• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: No protesters hurt, driver taken to hospital after truck drives into crowd on I-35W in Minne

He absolutely has control, he can refuse to drive an unsafe truck.....

He worked there 2 weeks. He had no mountain driving experience...he is 23 years old. He may not have even known what the runaway ramp was for...in Houston,Texas they don't have them.

He worked there 2 weeks. He had no mountain driving experience...he is 23 years old. He may not have even known what the runaway ramp was for...in Houston,Texas they don't have them.

Did you read that that was his 3rd trip down that corridor? Probably not enough to distinguish as experience, but enough to recognize the runaway ramp, the real problem, twofold, A. he did try for that ramp, but there was a truck parked on the shoulder blocking it off, and B. when he saw that, he should have hit the truck regardless, but he made the decision to go back into traffic.

Did you read that that was his 3rd trip down that corridor? Probably not enough to distinguish as experience, but enough to recognize the runaway ramp, the real problem, twofold, A. he did try for that ramp, but there was a truck parked on the shoulder blocking it off, and B. when he saw that, he should have hit the truck regardless, but he made the decision to go back into traffic.

3rd trip in 2 weeks is not experience. Especially in a mountainrange. I drove in Texas for years. I was scared to damn death to drive where I lived in Colorado during the snow, even with a 4 wheel drive Jeep made for that type of weather....and I have experience with driving trucks. He is a 23 year old...which is a kid in most people's book...I remember a time when you could not get a CDL until you were around 26 because you need experience, life experience. He didn't know what he was doing...even investigators think that he did not intend to cause this...yet, you are blaming him and not calling for charges against the company in Houston who is ultimately RESPONSIBLE for the truck and for their drivers having adequate training.

I am pointing out what the article said...you conveniently left that out.

A person has control of 80,000 lbs, he saw the protesters and he drove into the middle of them with a truck loaded with fuel. As I pointed out my biological mother and step father drove trucks for 36 years. My ex husband drove trucks and in fact we co owned 4 of them up until 2011 when we split ways. If one of my drivers had done this he would never be able to work in this industry again. You don't look at the end of your nose, you look AHEAD and are ready for the worst while hoping for the best. A driver in Colorado lost his brakes and drove into several cars on a freeway during a snowstorm. He killed a few people and went to jail for it. Did he mean to? No, but guess what at the end of the day, he was responsible for that truck and preventing things like that happening.

It was empty ... but then again you also claimed he busted through the barricades ... :lol:

Boston PD caught on video destroying their own police vehicle.

The police are framing citizens.

It doesn't matter if it was loaded or unloaded. The freeway was closed and he went around the barriers.

Just as I thought:

State Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington reportedly said Monday that Vechirko did not drive around any barricades or internationally toward any people, according to the Star Tribune.

Truck driver who sped toward George Floyd protesters on Minneapolis bridge released without charges | Fox News

Clara, you need to stop making up your own facts. :doh

Boston PD caught on video destroying their own police vehicle.

The police are framing citizens.

Without a source, a link, or anything, you missed your mark, CT is that way

the link I gave said he did. I didn't make anything up.

Your first post in this thread is #196 - "It doesn't matter if it was loaded or unloaded. The freeway was closed and he went around the barriers."

No link in that post that supports your 2 "facts" in the bolded statement.

Your article says he was charged with "making threats of violence" but then mentions nothing about what prompted that charge.

Your article says he was charged with "making threats of violence" but then mentions nothing about what prompted that charge.
They're saying he used his vehicle as a threat of violence by braking slowly instead of locking up the tires. He says he was trying to avoid jacknifing, I don't know.

They're saying he used his vehicle as a threat of violence by braking slowly instead of locking up the tires. He says he was trying to avoid jacknifing, I don't know.

Me, too, and it's that "I don't know" part that's going to throw cold water on proving that the driver intended to threaten or harm anyone.

Back
Top Bottom