• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: Joran van der Sloot confessed to killing in Peru!

bhkad

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Police: Joran van der Sloot confessed to killing in Peru!

10:25 am June 8, 2010, by Theresa Walsh Giarrusso

(AP)

The Associated Press is reporting that Joran van der Sloot has confessed to killing the young Puruvian woman in his hotel room. (Apparently Peru is better at interrogations than Aruba!)

From the AP story posted at 9:17 a.m.:

“LIMA, Peru — Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, long the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of a U.S. teen in Aruba, has confessed to killing a young Peruvian woman in his Lima hotel room, a police spokesman said.

Police: Joran van der Sloot confessed to killing in Peru! | Momania: A Blog for Busy Moms

Several Peruvian media reported that Van der Sloot killed Flores in a rage after learning she had looked up information about his past on his laptop without his permission. They did not name their sources for the information.

Police: Dutchman confesses to killing Lima woman

Time to take his Gouda eating carcass off the face of the Earth.

Does this surprise anyone?

Does this surprise anyone?
That he did it or that he confessed to doing it? I guess it shouldn't surprise on either account given that they had video of the two going in and him leaving alone just hours before the body was discovered.

I agree, but as of 2007 their laws prohibit Captial Punishment, and the changes since then do not seem to allow this sick prick to get his just desserts.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/peru...-joran-van-der-sloot-be-executed-2624602.html

Jan 14 (Reuters) - Adamant despite setbacks in his drive to make the death penalty legal, Peruvian President Alan Garcia wants to change the constitution to allow referendums on the issue.

In a statement issued late on Saturday, Garcia said he would seek a referendum to change Article 32 of the constitution, which says cases limiting basic rights are not subject to referendums. Simultaneously, a referendum would be held allowing capital punishment for child rapists.

Peru leader seeks constitution change on execution | Reuters

Then we have these fools:
http://www.fidh.org/The-reestablishment-of-the-death-penalty-in-Peru
The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) wishes to convey its utmost dismay regarding the announcement made on August 8th by Alan Garcia, president of Peru according to which he plans to put forward a bill or a referendum, in order to reform the current Constitution and reestablish the death penalty for those guilty of rape or assassination of underages.

Last edited:
That he did it or that he confessed to doing it? I guess it shouldn't surprise on either account given that they had video of the two going in and him leaving alone just hours before the body was discovered.

Not to mention he will likely get reduced time for admitting it. According to Fox news he will likely now serve as little as 6-10 years. If he had not confessed he may have recieved the max which is 35 years.

Time to take his Gouda eating carcass off the face of the Earth.

Don't take it out on Gouda its some of the best cheese I have ever had.

Not to mention he will likely get reduced time for admitting it. According to Fox news he will likely now serve as little as 6-10 years. If he had not confessed he may have recieved the max which is 35 years.

I hope Mr. van der Sloot's stay in prison will be surprisingly brief and fatally violent. :smash:

We can dream, can't we?

For those interested, here's some good info on prisons in Peru.

Yes, he truly is a waste of breath!! I just wish he'd confess to Natalie's death once and for all so her parents can get some closure.

Back
Top Bottom