• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police officer blasts innocent man in groin with 50,000 volt Taser 'by accident'

The Mark

Sporadic insanity normal.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Police officer accidentally blasts man in groin with 50,000 volt Taser | Mail Online

Daily Mail said:
Police officer blasts innocent man in groin with 50,000 volt Taser 'by accident'

A man was shot in the groin with a 50,000 volt Taser gun by police who wrongly believed he had been driving without insurance.

Peter Cox was given the electric shock after he climbed out of his BMW to talk to officers who had been following him

A choice quote from the story:
Daily Mail said:
Mr Cox denied acting aggressively. He said the Taser missed his genitals by three inches.

He continued: 'I was really shocked and I didn't know what was going on. I got one in my groin and one in my ankle.
:lol:

Last edited:
Sucks that it happened, but seriously - how do people not know the most basic things. When you get pulled over, YOU DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR UNLESS TOLD TO. Common sense is so uncommon these days.

I mean, it's not like being a cop is easy. Every day your life is on the line, and I've heard far too many stories of people pulling guns on cops and firing for simply pulling them over, or even less. This guy could've been a felon on the run, high as a kite, or just a complete loon.

Part of me enjoys when people are punished for stupidity. As far as I'm concerned, it's either a valuable lesson learned or Darwin doing his job.

Sucks that it happened, but seriously - how do people not know the most basic things. When you get pulled over, YOU DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR UNLESS TOLD TO. Common sense is so uncommon these days.

I mean, it's not like being a cop is easy. Every day your life is on the line, and I've heard far too many stories of people pulling guns on cops and firing for simply pulling them over, or even less. This guy could've been a felon on the run, high as a kite, or just a complete loon.

Part of me enjoys when people are punished for stupidity. As far as I'm concerned, it's either a valuable lesson learned or Darwin doing his job.

Quote(pulling guns on cops)
Gipper, I do take your entire point and have to admit that here in the US what this guy did was stupid enough that had he been killed it would have been his own fault.
BUT, this did not happen in the US, it did happen in the UK (where believe it or not, the US 2nd ammendment does not apply), possession of guns in the UK is strictly against the law, the likelyhood of a private citizen having such is extremely remote.
So one has to come back to why would the Police taser someone? a possibility is that the guy bad mouthed the Police, but even so Tasering a person for that is way out of line.

If I got tased in the balls with 50,000 volts, you can be absolutely certain that I would have an "accident". Just thinking about it makes me want to run to the bathroom. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom