• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police for me, not for thee

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Police for me, not for thee | washingtontimes.com

Minneapolis City Council members who pressed hard to defund police have now turned around and voted themselves a private security detail that costs taxpayers roughly $4,500 a day. They’ve spent $63,000 so far, Fox News reported.
This is hypocrisy at its worst; elitism and arrogance at its root; a bit of dereliction of duty thrown in, to boot.
It’s a real police for me, not for thee attitude on the part of those who were elected, in part, to secure and protect the rights of those who did the electing.

The elected Democrat Party leadership has voted to give themselves armed protection from their own voters.

Meanwhile, the same group has voted to defund and disband police for their citizens. :shock: You can't even make this up. The implosion of Democratic Party run urban cities is a complete disaster. There is simply NO SUCCESS to point to. None.

The elected Democrat Party leadership has voted to give themselves armed protection from their own voters.

Meanwhile, the same group has voted to defund and disband police for their citizens. :shock: You can't even make this up. The implosion of Democratic Party run urban cities is a complete disaster. There is simply NO SUCCESS to point to. None.

Unfortunately, the voters are the one's that voted these morons in office, and they will continue to do so, for who knows what ideologically screwed up reason.

The city council receiving death threats is a perfectly good reason to assign them private security. What that has to do with police reform, I really have no idea.

Liberalism, a mental disease.

The city council receiving death threats is a perfectly good reason to assign them private security. What that has to do with police reform, I really have no idea.

I wonder what the reason could be as to why they are receiving death threats.

The police would have been the ones to protect them... that is what.

I think the true story is that Minneapolis is going to defund the current police force and use the funds to create a public safety department. Probably a great idea, but it will be a reason for all kinds of demonstrations and mischaracterizations. The current police force will never be able to operate with respect and cooperation in Minneapolis.

If all their homes burned down during the next city council meeting, they would probably have a come to Jesus moment.

Unfortunately, the voters are the one's that voted these morons in office, and they will continue to do so, for who knows what ideologically screwed up reason.
And they want it to go national,

Oh, it’s not “reform”, in Minneapolis they’ve voted to end their police department to be replaced with social workers and therapy chickens and violent crime is up 400% (I think it is). So the city officials are using taxpayer money to protect themselves but not their citizens. That was the point of the OP.

Oh, it’s not “reform”, in Minneapolis they’ve voted to end their police department to be replaced with social workers and therapy chickens and violent crime is up 400% (I think it is). So the city officials are using taxpayer money to protect themselves but not their citizens. That was the point of the OP.

I suspect there are a number of exaggerations and twisting of fact here (for example, he pointed to death threats against specific persons as a reason for security, while you made a claim about overall violent crime), but either way, MN will learn any lesson to be learned and adjust accordingly.

Things need to change. A lot.

Replacing the police department with public safety is reform, whether you want to call it that or not. As for the rest, the idea that Minneapolis police "protect" their citizens is laughable.

Did you read Michael Savage's book on that?

No, I haven't.

He really should change his title though, imo, to Leftism is a mental disease.
Today's leftists are far from being liberals. They're authoritarians.

I suspect there are a number of exaggerations and twisting of fact here (for example, he pointed to death threats against specific persons as a reason for security, while you made a claim about overall violent crime), but either way, MN will learn any lesson to be learned and adjust accordingly.

Things need to change. A lot.

It’s funny, I remember when liberals had issues with private prisons but, apparently, private security in place of police is fine.

exactly the type of snubnosed plutocracy that awaits us with a dem win this november. heed the warning signs people.

at taxpayers expense? when they HAVE a police force? give me a break

De-fund the police but give us protection? Just stunning...
More business and people will be leaving the area.

No, I haven't.

He really should change his title though, imo, to Leftism is a mental disease.
Today's leftists are far from being liberals. They're authoritarians.

Again you are completely correct.

then again, if they don;t have police who will force people to pay taxes when crime is rampant and they feel they are not receiving what they paid for?

Back
Top Bottom