• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police for me, not for thee

Oh, it’s not “reform”, in Minneapolis they’ve voted to end their police department to be replaced with social workers and therapy chickens and violent crime is up 400% (I think it is). So the city officials are using taxpayer money to protect themselves but not their citizens. That was the point of the OP.

I suspect there are a number of exaggerations and twisting of fact here (for example, he pointed to death threats against specific persons as a reason for security, while you made a claim about overall violent crime), but either way, MN will learn any lesson to be learned and adjust accordingly.

Things need to change. A lot.

It’s funny, I remember when liberals had issues with private prisons but, apparently, private security in place of police is fine.

See if you can find a post where I said I think we should abolish the police.

You won't, but take the time to see. You don't have a ****ing clue what I think. All you ever do is respond to lean.

Private prisons are an abomination, and I've never said anything about wanting to privatize the police. Nor have I said anything about abolishing them. The most you'll find is me criticizing slogans like "defund the police", because the people using them typically end up explaining that they don't really mean that....but some other thing, like police reforms, which I do want.

Replacing the police department with public safety is reform, whether you want to call it that or not. As for the rest, the idea that Minneapolis police "protect" their citizens is laughable.

What did you really expect from Democrats.

Over and over we tell you all, stop electing Democrats.

You won't, but take the time to see. You don't have a ****ing clue what I think. All you ever do is respond to lean.

are you opposing those calling for abolishing the police? after all, "silence is agreement"... where DID i learn that?

Police for me, not for thee | washingtontimes.com

The elected Democrat Party leadership has voted to give themselves armed protection from their own voters.

Meanwhile, the same group has voted to defund and disband police for their citizens. :shock: You can't even make this up. The implosion of Democratic Party run urban cities is a complete disaster. There is simply NO SUCCESS to point to. None.

My guess right now there's a lot of people whose blood is boiling over all of this. I would not be surprised if Minnesota turns red in the very near future.

The elected Democrat Party leadership has voted to give themselves armed protection from their own voters.

Meanwhile, the same group has voted to defund and disband police for their citizens. :shock: You can't even make this up. The implosion of Democratic Party run urban cities is a complete disaster. There is simply NO SUCCESS to point to. None.

Not only do the citizens not get police in these Democrat-run sholes, but if they defend their own private property because the police are not going to show up, under threat of being murdered, the regressive marxists will try to prosecute THEM for protecting their property and their lives.

You can't make it up, but you can expect it. Soros' investments in destroying America is coming to fruition.
It is here.
Arm yourself.

Unfortunately, the voters are the one's that voted these morons in office, and they will continue to do so, for who knows what ideologically screwed up reason.

They sure will, and if you are sane, conservative and do not hate America, you'd better move and move now.

Private prisons are an abomination, and I've never said anything about wanting to privatize the police. Nor have I said anything about abolishing them. The most you'll find is me criticizing slogans like "defund the police", because the people using them typically end up explaining that they don't really mean that....but some other thing, like police reforms, which I do want.

are you opposing those calling for abolishing the police?

If you cannot understand what I said in the post you responded to, then there's simply no way I can possibly help you understand. I could say it ten different wants, but you wouldn't get it.

But this isn't a failure to understand, is it?

This is dishonest game-playing by you, isn't it?

after all, "silence is agreement"... where DID i learn that?

You learned that from Fox and other right wingers who play painfully stupid and dishonest games by first acting like all people they say are on the left are responsible for each others' actions and words, while not taking responsibility yourself for anything anyone else on the right does, and then acting like if they can find one single crime that every single person on the left has not condemned, it means that the left approves....

...unless the entirety of the left rushes to your Lordship's demand to condemn, and makes a big Kow-Towing show of condemning whatever the abused subject is. That's where you learned it.

No wonder you liked X's dishonest game-playing.

Last edited:
Defund the police does not mean what you think it means. There's things in this reality call "nuances"

If you can parse English, it means exactly that. If it doesn't mean that, get a slogan or motto which represents the cause more accurately. Until then, I'll believe my eyes and what they are seeing every single day.

Except that you had a thrill up your leg for that ex cop that called all other cops bastards and you really wanted people to pay attention to his “solution” which was 100% abolition of the police.

It’s funny, I remember when liberals had issues with private prisons but, apparently, private security in place of police is fine.

Except that you had a thrill up your leg for that ex cop that called all other cops bastards and you really wanted people to pay attention to his “solution” which was 100% abolition of the police.

Where is the post I made saying that?

Is the point trolling me by being worse compared to the fake me you pretend to respond to? Or just the lazy troll-by-lying? (I hope it's trolling. If you legit think this is you pwning the libturds, whooooo boy.....)

Or does this craven behavior make sense to you? Would you like to defend it by claiming without citation that some other alleged liberal said a thing I am apparently responsible for?

Maybe Michael Moore said some dumb crap?

Last edited:

I hope that Minneapolis has lots of insurance money/ good policies as I believe that they will be sued in record numbers within the next few years.

Not much doubt about that one, unfortunately.

My guess right now there's a lot of people whose blood is boiling over all of this. I would not be surprised if Minnesota turns red in the very near future.

Minnesota will turn red because Minneapolis is reforming it's police department and because they hired bodyguards? That's some optimism, I'll give you that, but it makes no sense. No. Not gonna happen. The vast majority of Americans (2 to 1, I believe) support BLM. Read some news.

There's a problem with this "story"...police don't detail citizens to protect them. That is what private security does. Now, if you think the police are your private security...well, you got duped.

I wonder what the reason could be as to why they are receiving death threats.

They have ZERO proof of any death threats. This is Marie Antoinette telling the little people to eat cake, except "cake" is not what they mean.

The city council receiving death threats is a perfectly good reason to assign them private security. What that has to do with police reform, I really have no idea.

The thread isn't about police reform. It's about the city government denying police protection to the city's citizens, while at the same time using taxpayer dollars to hire a private security firm for their own protection. It's basically a great big "**** you!" to their constituents that they swore and oath to protect.

Private security make better bodyguards than cops.

They can pay for them out of their own pockets, if they don't trust the cops. Oh, wait...they're abolishing the police...lol

Liberalism, a mental disease.

Liberalism brought you all the things you love about America. Conservatives resisted all the rights and freedoms liberals fought for all down the line.
You're welcome. But show a little gratitude.

They have ZERO proof of any death threats. This is Marie Antoinette telling the little people to eat cake, except "cake" is not what they mean.

Yeah, well, that quote is exactly as accurate as Sarah Palin seeing Russia from her house. But they both float in the place you're swimming.

Liberalism brought you all the things you love about America. Conservatives resisted all the rights and freedoms liberals fought for all down the line.
You're welcome. But show a little gratitude.

I was a liberal when liberalism meant something in this country. Liberals didn't try to cancel others out for their beliefs, ideas, thoughts.

Save your silly lecture for some other willing nitwit.

I was a liberal when liberalism meant something in this country. Liberals didn't try to cancel others for their beliefs.

What, you've become unwilling?

You can't make it up, but you can expect it. Soros' investments in destroying America is coming to fruition.
It is here.
Arm yourself.

Soros is an incompetent boob. I mean, how long has this dumdum been trying to destroy America? You think this time is fer real?

I was a liberal when liberalism meant something in this country. Liberals didn't try to cancel others out for their beliefs, ideas, thoughts.

When did cancel culture act on someone for their beliefs? It's usually because of remarks or behavior. And it's a social media epidemic, not a political position.

If you cannot understand what I said in the post you responded to, then there's simply no way I can possibly help you understand. I could say it ten different wants, but you wouldn't get it.

But this isn't a failure to understand, is it?

This is dishonest game-playing by you, isn't it?

You learned that from Fox and other right wingers who play painfully stupid and dishonest games by first acting like all people they say are on the left are responsible for each others' actions and words, while not taking responsibility yourself for anything anyone else on the right does, and then acting like if they can find one single crime that every single person on the left has not condemned, it means that the left approves....

...unless the entirety of the left rushes to your Lordship's demand to condemn, and makes a big Kow-Towing show of condemning whatever the abused subject is. That's where you learned it.

No wonder you liked X's dishonest game-playing.

what in the hell am I being dishonest about?

Back
Top Bottom