• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Groups Furiously Protest Eric Holder's Marijuana Policy Announcement

Funny as in Ha Ha? Conservatives have a right to be upset for they expect the Commander and Chief to uphold the laws of the land. And currently marijuana is classified equivalent to heroin. Either declassify it or uphold the laws. It is no secret that these new found medical dispensaries are selling weed way below street price and people are buying it and trafficking it to where it will get top dollar in states that don't want the sh*t . Where the f'k are their protections under the law?

the 10th amendment is the law of the land. when did conservatives throw that law out?

I haven't lost any debate. On the cannibas lover's old and tired debate on comparing marijuana with alcohol. My response was that out of all the people that use alcohol only 15 % become intoxicated. Not everyone who drinks is looking to get drunk. The drug user on the other hand 100% of the time is looking for a high.

While the cannibas lover doesn't like focusing on the link between drug use and crime, I have shown multiple links to studies that proves there is such a link. But no matter proof I would present coming from experts in the field of drug rehabilitation, law enforcement and the medical field, of course your expertise will always be more valid. NO doubt you hold a degree in law enforcement, sociology, and a medical degree to invalidate their studies.

On the cannibas lover's old and tired debate on comparing addiction levels of legal drugs such as caffeine and nicotine being more addictive than marijuana, I never denied that only to state that marijuana is an addictive drug and that the stuff being produced today is testing much more potent than what grandpa may have smoked at Woodstock. Showing the increase in treatment centers popping up to help with the addiction of marijuana is evidence of that.

And today I would like to add another tid bit of information that many may not be aware (I know I wasn't) and that is while the cannibas lover likes to use the argument that smoking pot is much less harmful than smoking a cigarette......then why did California put a warning on medical marijuana?

Marijuana smoke is a carcinogen

http://normanswei.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/marijuanahid.pdf

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Smoking things is harmful.

Duh.

That's why vaporizers were invented.

the 10th amendment is the law of the land. when did conservatives throw that law out?
a backhanded response, using double standards. One from the 1860's versus one measured by today's standards.

a backhanded response, using double standards. One from the 1860's versus one measured by today's standards.

more like an incoherent response.

Smoking things is harmful.

Duh.

That's why vaporizers were invented.

And golly gee, pot smokers never leave home without their vaporizors right?
You see them dragging them around all over the place.

Your detachment from reality continues to shine.
Marijuana is illegal in 48 states, regardless of varying degrees of illegality.
Vaporizers stink quite a lot.
People prefer to not go to jail.
1 hitters can be concealed, roaches can be tossed away and even swallowed.
A big ass vaporizer is a big ass problem.

Now everyone has their own preferred method, and many would choose their method regardless.
But if legal, some would choose vaporizers and possibly even pills and etc.
People with lung or throat issues certainly would try it out. Also former cigarette smokers.

Mine is pocket sized. Looks like a walkie talkie.

There are pens now for oil that look just like electric cigarettes.

Again, your complete lack of first-hand experience leaves you looking foolish.

Mine is pocket sized. Looks like a walkie talkie.

There are pens now for oil that look just like electric cigarettes.

Again, your complete lack of first-hand experience leaves you looking foolish.

Nope haven't seen walkie talkie size gizmos accompanying potheads either. I see pipes and joints.
Even the article I posted earlier about medical marijuana in California with a sticker warning it may cause cancer, is packaged in joints.
I don't believe my lack of first hand experience leaves me looking foolish. Nope not at all. In fact it's probably my saving grace.
I believe the one who looks foolish is the one who will purposely ignore laws to get what he wants. And anyone willing to do that so freely gives more validity to the researchers and professionals that make the case of the solid link between criminals and marijuana users. After all if you are willing to freely break one law, how many more are you willing to ignore?

Your detachment from reality continues to shine.
Marijuana is illegal in 48 states, regardless of varying degrees of illegality.
Vaporizers stink quite a lot.
People prefer to not go to jail.
1 hitters can be concealed, roaches can be tossed away and even swallowed.
A big ass vaporizer is a big ass problem.

Now everyone has their own preferred method, and many would choose their method regardless.
But if legal, some would choose vaporizers and possibly even pills and etc.
People with lung or throat issues certainly would try it out. Also former cigarette smokers.

I'd say next time I'll remember to hold a sign "Just Kidding" but there won't be a need for that because there won't be a next time.

Nope haven't seen walkie talkie size gizmos accompanying potheads either. I see pipes and joints.
Even the article I posted earlier about medical marijuana in California with a sticker warning it may cause cancer, is packaged in joints.
I don't believe my lack of first hand experience leaves me looking foolish. Nope not at all. In fact it's probably my saving grace.
I believe the one who looks foolish is the one who will purposely ignore laws to get what he wants. And anyone willing to do that so freely gives more validity to the researchers and professionals that make the case of the solid link between criminals and marijuana users. After all if you are willing to freely break one law, how many more are you willing to ignore?

And I imagine you'da been turning in all those illegal escaped slaves too, right?

"Its the law" completely ignores history. Which is replete with bad, even evil, laws.

Real conservatives never did throw out the 10th. Amendment, nor the fifth, which is also under siege.
The trouble is, real conservatives are an endangered species.

I'm not seeing the direct correlation between pot and breaking laws. You've stated a couple of times that people arrested test positive for pot, unless you can show a significant difference between criminals using it and other citizens using it there is simply no metric. I would much rather the police spend their time trying to solve murders such as those in Chicago than chasing pot smokers. I agree I think the war on drums is a self propagating war and rives a wedge between the people and law enforcement.
Yes, the war on drums has to stop!
drums_red_drum_kit_3d_model_announcements-r86c0734982674d909348ddf7d950329b_8dnd0_8byvr_324.jpg
Oh the humanity!

(I had to do it.)

I haven't lost any debate. On the cannibas lover's old and tired debate on comparing marijuana with alcohol. My response was that out of all the people that use alcohol only 15 % become intoxicated. Not everyone who drinks is looking to get drunk. The drug user on the other hand 100% of the time is looking for a high.

While the cannibas lover doesn't like focusing on the link between drug use and crime, I have shown multiple links to studies that proves there is such a link. But no matter proof I would present coming from experts in the field of drug rehabilitation, law enforcement and the medical field, of course your expertise will always be more valid. NO doubt you hold a degree in law enforcement, sociology, and a medical degree to invalidate their studies.

On the cannibas lover's old and tired debate on comparing addiction levels of legal drugs such as caffeine and nicotine being more addictive than marijuana, I never denied that only to state that marijuana is an addictive drug and that the stuff being produced today is testing much more potent than what grandpa may have smoked at Woodstock. Showing the increase in treatment centers popping up to help with the addiction of marijuana is evidence of that.

And today I would like to add another tid bit of information that many may not be aware (I know I wasn't) and that is while the cannibas lover likes to use the argument that smoking pot is much less harmful than smoking a cigarette......then why did California put a warning on medical marijuana?

Marijuana smoke is a carcinogen

http://normanswei.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/marijuanahid.pdf

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Well actually,....
Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - ABC News
As Anecdotal Reports of Anti-Cancer Effects from Cannabis 'Oil' Pile Up, Doctors Stress Need to Document Its Effects | Alternet
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute
20 Medical Studies That Prove Cannabis Can Cure Cancer | Collective-Evolution
Marijuana Linked To Lower Bladder Cancer Risk, Study Says
Marijuana Not Linked To Lung Cancer When Use Is Light Or Moderate, Unknown With Heavy Use
there are plenty of studies and reports showing absolutely NO trend of marijuana causing cancer, and quite a few that show an anti-cancer effect. When you're getting your information from a addictioninfo.org, a biased source which is dependent on the demonization of drugs for income, you're likely to be misinformed. Most experts are either taking an agnostic approach, or are flat endorsing marijuana as wonder-medicine. The medical opposition to marijuana on the grounds that it causes cancer is an exceptionally small minority. Oncology is a fast paced field of medicine, you should really find more current news than 2009, biased or not.

Then, there's my favorite diagram from The Lancet, easily the most widely acclaimed medical journal in the world. Both Tobacco and Alcohol were scored as much more harmful in total than Cannabis.
ranking-20-drugs-and-alcohol-by-overall-harm.jpg

As for addiction or dependency, the official number from NCBI is 9% of people who try Marijuana will form a dependency on it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797098/pdf/ascp-04-1-4.pdf

Caffeine has a dependency rate of 9-30% according to a John Hopkins study. Information about caffeine dependence

Marijuana, at worse, is only as bad as a cup of joe.

There are many experts that disagree with you and believe pot is addictive. Many who use it regularly don't even realize they are addicted. But even at that, have you noticed how many help centers are popping up all over the country to deal with marijuana addiction? If it wasn't addictive, why would there be a need for drug rehabilitation centers specializing in it?

I can say with a spectacular amount of experience in the realm of addiction that marijuana is no more addictive than video games, shopping, or fast food. If you get used to doing any of those things, you will be anxious and generally unsettled if you suddenly stop. Gambling, too, of course. I'm sure that people love to treat marijuana "addicts," because that would be a very easy way to steal somebody's money. When I went to rehab (although it was years ago), only one person I met there had checked in solely due to marijuana, and they did it (checked in) because they were growing plants and had kids, so felt they needed help to stop. That's all well and good for them, but just because one person needs help to quit doesn't mean marijuana is addictive. I'll tell you plenty about addictive drugs. I've been sober for years, which is quite a triumph, and I need all the help I can get. For quitting marijuana, that's a different story, I quit after almost a decade of constant every day use without any help whatsoever. Most people I know who used to smoke weed say the same thing. You want addictive? Try morphine, that's addictive. Or that stuff doctors prescribe kids when they can't focus. It's called adderall, or meth, or something like that. You'll get addicted to that stuff. In canada, you can buy codeine over the counter in a lot of areas. Now that stuff is addictive. I can give you the names of some legitimately addictive drugs you can legally buy on the internet if you'd like to rant about something more worthwhile than harmless old weed.

In a nutshell:
physically addictive = addictive. examples - heroin and any other opiate, crack/cocaine, any amphetamine, any benzodiazepine, and alcohol
mentally addictive = not addictive. examples - gambling, marijuana, shopping, the internet, kittens, love, pistachios, freedom, dancing, scissor kicks

Last edited:
The unions are upset because the war on drugs makes them a lot of money. It isn't about the welfare of the people, it is about the welfare of the union. Status quo.

I support this move. I don't smoke but I know rational good people who do. They should not be treated as criminals for something less dangerous and harmful than drinking.

Pigs - Superegos - "Holder, you didn't consult us first!"

That's funny! They actually get so caught up in being the true arbitrators of right and wrong in their own minds that they think that they matter.

Dang I'm enjoying reading this news. Cops sad too bad

Dang I'm enjoying reading this news. Cops sad too bad.

What great news. I'm reading all I can on this.

Our best people are gathering signatures for a referendum. They were out today.

I'm proud to know them.

I'll start selling copies of my Sacred Tokin Stone soon. You can even toke in the show with this puppy.

dbp0312.jpg

Back
Top Bottom