• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: Officers shot, killed gunman in Houston

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Let me post the part of the story that kind of pisses me off:

A bystander, Eric Puckett, tells our sister station, KTRK, it was a black man that died. He says black men in this area are targeted. Puckett said, "It's like we got a target on our back even if we innocent, it hurts. You don't even want to walk outside your house no more. But to all the young black men and young black women out there, all black people do something positive."

No, Eric, the man didn't have a target on his back. He had a gun in his hand, and was pointing it directly at the police officers. Look, I am on your side when it comes to unnecessary police shootings, but when you say crap like this, it isn't helping your case at all. This was a justified shooting, no matter how you want to spin this. Looks to me like you just hate cops. That's all. Please take your shtick some place else. I'm not buying it.

Article is here

No, Eric, the man didn't have a target on his back. He had a gun in his hand, and was pointing it directly at the police officers. Look, I am on your side when it comes to unnecessary police shootings, but when you say crap like this, it isn't helping your case at all. This was a justified shooting, no matter how you want to spin this. Looks to me like you just hate cops. That's all. Please take your shtick some place else. I'm not buying it.

Article is here

I agree with you, I too am concerned about police that are dangerous and take the law into their own hands (thank goodness they are few and far between), and although you and I aren't buying what Eric is selling, there are thousands out there that are - including many in the government and media that are fanning the flames of unrest based on ignorance of the facts. It worries me.

If he had a gun and was pointing it, it was a good shoot. He was stupid and that stupidity got him killed. The End.

Article is here

Agreed. If he had a gun in his hand and was pointing it at officers, then the shooting was totally justified.

Last edited:

Article is here

Perhaps the media should stop giving mike time to people unless they are willing to challenge ridiculous statements like that.

If he had a gun and was pointing it, it was a good shoot. He was stupid and that stupidity got him killed. The End.

Probably more suicide by cop than stupidity.

But he wasn't pointing it at the officer was he.

Gun was drawn and given recent events in the US you can't blame the police for shooting. They have families to go home to as well.

Article is here

Maybe you would like to hear his entire statement/opinion ?

Eric is interviewed in the video below, starting at about 2:37.

It doesn't sound like he hates cops.

Gun was drawn and given recent events in the US you can't blame the police for shooting. They have families to go home to as well.

Exactly! If I'm not mistaken, the guy who was shot earlier this week in LA was waiving a gun at someone who called 911. Officers were ordered to the scene and what happened from there is under investigation.

The op...

Good grief , we have so many shootings now that one can't keep up. There was another one in Tennessee of shooter shooting at people on highway.

I am completely on the wrong shooting, my bad.

Good grief , we have so many shootings now that one can't keep up. There was another one in Tennessee of shooter shooting at people on highway.

I am completely on the wrong shooting, my bad.
That happened to me earlier today, but I caught it before I posted.

What a terribly sad reflection on our country ...

Perhaps the media should stop giving mike time to people unless they are willing to challenge ridiculous statements like that.

The media love stories like this because it makes them a load of money. They are one of the things thats wrong with society, imo.

"...Officers say they saw a man with a revolver standing in the road. There were two officers in one vehicle and they asked the man to put the revolver down and they say after that, the man pointed the revolver in the air and then after that pointed the revolver at officers."

Article is here

I also enjoyed this:

"We talked to the area's city council member who says these issues need to be addressed in the community.

Dwight Boykins tells KTRK, "The biggest gorilla in the room is very clear. We need to put officers in neighborhoods that reflect the neighborhood.""

Clearly if the officers had "reflected the neighborhood" they would have sat there and let the guy shoot them.

I agree with you, I too am concerned about police that are dangerous and take the law into their own hands (thank goodness they are few and far between), and although you and I aren't buying what Eric is selling, there are thousands out there that are - including many in the government and media that are fanning the flames of unrest based on ignorance of the facts. It worries me.

Unfortunately even the White House is saying it. And the governor of Minnesota. The 2 deaths of the black men last week were terrible. But the rhetoric has gotten out of control. And the rhetoric is fueling the flames....and unfortunately I believe it contributed heavily to what happened in Dallas this week.

Unfortunately even the White House is saying it. And the governor of Minnesota. The 2 deaths of the black men last week were terrible. But the rhetoric has gotten out of control. And the rhetoric is fueling the flames....and unfortunately I believe it contributed heavily to what happened in Dallas this week.

That's the whole objective. We don't ever hear a word when the cop is black, no matter what race the suspect is.

Article is here

This is the mentality of the black lives matter movement. It is removing personal responsibility from the equation. If I pulled my gun on a cop...I would get mowed down just as fast as a black person, and nobody would protest for my ass.

That's the plan, Tres. This administration is trying (and succeeding) to create a tribal culture in this country. They seek to divide this nation along ideological lines. Why? Because then they can come in as the "savior". It's how they maintain and expand their power. They tell blacks that they have no power but they'll defend them. They tell the poor that they have no power but they'll defend them. They create enemies where there are none and exploit the divide to give themselves more power. They did that with health care and they are trying to do it with banking, energy, retail and public safety.

That's the plan, Tres. This administration is trying (and succeeding) to create a tribal culture in this country. They seek to divide this nation along ideological lines. Why? Because then they can come in as the "savior". It's how they maintain and expand their power. They tell blacks that they have no power but they'll defend them. They tell the poor that they have no power but they'll defend them. They create enemies where there are none and exploit the divide to give themselves more power. They did that with health care and they are trying to do it with banking, energy, retail and public safety.
Sure, in this world, there are no losers, everyone is a winner. Conservatives naturally want everyone to be a winner, just so long as everyone knows their place.

Sure, in this world, there are no losers, everyone is a winner. Conservatives naturally want everyone to be a winner, just so long as everyone knows their place.

That, "place", being law abiding citizens. So you have a problem with that standard?

Obama promised to fundamentally change America. Here it is. He's turning America into a third world country.

Back
Top Bottom