• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: Officers shot, killed gunman in Houston

Sure, in this world, there are no losers, everyone is a winner. Conservatives naturally want everyone to be a winner, just so long as everyone knows their place.

Heh.

Conservatives don't believe that everyone has "a place". They believe that everyone should have the right to create their own place.

That, "place", being law abiding citizens. So you have a problem with that standard?
You know, I see you commenting on U-numbers, but you don't have any clue as to what they represent and then spout off about how they represent some sort of imagined conspiracy theory.....and this last comment from you shows part, if not the whole problem; you just don't read...or comprehend what you read. Luther made a point about the Negro in Chief creating a "tribal culture", where Obummer has created bogymen where none existed, that supposedly a lack of HI was not an issue, and that there are no problems with undeclasses being taken advantage of in the areas of "banking, energy, retail and public safety". It isn't about abiding with law, the issue according to the con from Tucson, is that these problems are non-existent and that the Negro is just creating issuess that don't exist to garner popular appeal.

If you are not going to bother with the context of the argument I am addressing, don't expect me to respond to yer inane blurts.

You know, I see you commenting on U-numbers, but you don't have any clue as to what they represent and then spout off about how they represent some sort of imagined conspiracy theory.....and this last comment from you shows part, if not the whole problem; you just don't read...or comprehend what you read. Luther made a point about the Negro in Chief creating a "tribal culture", where Obummer has created bogymen where none existed, that supposedly a lack of HI was not an issue, and that there are no problems with undeclasses being taken advantage of in the areas of "banking, energy, retail and public safety". It isn't about abiding with law, the issue according to the con from Tucson, is that these problems are non-existent and that the Negro is just creating issuess that don't exist to garner popular appeal.

If you are not going to bother with the context of the argument I am addressing, don't expect me to respond to yer inane blurts.

Why are you afraid to answer the question?

Heh.

Conservatives don't believe that everyone has "a place". They believe that everyone should have the right to create their own place.

Sure they don't, that was clear in the authoritarianism of religion....to the use of it in slavery......to the subjugation of women....or any minority.....all the way to the denial of any problems in the US like the lack of affordable health care, predatory lending or cities depending on fines to fund their government.

"You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."

Why are you afraid to answer the question?
I did answer you, YOU WON'T FRIGGING READ WORDS THAT ARE PUT IN FRONT OF YOU:

It isn't about abiding with law, the issue according to the con from Tucson, is that these problems are non-existent and that the Negro is just creating issues that don't exist to garner popular appeal.

That's the plan, Tres. This administration is trying (and succeeding) to create a tribal culture in this country. They seek to divide this nation along ideological lines. Why? Because then they can come in as the "savior". It's how they maintain and expand their power. They tell blacks that they have no power but they'll defend them. They tell the poor that they have no power but they'll defend them. They create enemies where there are none and exploit the divide to give themselves more power. They did that with health care and they are trying to do it with banking, energy, retail and public safety.

Ranks up there with, "Obama is a Muslim and hates America.'

I did answer you, YOU WON'T FRIGGING READ WORDS THAT ARE PUT IN FRONT OF YOU:

It isn't about abiding with law, the issue according to the con from Tucson, is that these problems are non-existent and that the Negro is just creating issues that don't exist to garner popular appeal.

You didn't answer my question. You brought up another thread and something about something in Arizona. Your original post contained a dog whistle accusation of racism.

Lets try again: why do you have a problem with black folks being held to the same legal standards as other Americans?

You didn't answer my question.
Yes, I did, twice. I just repeated the answer, the answer is yer question was a non-sequitur....because it was completely divorced from the context at hand.
You brought up another thread
Because you displayed the same issue there, you don't read.
and something about something in Arizona.
See, again, even simple context goes right by you, the person I responded to is, like me, living in Tucson, it was a reference to whom I was responding to.
Your original post contained a dog whistle accusation of racism.
You missed it again, the con from Tucson's post contained the racist comments lying just below the sheet....er....surface.

Lets try again: why do you have a problem with black folks being held to the same legal standards as other Americans?
I don't. That was not what I was addressing, that was not what the con from Tucson was addressing in the comment I responded to.....and you keep proving over and over again that you don't bother to read.

Unfortunately even the White House is saying it. And the governor of Minnesota. The 2 deaths of the black men last week were terrible. But the rhetoric has gotten out of control. And the rhetoric is fueling the flames....and unfortunately I believe it contributed heavily to what happened in Dallas this week.

That's the plan, Tres. This administration is trying (and succeeding) to create a tribal culture in this country. They seek to divide this nation along ideological lines. Why? Because then they can come in as the "savior". It's how they maintain and expand their power. They tell blacks that they have no power but they'll defend them. They tell the poor that they have no power but they'll defend them. They create enemies where there are none and exploit the divide to give themselves more power. They did that with health care and they are trying to do it with banking, energy, retail and public safety.

In the press conference done by the Black Congressional Caucus immediately following the Dallas massacre, the two shootings and deaths of black men by police officers in Louisiana and Minnesota, were called "murders" by those congressmen.

As long as we have high elected officials making such inflaming, enraging, and speculative determinations in a rush to condemn the police and claim racism as the root cause of all black deaths from gunfire, then the atmosphere of civil unrest (the beginnings of civil war) will continue to escalate. The White House, many in the Congress, some Governors as you pointed out, many Mayors such as in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and New York, certain supposed Civil Rights group leaders, as well as a large and overwhelming portion of the media are all fueling the violence.

Here's the video where the CBC calls the shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota murders:

Look at the 1:28, and 3:26 marks in the video...

Last edited:
This is the mentality of the black lives matter movement. It is removing personal responsibility from the equation. If I pulled my gun on a cop...I would get mowed down just as fast as a black person, and nobody would protest for my ass.

Um, the guy making the quote is not a member of the BLM. And, according to the Dallas Police Chief, BLM was engaging in peaceful protest. And, according to the Houston Police Chief, and the man pointing a gun at police officers was not a member of BLM.

Here you are, whining about double standards. Let me give you a double standard:

1) Black man in Houston points weapon at police. He is shot dead, and rightfully so.

2) White men at Cliven Bundy's ranch in Nevada point semi-automatic weapons at FBI officers, and they are not shot, but allowed to leave the area, and are arrested later. Had they been shot, Bundy and his followers would have been calling for a war against the United States of America..... Wait, they already WERE calling for a war against the United States of America.

3) In Oregon, a white man, Lavoy Finicum is killed after attempting to run a roadblock, then is shot while going for a gun. Right wing nuts claim he is murdered, and call for a revolt against the United States of America. These are the same right wing nuts who say that the black man in Houston deserved what he got, and that BLM is a terrorist organization, even when the Dallas Police Chief says it isn't. Want to know who the real terrorists are? The Dallas shooter, along with Cliven Bundy and his gang. No reason to separate them from each other, and say they are any different, unless you are a racist.

Let me post the part of the story that kind of pisses me off:

No, Eric, the man didn't have a target on his back. He had a gun in his hand, and was pointing it directly at the police officers. Look, I am on your side when it comes to unnecessary police shootings, but when you say crap like this, it isn't helping your case at all. This was a justified shooting, no matter how you want to spin this. Looks to me like you just hate cops. That's all. Please take your shtick some place else. I'm not buying it.

Article is here

The big thing going on here of late is just fear. The people are afraid of cops and the cops are afraid of people. Cops just wanna go home at night and they don't want drama: don't run, don't have a gun. The people however wanna just go about their business as well; "but is this cop going to be afraid of me?" And what can I do to make sure he is not?"

That's a solution.

Let me post the part of the story that kind of pisses me off:

No, Eric, the man didn't have a target on his back. He had a gun in his hand, and was pointing it directly at the police officers. Look, I am on your side when it comes to unnecessary police shootings, but when you say crap like this, it isn't helping your case at all. This was a justified shooting, no matter how you want to spin this. Looks to me like you just hate cops. That's all. Please take your shtick some place else. I'm not buying it.

Article is here

He actually appears to have his hands up in the video: Police Said They Shot A Man Because He Pointed A Gun At Them. Video Shows He Had His Hands Up. | ThinkProgress

The big thing going on here of late is just fear. The people are afraid of cops and the cops are afraid of people. Cops just wanna go home at night and they don't want drama: don't run, don't have a gun. The people however wanna just go about their business as well; "but is this cop going to be afraid of me?" And what can I do to make sure he is not?"

That's a solution.
It's an opinion, and provides no solution at all.

That's a solution.

I don't feel afraid of cops.

Um, the guy making the quote is not a member of the BLM. And, according to the Dallas Police Chief, BLM was engaging in peaceful protest. And, according to the Houston Police Chief, and the man pointing a gun at police officers was not a member of BLM.

Here you are, whining about double standards. Let me give you a double standard:

1) Black man in Houston points weapon at police. He is shot dead, and rightfully so.

2) White men at Cliven Bundy's ranch in Nevada point semi-automatic weapons at FBI officers, and they are not shot, but allowed to leave the area, and are arrested later. Had they been shot, Bundy and his followers would have been calling for a war against the United States of America..... Wait, they already WERE calling for a war against the United States of America.

3) In Oregon, a white man, Lavoy Finicum is killed after attempting to run a roadblock, then is shot while going for a gun. Right wing nuts claim he is murdered, and call for a revolt against the United States of America. These are the same right wing nuts who say that the black man in Houston deserved what he got, and that BLM is a terrorist organization, even when the Dallas Police Chief says it isn't. Want to know who the real terrorists are? The Dallas shooter, along with Cliven Bundy and his gang. No reason to separate them from each other, and say they are any different, unless you are a racist.

Do you think I give 2 ****s about the Bundy dumbasses? Good tactics by the FBI do not equate to systemic double standard racism in a different area. The FBI didn't shoot the dumbasses because they are well trained. Amazing isn't it? What? You wanted them to mow down those people because they were white? Is that it?

I actually think there is a nugget of a solution in there.

I've had hundreds of encounters with officers while armed. I'm a hunter. Give them respect and they will give you respect. Pretty easy really. I mean I went on a few ride alongs and every single one had at least 1 call with suspicious behavior during some kind of illegal activity (break ins, fights, one armed robbery). Cops don't know what they are going into, and there have been widely publicized ambush attacks on officers.

If we as a citizenry understand the job we are asking of our law enforcement...it should be pretty easy to respect our OWN request and make that job easier by not running off at the mouth and doing stupid crap to make harder (big reason I never will open carry unless hunting).

Do you think I give 2 ****s about the Bundy dumbasses? Good tactics by the FBI do not equate to systemic double standard racism in a different area. The FBI didn't shoot the dumbasses because they are well trained. Amazing isn't it? What? You wanted them to mow down those people because they were white? Is that it?

Damn, talk about taking something out of context. You just went into the Guiness Book of World records.

It's an opinion based on what cops say, based on the fact that the traffic stop is the most dangerous part of a cop's a job, and based on the fact that blacks and others feel like cops will hurt them.

If we turn those fears around, we go a long way toward solving the problem.

Damn, talk about taking something out of context. You just went into the Guiness Book of World records.

No. It is a legitimate question: do you have a problem that the Bundy morons didn't get shot? That seems to bother you? If not, then why aren't you proud of the FBI on their restraint?

Actually how does Waco make you feel?

Last edited:
I'm not either. But apparently many in urban areas are and videos back that fear up.

Urban areas are also having the hardest time filling their rosters with law-enforcement. I wonder why?

Urban areas are also having the hardest time filling their rosters with law-enforcement. I wonder why?

Well then, now you know what part of the problem is. The part is a management thing: Police Face Severe Shortage of Recruits - ABC News
While public safety departments face some of the same problems other employers do with U.S. unemployment at a 30-year low, police recruiters are additionally stymied by the job’s low pay, tarnished image, increasingly tougher standards for new recruits and limited job flexibility.

San Jose had a hell of a time for while due to "cutbacks" and "pension reform".

Back
Top Bottom