• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Respond to Report of Active Shooter at Walter Reed

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
False alarm.

Just reported that it was a training drill, not an actual event.

Looks like the media jumped the gun - pun intended.

Looks like it was the police that jumped the gun, since they said they responded to the report of an active shooter. Pardon the pun.

How can there be a training drill and the police don't know about - nor, apparently, did the person or persons who reported it to the police? I'm surprised that they weren't all made aware of it (the people who worked there).

Looks like it was the police that jumped the gun, since they said they responded to the report of an active shooter. Pardon the pun.

How can there be a training drill and the police don't know about - nor, apparently, did the person or persons who reported it to the police? I'm surprised that they weren't all made aware of it (the people who worked there).

Federal facilities don't always share their plans with civilian authorities if those authorities don't have jurisdiction or authority on or over the federal facility - such as local city fire department would have certain jurisdiction over a federal building in the downtown area of that city, but the same fire department may not have jurisdiction over a DoD base inside the city limits if the base has it's own fire department. That being said, I can't understand why in this instanced that the Army didn't notify the local authorities since the local authorities would definitely respond to an active shooter event at Walter Reed, as they seem to have done today.

BTW, damned good to see you back. We all missed you.

Federal facilities don't always share their plans with civilian authorities if those authorities don't have jurisdiction or authority on or over the federal facility - such as local city fire department would have certain jurisdiction over a federal building in the downtown area of that city, but the same fire department may not have jurisdiction over a DoD base inside the city limits if the base has it's own fire department. That being said, I can't understand why in this instanced that the Army didn't notify the local authorities since the local authorities would definitely respond to an active shooter event at Walter Reed, as they seem to have done today.

BTW, damned good to see you back. We all missed you.

I hope all is well with you and Yes Ma'am, Beau. Did you have a good Thanksgiving?

I agree with your confusion about why the Army didn't notify the locals. That would seem to be a no-brainer to me, but what do I know?

Thank God...false alarm.

Back
Top Bottom