• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: No protesters hurt, driver taken to hospital after truck drives into crowd on I-35W in Minne

Probably not, but uf we're getting upset about people not having a permit then I would think thst applies to everyone.

But, you were upset that they were there, not breaking the law. You support the rioters who are, breaking the law.

What positive is gonna come out of the current violent protests? These people are not going to be treated any nicer. You think lighting police cars on fire is gonna make them want to be nicer?

These protesters are stupid people. They failed in what they were attempting to do. They need someone with intelligence to guide them in the future.

perhaps police not killing people they shouldn't kill? That for starters.

There was no violence on the bridge.

If this suddenly made you racist, I suspect you pribably were before and just in denial.

I also have no doubt that you support RW thugs coming in and occupying the city.

I don't support violent protest no matter who is doing it.

You don't think a lot of white people aren't watching the riots on TV and getting more and more pissed off? They are seeing mostly black people. These are people who aren't even directly affected. They know this is the result of a black person getting killed. It's all about perception. They see the white people in Michigan protesting but not rioting or looting.

I think what is really happening is this is creating hate towards liberals. Lets face it, Antifa are liberals, Black people are liberals, minorities are liberals. All Different colors of people who love to cause damage. You have liberal governors who arrest an old couple all alone on a beach but ignore those who are looting and burning the city down.

Just when I though Trump was not gonna win!

perhaps police not killing people they shouldn't kill? That for starters.

I agree!

I'd also suggest people stop committing crimes.

I don't support violent protest no matter who is doing it.

You don't think a lot of white people aren't watching the riots on TV and getting more and more pissed off? They are seeing mostly black people. These are people who aren't even directly affected. They know this is the result of a black person getting killed. It's all about perception. They see the white people in Michigan protesting but not rioting or looting.

I think what is really happening is this is creating hate towards liberals. Lets face it, Antifa are liberals, Black people are liberals, minorities are liberals. All Different colors of people who love to cause damage. You have liberal governors who arrest an old couple all alone on a beach but ignore those who are looting and burning the city down.

Just when I though Trump was not gonna win!

When Beyoncé or Lebron etc claim black lives matter, they are referring to the black criminals who rape, kill and destroy, aka thugs. Black thug lives matter? White people need to wake up. First of all why do they get to stereotype all black peoples again? Because not every black person is a criminal. Not every white person is a kkk. Not every cop is a crook. As a matter of fact all three categories have a minority of members that are thugs, kkk’s, crooked cops.

So why do white people allow the ignorant to lump every black person into the same box going along with the dangerous notion that black lives matter?

Black rapists, murderers and thieves lives do not matter and I don’t mind if a cop busts a hole in their forehead with a nightstick in order to arrest them when they resist arrest.

And that goes the same for white rapists, murderers and thieves as well.

When people do not correct the language used by BLM or the fake news monopoly, they empower their false narratives.

Hope and change, K A G T[emoji631]R[emoji631]U[emoji631]M[emoji631]P 2020[emoji1]

Maybe he was lost.

But hey, how about that law about not smashing out truck windows and severely beating a man? Why did they just step out of the way and let him by?

How does a "lost" RNC donor find himself driving on a closed highway?

It was closed. What about that do you not understand?

I was listening to the radio and there was a police spokesman that said He was already on the highway past the point where it was closed. He also said he believes the guy panicked, and an apology would be appropriate. He doesn't think he will be charged.

How does a "lost" RNC donor find himself driving on a closed highway?

Nothing in the article says the highway was closed, nor does the Commissioner quoted in the say there was definitely anything that kept him from driving through.

Did the militias at the Michigan Capitol have a permit fir armed occupation?

If a trucker drove through a militia blockade would you start a thread? :roll:

doesn't matter if they had a license or not...the road was CLOSED thus he had no business there. Also, police are saying his actions appear to have been deliberate...ie not accidental. He was pulled from the cab of the truck and beaten because he could have killed several people. It is called self defense what they did....if you use your vehicle as a weapon do not be shocked if you get your arse kicked.

Self Defense? So.....they pulled him out AFTER THE TRUCK HAD STOPPED....and yet you want to call that self-defense? Sorry, no lawyer in the world would agree with you, considering the THREAT WAS OVER the minute the truck stopped....

As far as it being deliberate, if it was deliberate, can you explain why he laid on the air horn the minute he saw people? Seems counterintuitive there, I'm gonna go run over a bunch of people, but ****, let me warn them first.....

Self Defense? So.....they pulled him out AFTER THE TRUCK HAD STOPPED....and yet you want to call that self-defense? Sorry, no lawyer in the world would agree with you, considering the THREAT WAS OVER the minute the truck stopped....

As far as it being deliberate, if it was deliberate, can you explain why he laid on the air horn the minute he saw people? Seems counterintuitive there, I'm gonna go run over a bunch of people, but ****, let me warn them first.....

he used his truck as a deadly weapon...stand your ground is a thing you know.

I was listening to the radio and there was a police spokesman that said He was already on the highway past the point where it was closed. He also said he believes the guy panicked, and an apology would be appropriate. He doesn't think he will be charged.

he already has been charged.

Yep, and it is until the threat is neutralized, once that truck stopped, it was neutralized......

the police disagree, thus why he was arrested and why they stated that his actions appeared deliberate. If you did some reading of other articles you would know that.

and this...he knew the bridge was closed.

The bridge was reportedly closed to car traffic during the demonstration, one of many taking place around the city and the country to protest police brutality, systemic racism and the caught-on-tape death of George Floyd last week.

He wasn't arrested for breaking a barricade, he was arrested for driving through the crowd.

And you keep saying "reportedly closed" but have no actual evidence that the road was actually closed.

he already has been charged.

Not yet, he was arrested....not charged, they may decline to charge him, they may not, they haven't decided yet.

Yep, and it is until the threat is neutralized, once that truck stopped, it was neutralized......

nope, because he was still inside it and was spraying something at them from the window...he very well could have taken off again killing people...it wasn't neutralized until they had him out of the truck...btw, several people in that group rescued him and turned him over to cops.

He wasn't arrested for breaking a barricade, he was arrested for driving through the crowd.

And you keep saying "reportedly closed" but have no actual evidence that the road was actually closed.

I have posted quotes directly from the police...are you calling them liars?

nope, because he was still inside it and was spraying something at them from the window...he very well could have taken off again killing people...it wasn't neutralized until they had him out of the truck...btw, several people in that group rescued him and turned him over to cops.

Please cite where he was "spraying something at them from the window" and of course it was neutralized, it was stopped. Cmon, seriously?

Please cite where he was "spraying something at them from the window" and of course it was neutralized, it was stopped. Cmon, seriously?

the truck wasn't shut off...all he had to do was hit the gas again...it wasn't neutralized.

Here...direct from the source

During a late night press conference Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell said there were traffic diversions in place during the protest. "It appears as though the driver attempted to get around, did get around and ultimately entered that area,” he told reporters.
Truck driver who drove into crowd arrested; over 150 arrested after curfew in Mpls. | MPR News

and this
State Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell said at a later briefing, however, that the truck went around a traffic barrier to stay on the road.

Semi driver arrested after barreling into protesters on I-35W | kare11.com

and my mistake on the spraying...it seems that the police were spraying gas and mace...which only made things worse.

the truck wasn't shut off...all he had to do was hit the gas again...it wasn't neutralized.

Here...direct from the source

During a late night press conference Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell said there were traffic diversions in place during the protest. "It appears as though the driver attempted to get around, did get around and ultimately entered that area,” he told reporters.
Truck driver who drove into crowd arrested; over 150 arrested after curfew in Mpls. | MPR News

and this
State Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell said at a later briefing, however, that the truck went around a traffic barrier to stay on the road.

Semi driver arrested after barreling into protesters on I-35W | kare11.com

and my mistake on the spraying...it seems that the police were spraying gas and mace...which only made things worse.

From your artciles,

"The state Department of Transportation had shut down interstates at 5 p.m., so it remained unclear how the truck got on the interstate.

During a late night press conference Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell said there were traffic diversions in place during the protest. "It appears as though the driver attempted to get around, did get around and ultimately entered that area,” he told reporters."

Translation - WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED.

From your 2nd article "A witness said he saw the truck "barreling down, blaring its horn" without appearing to have any intention of stopping, as protesters gathered peacefully on Interstate 35W.

"You heard a horn," he told KARE 11's Boyd Huppert. "It was barreling into that crowd and they were separating, just parting, thankfully."

Translation - NOT ON PURPOSE, there is no other explanation of him blaring his horn, other than to warn people he was coming....

"State Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell said at a later briefing, however, that the truck went around a traffic barrier to stay on the road."

Now you have articles contradicting the facts.

As far as the truck being stopped, it was stopped, it's not a corvette, it doesn't go from zero to 60 in 3 seconds, it would take a good while before it got up to speed again, it was neutralized from being a threat

Its only stand your ground when its a white guy “standing his ground” dont ya know?

Back
Top Bottom