• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Say 6 Dead, at Least 9 Injured in Sacramento Shooting

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
SACRAMENTO, Calif (AP) — Police in California say six people are dead and at least nine others have been injured after a shooting in downtown Sacramento.

The Sacramento Police Department says the shooting happened early Sunday morning.

Video posted on Twitter showed people running through the street as the sound of rapid gunfire could be heard in the background. Video showed multiple ambulances had been sent to the scene.

Police provided few details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting but said in a tweet that a “large police presence will remain and the scene remains active.” Phone messages seeking comment were left with the Sacramento police.

———————

Not much detail available yet. No word in the article regarding number of shooters, motive or whether they’ve been apprehended or killed. I really hate to see these kinds of evil acts. My heart really goes out to the victims and their families.

Horrible. Senseless violence is hard to digest.

“Police provided few details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting…”

Maybe I can call the Sacramento PD and offer one of those details: there are way too many guns in America.

“Police provided few details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting…”

Maybe I can call the Sacramento PD and offer one of those details: there are way too many guns in America.
Yes, I’m sure that would be helpful.

Yes, I’m sure that would be helpful.

Recognizing a problem is the first step to curing it. Otherwise, I hope you really like stories about mass shootings, because the more flooded with guns this country becomes, the more it’s gonna happen.

Recognizing a problem is the first step to curing it. Otherwise, I hope you really like stories about mass shootings, because the more flooded with guns this country becomes, the more it’s gonna happen.
How many would you confiscate from criminals?

Maybe this is due to the law "Use a gun; Go to prison" in California which was passed by a concerned public being ignored by liberal judges because too many minorities were filling the jails?

This country has always had a lot of guns, but we haven’t always had a lot of mass shootings. To make the simplistic claim that the problem is too many guns is just acknowledging you have a political ax to grind and really nothing more to offer.

This country has always had a lot of guns, but we haven’t always had a lot of mass shootings. To make the simplistic claim that the problem is too many guns is just acknowledging you have a political ax to grind and really nothing more to offer.
The percentage of guns in a country is directly proportional to the number of shootings it has.

It’s a funny world we live in when a statement this obvious is considered controversial.

This is the disconnect. Republicans paint Democrats as weak on crime while Republicans are the party blocking any sensible means to control guns, which are the leading cause of murders and enabler of crime.

For those that say that guns aren’t the problem, the police say guns are the problem.

The percentage of guns in a country is directly proportional to the number of shootings it has.

It’s a funny world we live in when a statement this obvious is considered controversial.
I’ll give up my full 2A rights right after you give up your 1A rights.

You were doing fine until you started making up numbers. You are welcome to share your proportionality statistics.

What I dislike most about the left and some of these posters here is that they won't admit the truth. As you stated, anyone can say that there are too many guns. That's the easy way out. Ever hear them complain about a state that did a workaround the law "Use a gin; Go to prison" in Kalifornia because too many minorities were in prison for using a gun in a crime? Nope. Just wait until a WHITE person is involved in a mass shooting(s) and you will hear 24/7 coverage. But a gang shooting or minority killing several people, you get <chirp. chirp>.

How many leftists here will admit that they want ALL guns confiscated and even if they did, how do you get the criminals to turn theirs in?

No, it means you have common sense. Defensive comments like yours acknowledging you have a political ax to grind.

And I'm sure there are more guns vs people today than ever before.

I’ll give up my full 2A rights right after you give up your 1A rights.
Making reasonable laws that keep guns away from those with mental disorders doesn’t violate the Second Amendment.

What I dislike most about the left and some of these posters here is that they won't admit the truth. As you stated, anyone can say that there are too many guns. That's the easy way out. Ever hear them complain about a state that did a workaround the law "Use a gin; Go to prison" in Kalifornia because too many minorities were in prison for using a gun in a crime? Nope. Just wait until a WHITE person is involved in a mass shooting(s) and you will hear 24/7 coverage. But a gang shooting or minority killing several people, you get <chirp. chirp>.

How many leftists here will admit that they want ALL guns confiscated and even if they did, how do you get the criminals to turn theirs in?
Yeah, in America‘s justice system white people are discriminated against in favor of black people. I guess that’s why there are a disproportionate number of black people in jail.

If guns were the problem, we'd see a helluva lot more white gun crime, but disproportionately so, blacks are committing these crimes.
With all the guns Americans LEGALLY OWN, there'd be no one left standing if guns were the actually problem.

Making reasonable laws that keep guns away from those with mental disorders doesn’t violate the Second Amendment.
And who gets to define mental disorders?
No guns for Trump supporters?

New study identifies a psychological factor linked to Trump supporters’ vindictiveness​

Back
Top Bottom