• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police on tape riding bikes over injured man's head/neck

If you want people to stop protesting, this brutal behavior needs to stop.

There are two videos in the link. I have not had luck directly linking to videos in tweets in the past. In the first video, you see a line of cops on bikes. A man is collapsed in their path. Some cops avoid him. Then you see one cop ride over his head, front wheel, then back wheel. Then in the background, you can see a couple other cops get off and pile on the guy.

There is a second video showing that this guy did not lie down in their path. He was already lying in the street. Cops were riding by on bikes - not yet riding over his head. A protester runs over to try to render aid, and what do the cops do? They shout him away. And they leave the injured man collapsed in the street, to be run over as depicted in the first video.

And you're telling protesters that they're in the wrong? That they should be linking arms with the police and making threads to condemn violence against them? This is a perfect example of why these protests are raging. People are sick to death of the callous indifference, the arrogance, the malevolence of so many of our officers. They've come to believe they are entitled to do whatever they damn please to citizens because they're "the good guys".
________

Here's an older article from an ex-cop.

It's quite long and covers many areas, but he does address the bad apple routine. By his estimation,
15% do the wrong thing whenever they can.​
15% always do the right thing​
70% go along with what their partner is up to.​

If you're getting ready to say "15%" is only a small minority, you'd be wrong - it's more than 1 in 10 - and better suited for life in a brutal state like North Korea. But the number isn't just that 15% that do the wrong thing whenever they can. It's that 15% plus the half of that 70% that goes along with whatever is happening around them.

15% of cops will do the wrong thing and 35% will go along with that wrong thing. Think about that. You're not being asked to take it from me. You're being asked to take it from an ex-cop.

There is something seriously wrong in this country. The police brutalize us with impunity, and we brutalize each other. See also

A truly celestial statistic.......pulled right out of Uranus.

There are two videos in the link. I have not had luck directly linking to videos in tweets in the past. In the first video, you see a line of cops on bikes. A man is collapsed in their path. Some cops avoid him. Then you see one cop ride over his head, front wheel, then back wheel. Then in the background, you can see a couple other cops get off and pile on the guy.

There is a second video showing that this guy did not lie down in their path. He was already lying in the street. Cops were riding by on bikes - not yet riding over his head. A protester runs over to try to render aid, and what do the cops do? They shout him away. And they leave the injured man collapsed in the street, to be run over as depicted in the first video.

And you're telling protesters that they're in the wrong? That they should be linking arms with the police and making threads to condemn violence against them? This is a perfect example of why these protests are raging. People are sick to death of the callous indifference, the arrogance, the malevolence of so many of our officers. They've come to believe they are entitled to do whatever they damn please to citizens because they're "the good guys".
________

It's quite long and covers many areas, but he does address the bad apple routine. By his estimation,

If you're getting ready to say "15%" is only a small minority, you'd be wrong - it's more than 1 in 10 - and better suited for life in a brutal state like North Korea. But the number isn't just that 15% that do the wrong thing whenever they can. It's that 15% plus the half of that 70% that goes along with whatever is happening around them.

15% of cops will do the wrong thing and 35% will go along with that wrong thing. Think about that. You're not being asked to take it from me. You're being asked to take it from an ex-cop.

There is something seriously wrong in this country. The police brutalize us with impunity, and we brutalize each other. See also

The cop wasn't on his bike at the time. He was just walking the bike.

The protester seems to be a guy called "Trumpet Man" that has a penchant for getting himself on video through stupid human tricks. Yeah, the cop was giving back a little of what he was getting but it wasn't the least bit dangerous.

If you want to see dangerous then check this video out from the same "protest" - - The cop in this video gets a traffic cone thrown at him then takes a baseball bat to the head from behind.

Yeah, both terrible incidents, in both cases they were doing their job. One disgustingly the other courageously. In any case maybe they didn't need to be pushing the situation??? Maybe.

Our police force's need to re-think how they operate, which is obvious. Many years ago when I was young people looked for police officers; now even a white guy like me has to be very careful dealing with them. From my perspective they are seriously lacking in compassion. One of my neigbors is on the force and I know him to be a very good faimily man, but I'll bet he's a hard ass on the job. I know, you may say, that's the way it has to be now a days; I don't think so, human kindness goes a long, long way when dealing with people.

iLOL
For what reason do you think I need to watch it again after already watching it a dozen or so times?

Because the video in post #1 shows the officer purposely go out of his way to ride over the guys head. Thanks for making me watch agin, I didn't notice the officer dilberatly steer his bike over the guys head the first time. The first time I thought the guy was just in the way and the officer did nothing to avoid him, on second viewing he made an effort to run over the man. :(

Justify bad behavior? Wut? iLOL
The officer did not ride his bike over the guy's head.
1. Different incidents. Yellow road lines absent in one.​
2. He did not ride over him. He pulled/rolled the bike over the guy.​

If you do not understand those two simple facts, you need to get better eyes.
He 100% did not need to make any contact using his bike on a prone apparently injured person. end of story.

Because the video in post #1 shows the officer purposely go out of his way to ride over the guys head. Thanks for making me watch agin, I didn't notice the officer dilberatly steer his bike over the guys head the first time. The first time I thought the guy was just in the way and the officer did nothing to avoid him, on second viewing he made an effort to run over the man. :(
You must be purposely acting this way, becasue he in fact did not ride the bike over his head.
Or do you really not know the difference between the actions of "riding" and "pulling/rolling"?

He 100% did not need to make any contact using his bike on a prone apparently injured person. end of story.
Irrelevant to anything I said.

You must be purposely acting this way, becasue he in fact did not ride the bike over his head.
Or do you really not know the difference between the actions of "riding" and "pulling/rolling"?

You're right, sorry (black bike and officer dressed in black, I missed him get off) but he purposly aimed at the guys head to drag his bike over the guys head; not cool or necessasry.

You're right, sorry (black bike and officer dressed in black, I missed him get off) but he purposly aimed at the guys head to drag his bike over the guys head; not cool or necessasry.
I thought the same thing at first. Strange how he focused on that error yet, can't bring himself to say that the cop was out of line. These guys actually think that any liberal should be open game for brutality.

As someone else here said, two different events...unrelated to each other. Since the second one doesn't even show someone riding over the guy in the street, we'll just ignore it as being off topic.

So...the first video.

You are lying...twice.

1. The cop didn't "ride" over the person. The cop "got off his bike and rolled it over the person". That is quite different, don't you think?
2. The other cops didn't "pile on the guy". They stopped to render aid...or arrest...whichever was called for.

So...no "brutal behavior". None.

Your dishonest whining and crying over something that didn't happen is...dismissed.
DISGUSTING. You think the kid that had an Indian rattle his peace rattle deserves to sue the Washington Post for 250 million, but there is NOTHING wrong with cops rolling over humans. SICK.

Now imagine what certain people would be saying if that was a cop on the ground and the dude with the bike was BLM.

pig 1.png

pig 2.png

pig 3.png

Look close he had a helmet on.

Lying there unconscious, it would seem. Way to blame the victim.

Look close he had a helmet on.

A protester hit a police officer in the head and it cracked his helmet. Is that OK because he was wearing a helmet? Don't answer, actually. You put "logical" in your name, so the response will be anything but.

The protester seems to be a guy called "Trumpet Man" that has a penchant for getting himself on video through stupid human tricks. Yeah, the cop was giving back a little of what he was getting but it wasn't the least bit dangerous.

If you want to see dangerous then check this video out from the same "protest" - - The cop in this video gets a traffic cone thrown at him then takes a baseball bat to the head from behind.

"Seems"? Based on what?

If a cop beats the shit out of one of your family members, would it be OK if that family member had engaged in a "stupid human trick" at some earlier point?

The only reason you respond the way you do is that you have decided people protesting the brutalization of black folk by police are your political enemies.

________

I was hoping to see a cop ride over a commie's skull. Unfortunately, I had to watch a cop walk his bike over an "peaceful" rioter. You're fake news bro.

No one said it did. But, Leftists are damn sure justifying the riots and promising more violence if Trump wins the election.
Que sera sera.

Once that cop was assaulted with a bat, he should of dropped his pepper spray, grab his side arm and shoot that peaceful protester in the head.

DISGUSTING. You think the kid that had an Indian rattle his peace rattle deserves to sue the Washington Post for 250 million, but there is NOTHING wrong with cops rolling over humans. SICK.
I made no judgment whether anything was "wrong" with what happened. I told the OP that HIS blather was a pack of lies.

"Seems"? Based on what?

If a cop beats the shit out of one of your family members, would it be OK if that family member had engaged in a "stupid human trick" at some earlier point?

The only reason you respond the way you do is that you have decided people protesting the brutalization of black folk by police are your political enemies.

If someone burnt your business down, would you give a shit if he got roughed up by the cops?

I thought the same thing at first. Strange how he focused on that error yet, can't bring himself to say that the cop was out of line. These guys actually think that any liberal should be open game for brutality.
Your desire for me to say something I have no need to say, is as irrelevant as it is idiotic.

Based on your posts the logical conclusion is that you support this cops actions.
Only to those with idiotic thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom