• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police group director: Obama caused a 'war on cops'

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The head of a law enforcement advocacy group lashed out at President Barack Obama in the wake of the Dallas shootings that left five police officers dead, accused the president of carrying out a "war on cops."
“I think [the Obama administration] continued appeasements at the federal level with the Department of Justice, their appeasement of violent criminals, their refusal to condemn movements like Black Lives Matter, actively calling for the death of police officers, that type of thing, all the while blaming police for the problems in this country has led directly to the climate that has made Dallas possible,” William Johnson, the executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, said in an interview with Fox on Friday morning.

Police group director: Obama caused a 'war on cops' - POLITICO

20160708_Police_Death.jpg

And 51 have been killed in the line of duty so far this year. Please show me on the graph where the war started.

source

The head of a law enforcement advocacy group lashed out at President Barack Obama in the wake of the Dallas shootings that left five police officers dead, accused the president of carrying out a "war on cops."
“I think [the Obama administration] continued appeasements at the federal level with the Department of Justice, their appeasement of violent criminals, their refusal to condemn movements like Black Lives Matter, actively calling for the death of police officers, that type of thing, all the while blaming police for the problems in this country has led directly to the climate that has made Dallas possible,” William Johnson, the executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, said in an interview with Fox on Friday morning.

Police group director: Obama caused a 'war on cops' - POLITICO

Obama didn't start a "war on cops", jesus tap dancing christ on a pogo stick. Does everything just have to be stupid, ridiculous hyperbole these days?

Clueless, anti-Obama bull**** from a clueless police representative.

View attachment 67203958

And 51 have been killed in the line of duty so far this year. Please show me on the graph where the war started.

source

Hmmm, let's add some figures to that:

There have been 15,725 assaults against law enforcement officers in 2014, resulting in 13,824 injuries.
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Law Enforcement Facts

According to the FBI there have been 590,507 law enforcement officers assaulted between 2000 and 2009. https://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2009/data/table_67.html

Looking only at officer deaths is disingenuous.

Police officers develop their views on how to deal with suspects/perpetrators from personal experiences garnered while serving on the job.

Yes, there is some racism, but IMO it is more often due to a perception of threat developed by practical experience.

I don't say this to excuse the improper use of excessive force, just pointing out it may not be just a "black and white" thing.

Obama didn't start a "war on cops", jesus tap dancing christ on a pogo stick. Does everything just have to be stupid, ridiculous hyperbole these days?

Obama opened his mouth the other night on TV, and I heard his words that "incited" more violence.
I posted that on Friday

Clueless, anti-Obama bull**** from a clueless police representative.

Nope accurate...not clueless....

obama athletic supporters, really get a workout on here.

According to the FBI there have been 590,507 law enforcement officers assaulted between 2000 and 2009. https://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2009/data/table_67.html

Police officers develop their views on how to deal with suspects/perpetrators from personal experiences garnered while serving on the job.

Yes, there is some racism, but IMO it is more often due to a perception of threat developed by practical experience.

I don't say this to excuse the improper use of excessive force, just pointing out it may not be just a "black and white" thing.

:bs

"Assaulting a police officer" may not mean what you think

by David Alpert • May 26, 2011

Recently, a horrifying video surfaced of Metro Transit Police slamming a man in a wheelchair to the ground where he began bleeding from the head. WMATA said the man fell out of his wheelchair while "resisting arrest" and was "arrested for assault on a police officer."

But do you really know what "assaulting a police officer" in DC means?

Quick quiz: Which of the following would be considered "assaulting a police officer"?

Punching a police officer in the face.
Standing behind a gate holding it closed while an officer tries to push it open.
Sitting in your car grabbing the steering wheel while an officer tries to drag you out of your car.
Standing at a Metro station with your hands in your pockets, refusing to take them out of your pockets when an officer commands you to.

If you guessed just #1, you are wrong.

According to the DC Court of Appeals, #1, #2, and #3 all qualify. The US Attorney has argued that #4 does too, but the Court of Appeals said no......

Read more here "Assaulting a police officer" may not mean what you think - Greater Greater Washington

Figures could be disingenuous.....

Edit;To be fair, one could be any race and still be arrested for "assault"....

:doh

Last edited:

[/SIZE][/B]

Edit;To be fair, one could be any race and still be arrested for "assasult"....

:doh

In addition, CA's stats show that assaults on officers have been going down, which is kind of odd seeing as how a "war" has begun

Sure, but the topic is if Obama caused a war on cops. Even if we include assaults is there any evidence the numbers have spiked under Obama?

That's why I provided the link. More details?

Of the officers assaulted, 26.2 percent sustained injuries.
https://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2009/officersassaulted.html

That would be 159.400 officers who sustained injuries over that ten year period. That's about 16,000 per year. Fairly close to the 14,000 reported in the other link for 2014.

It's not B.S.

Similar to the alleged "racism" issue, just because some police officers who are in the wrong file false reports of assault and resisting does not detract from the FBI facts.

Trying to deny injury and death statistics, unless they fall in line with your viewpoint is what is really disingenuous.

Sure, but the topic is if Obama caused a war on cops. Even if we include assaults is there any evidence the numbers have spiked under Obama?

My bad. I must be out of it today.

I saw the chart and misunderstood the purpose. I think I'll take a nap now...that might help. ;)

Back
Top Bottom