• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police shooting of Englewood man reignites political debate and looting as Mag Mile trashed, 13 cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chicago police return fire as looters hit Mag Mile, smashing windows and confronting officers

I can't fathom how radio is managing to survive let alone AM radio. Their listeners are mostly dying off.

Yes my generation and those older than me are dying off.
You know that 78 AM has CBS national news for an extended time at 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
I grew up on AM radio. I know how to listen. Mute the TV for games and listen to radio.
WLS used to be a great music station back in the day before FM.

Here's where the libertarian and 4th amendment crowd has no use for me.
Toronto had a targeted martial law for their lawless areas many years ago.
That's exactly what should happen in our dear city Chicago, one square block at a time.

Re: Chicago police return fire as looters hit Mag Mile, smashing windows and confronting officers

So if we are to continue our political civil war, then we must wage that war against the Oligarchy and crack this "two-party" scam open and return true political competition back into the system.

When did we ever have that?

Yes my generation and those older than me are dying off.
You know that 78 AM has CBS national news for an extended time at 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
I grew up on AM radio. I know how to listen. Mute the TV for games and listen to radio.
WLS used to be a great music station back in the day before FM.

Here's where the libertarian and 4th amendment crowd has no use for me.
Toronto had a targeted martial law for their lawless areas many years ago.
That's exactly what should happen in our dear city Chicago, one square block at a time.

I listened to Dr Demento when I was a kid in the 80's on AM radio, Then I found B-96 because they played new wave music. Scrolling through AM now, it's depressing. Commercials for "buy gold now" men's pocket catheters, elevator music, preachers and polish music.

Trumps America. And you lot want 4 more years of this.
Can you just imagine?

Rofl...no...this is leftist America. These are actions by liberals and being allowed by liberal politicians.

Rofl...no...this is leftist America. These are actions by liberals and being allowed by liberal politicians.

This is Trump's America.

Trumps "Murica'" is trailer parks, rural meth labs and Tiki torch carrying, khaki pants wearing douche bags with SS haircuts.

Here’s what I did here in Baltimore. 2 weeks ago I moved to the burbs. There are certain areas where the “Move to Opportunity “ program moved city residents from the projects here that have deteriorated since, with one difference. Even during the riots in 2015 , you could walk a block into the county, and there was no violence. The people that live in the county tend to be heavily armed and well supplied. There were certain areas in the city that rioters would avoid, but here in the county, the majority of households have at least one gun. These rioters are bullies and cowards, which is why they won’t dare bring that crap here. So my advice is this; if you live in a city where the police can’t or won’t protect you, move to an area where the citizens are known to be armed, and do not need the police to keep a bunch of thugs from burning their neighborhood down. The thugs know which areas to mess with, and which one to avoid like the plague. I was in your position. Get out while you can get something for your house.

I live in a town between Peoria and Chicago surrounded by farm fields.
We are one of the highest concealed carry towns per capita in the state.
My neighbors have signs that say -- Pritzker Sucks.
Knocking on wood, I live in a safe subdivision.

White flight occurred decades ago from Chicago.
The collar counties used to be like 10 to 1 GOP.
That has changed with the influx of new residents.

I'm not opposed to the feds 'helping' our State and City Police.
How many of them have died due to helping people with Covid -- they're exhausted.
The Feds and NG could have the backs of State and City police.

I have former students and wrestlers who are police.
I'm a mod/con Dem who's ****ing pissed.
I've got no use for people trying to massage this outrage.
And I don't want to go political or else I'll really explode.

Boy, remember back before Trump, when civil unrest was a sometimes thing?

I do. Baltimore still hasn’t recovered from the riot when Obama was in. Race relations were set back decades. I don’t blame Obama as much as I do people like Sharpton and BLM. I think Sharpton feared he would be marginalized. Without victim hood, Al and the rest of the civil rights extortionists would be out of a job. Sharpton and the Dems need to keep the black community on the government assistance plantation. The more their scam is exposed, the more black citizens are walking off that plantation.

I do. Baltimore still hasn’t recovered from the riot when Obama was in. Race relations were set back decades. I don’t blame Obama as much as I do people like Sharpton and BLM. I think Sharpton feared he would be marginalized. Without victim hood, Al and the rest of the civil rights extortionists would be out of a job. Sharpton and the Dems need to keep the black community on the government assistance plantation. The more their scam is exposed, the more black citizens are walking off that plantation.

Well, that was special.

You prefer Nazi like lock-downs and billy club beatings in the streets?

It has never been about justice or change. It has always been about Democrats creating as much violence, destruction, terror, and panic as possible prior to the election.

I think the biggest mistake Democratic officials could have made was pandering to the miscreants in Seattle, then Atlanta and Portland. These places made headline news because of the boot licking the mayors did, as did the governor of Washington. Predictably, the miscreants have now become first class thugs, deciding to run Chicago into ruin so they can intimidate and steal their way into luxury, and murder with impunity. The Democratic "leadership" is so foolish, so pathetic. And then they think they have a prayer to win the presidential election?? Not if the violence continues, and it probably will, because all the zombies think they've backed their sympathetic keepers into submission. Now, guns are being sold at a record pace because average Americans are so afraid of a Democratic aka Demochaotic governance. Methinks they don't need to worry. Trump is gaining traction. Thanks!!

They seemed much more reasonable about protests concerning masks, and dumbass rednecks walking around the MI capitol buildings with rifles & other cosplay gear.

Riots are nothing new in Baltimore. The riots in 1968 and 1974 were doozies.

I live in a town between Peoria and Chicago surrounded by farm fields.

Bloomington/Normal?

Riots are nothing new in Baltimore. The riots in 1968 and 1974 were doozies.

Yup, I was there for the 68 riots. I believe that was even worse. I was over seas in 74.

It has never been about justice or change. It has always been about Democrats creating as much violence, destruction, terror, and panic as possible prior to the election.

Democrats are not evil. Too many of them are foolish. They forget that the doubling of the crime rate from 1960 to 1960 and the black ghetto riots that happened from 1964 to 1968 elected Richard Nixon, even though the War in Vietnam was becoming unpopular.

Black ghetto riots and the increase in black crime are the only issues Trump has. They may get him reelected. Trump cannot brag about his response to COVID-19. He can't say much about the economy any more. His promise to defund Social Security and Medicare will hurt him with the retired whites who have been a major Republican constituency.

*Democrats'/leftist America

What candidates do you think the people doing this support?

The rioters aren't the type of people that would ever bother to cast a ballot.

Trumps the most helpless 'most powerful man in the world' the world has ever seen, apparently. He's not responsible for anything, can't do anything about anything, gets credit for an economic recovery he had nothing to do with and gets a pass when doing nothing has a bad result. Authority without responsibility, that's what you Trump supporters have reduced the Presidency to.
Know what? Biden's a faint hope, not much to hang a hat on but he's all the hope your system has given you because four more years of Trump and the damage will be irreversible. You lot will have completely squandered your inheritance and earned a spot in the history books as The Worst Generation.

I want the riots crushed by any means necessary.

Bloomington/Normal?

I went to undergraduate at Illinois State beginning in 1971 in Normal which was still dry due to all of the land donated to them by the Adlai Stevenson family. It went wet during my undergrad years.

Normal has now basically surrounded Bloomington, especially with land feeding the schools. We love to go shopping in Bloomington though, on Veteran’s Parkway.

They seemed much more reasonable about protests concerning masks, and dumbass rednecks walking around the MI capitol buildings with rifles & other cosplay gear.

Notice there was no violence, no buildings set on fire, no breaking windows. Funny how peaceful people can be when a few are armed. Same in Korea town during the Rodney King riots. The stores that were protected by armed citizens were untouched.
So what are the Dems doing? Defunding the police, and attacking the main defender of the 2nd amendment, the NRA. Good plan. Leave citizens unprotected, and their ability to defend themselves.

Notice there was no violence, no buildings set on fire, no breaking windows. Funny how peaceful people can be when a few are armed. Same in Korea town during the Rodney King riots. The stores that were protected by armed citizens were untouched.
So what are the Dems doing? Defunding the police, and attacking the main defender of the 2nd amendment, the NRA. Good plan. Leave citizens unprotected, and their ability to defend themselves.

I went to undergraduate at Illinois State beginning in 1971 in Normal which was still dry due to all of the land donated to them by the Adlai Stevenson family. It went wet during my undergrad years.

Normal has now basically surrounded Bloomington, especially with land feeding the schools. We love to go shopping in Bloomington though, on Veteran’s Parkway.

lol

I went to NCHS (which I don't think is there anymore) in the 90's. WIU for undergrad.

I want the riots crushed by any means necessary.

I'm sure you do.

lol

I went to NCHS (which I don't think is there anymore) in the 90's. WIU for undergrad.

Leatherneck. Small world. NCHS is now a middle school. Normal has two large high schools along with U-High. Premier schools.

The State’s Attorney has a news conference coming up at noon. She’s under fire from the Tribune. It should be tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom