then what it did.

Pretty strange or interesting that between all the cops and federals present for that not one of them had a body or dash cam recording any of it? hmmm...

How could you possibly know that?

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Nobody is crying over this dead murdering anarchist. Bonnie and Clyde were deserving more sympathy than this scumbag. But like Bonnie and Clyde this guy knew the police were coming for him, so maybe he should have turned himself in and lived to stand trial?

When cops have to track down armed and dangerous criminals, it doesn't always end in a game of paddy-cakes.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Nobody is crying over this dead murdering anarchist. Bonnie and Clyde were deserving more sympathy than this scumbag. But like Bonnie and Clyde this guy knew the police were coming for him, so maybe he should have turned himself in and lived to stand trial?

When cops have to track down armed and dangerous criminals, it doesn't always end in a game of paddy-cakes.

Agreed. I don't give a damn what happens to a criminal. If police end up shooting the criminal then that's exactly what happened. Thugs always talk about how tough they are until a cop attempts to arrest them then they want to play the victim card crying about civil rights.

Crooked cops do this. They should "DROP THE WEAPON!" as they are firing their gun so they can put on the report that they told the person to surrender even though they never intended to give them time to comply. They do this so if there is any witnesses they will say "I heard him yelling at the suspect to drop their weapon".

I knew this the minute I read the news that day. It was a hit. A Nazi raid and execution.

I knew this the minute I read the news that day. It was a hit. A Nazi raid and execution.

And of course the original, Mr. "Victim" had a can of bear mace, a loaded gun full of hollowpoints, and a colapseable baton cuz everyone knows those are essential items for non Oregon native "prayerful patriots". No POSSIBLE way he was doing anything but innocently engaging in prayer, he just was a bit lost on accident right?

Crooked cops do this. They should "DROP THE WEAPON!" as they are firing their gun so they can put on the report that they told the person to surrender even though they never intended to give them time to comply. They do this so if there is any witnesses they will say "I heard him yelling at the suspect to drop their weapon".

Witnesses who hear this often mistake cellphones for the weapons the cops planted in their mind, that never existed too.

There damn well SHOULD be bodycam video? Chances are there is not though.

And of course the original, Mr. "Victim" had a can of bear mace, a loaded gun full of hollowpoints, and a colapseable baton cuz everyone knows those are essential items for non Oregon native "prayerful patriots". No POSSIBLE way he was doing anything but innocently engaging in prayer, he just was a bit lost on accident right?

Yep, "I was just there to silently pray."

No one believes that. Just like we don't believe the Feds did not straight up execute this guy.

This is how you people are.

Get in people's faces, beat up people, kill people, burn buildings, and then you act all surprised when you win stupid prizes.

Back
Top Bottom