• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: Man sucked into sausage seasoning machine

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
DANVERS, Mass. (AP) -- Police said a cleaning man was taken to a hospital after being sucked into a machine at a sausage-making company in Danvers. The accident happened Thursday night as the man was cleaning the vacuum-type machine that is used to season the meat at DiLigui Sausage Co. Police said the man's head and shoulders became stuck in the machine after it somehow activated while being cleaned.

Lt. Carole Germano told The Salem News that the man - whose name was not released - was freed from the machine and showed no obvious sign of trauma, but was taken to a hospital as a precaution.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the mishap.

This may the beginning of a new fad, if his significant other likes his new taste. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the mishap.

Well, I do hope they are perfectly frank with this investigation.

:thinking That mustard been hard to get him out.

:doh

I don't relish the thought of what's going to happen to the machine inspector when they ketchup with him.

:inandout:

This may be the first news article ever that used "sucked" and "sausage" in the title and nobody was offended.

This may the beginning of a new fad, if his significant other likes his new taste. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Is it bad that I just busted out laughing when I read this and thought of that line from "Fried Green Tomatos"; "The secret's in the sauce"?

This may be the first news article ever that used "sucked" and "sausage" in the title and nobody was offended.

Give it time for one of the usual suspects to come in here and scream about the poor safety practices of Big Sausage and how the economy of that factory will never recover.

The guy is lucky that his name wasn't released, otherwise he'd forever be linked to the story.

....is this thing on? guys?

Give it time for one of the usual suspects to come in here and scream about the poor safety practices of Big Sausage and how the economy of that factory will never recover.

I don't think they have a casing.

And +5 for mentioning Fried Green Tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom