• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police in Tijuana report the detention of 39 migrants

Mason66

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mexico has detained and will deport migrants that tried to enter the US by force. Will this change anybody's idea that Mexico is not willing to deal with this situation when called upon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine Mexico will take this very seriously; if faced with the possibility of the US shutting the border, Mexico will move quickly to prevent another incident that will cause a shut down.

I imagine that is true.

Because the "other side" is in Mexico. Not our territory.

I'll rephrase: Why aren't we on the U.S. side trying to prevent this? I'll admit when I used the 'translate' option for the link, it didn't read easy, so I went more by the OP statement. If they are getting people trying to cross on the Mexican side, why are we not on the "other" side to 'greet' them.

I'll rephrase: Why aren't we on the U.S. side trying to prevent this? I'll admit when I used the 'translate' option for the link, it didn't read easy, so I went more by the OP statement. If they are getting people trying to cross on the Mexican side, why are we not on the "other" side to 'greet' them.

Prevent what exactly? The detainment and deportation by Mexican officials of those that tried to enter the US illegally?

We are. Shooting tear gas.

Back
Top Bottom