• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Police Charged After Violent Arrest Taped

Ima Troll said:
no apologies necessary; i forgive you

good thing that they had a democratic boss; that must be why they got indicted

you can pretty much tell by the level of violence which they displayed; they probably voted for bush

its in the way that they hit the elderly guy

nope; conservatives are generally more violent than liberals are

conservatives have a higher tendency towards violence than liberals do

violence is pretty frequent among conservatives throughout nearly the entire strain of their political policies

youre free to follow all courses, if youd like; actually, its your choice

Cuz liberals are a bunch of tree huggin' hippies! So if China would invade the US you would just stand by and welcome your new Chinese masters? Frickin' coward. Conservatives would rather defend themselves by any means neccessary; liberals would rather bend over and take it.

Donkey1499 said:
Cuz liberals are a bunch of tree huggin' hippies! So if China would invade the US you would just stand by and welcome your new Chinese masters? Frickin' coward. Conservatives would rather defend themselves by any means neccessary; liberals would rather bend over and take it.
And morons would rather stereotype than understand opposing points of view. To think all liberals would bend over and let another country invade America, just because they don't believe in pre-emptive strikes, is freaking ludicrous at best. How are things in your imaginary black-and-white world, anyway?

On topic - the guy was 64 years old, drunk, and outnumbered 4 to 1. The dumbass shouldn't have resisted arrest, but there was NO good reason whatsoever to punch him like that.

"Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence." - Jewish Proverb

What an ironic quote to have in your sig after what you just posted. :roll:

Binary_Digit said:
And morons would rather stereotype than understand opposing points of view. To think all liberals would bend over and let another country invade America, just because they don't believe in pre-emptive strikes, is freaking ludicrous at best. How are things in your imaginary black-and-white world, anyway?

On topic - the guy was 64 years old, drunk, and outnumbered 4 to 1. The dumbass shouldn't have resisted arrest, but there was NO good reason whatsoever to punch him like that.

How are things in my black and white world? FUN! But I should've worded my post better. "Most liberals would like to stand by and let their new masters take over." John Kerry wouldn't stand by and neither would Bill Clinton or Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson, or even Wesley Clark. But Dick Durbin probably would, since he compares US troops to Nazi soldiers. Being that Durbin is PROBABLY a commie, I don't THINK that he would have a problem living under a Chinese regime.

And Binary_Digit, I'm not trying to sound prejudice against liberals, or at least I don't HATE them. I'm just disappointed at there lack of wisdom and logic. Ain't liberals supposedly more intelligent than conservatives? Or at least that's what I hear from other forums.

Donkey1499 said:
It was wrong fer them to beat up an old man.
Are we watching the same tape? The guy didn't look too "old" and I wouldn't call it a "beating" either. Maybe getting roughed up during an apprehension, but nothing like Rodney King.

As a former democrat I left the party when Dick Durbin said that US troops are nazi's. Liberals don't like the police because they enforce the laws and libs don't like laws.

Canuck said:
the nazis have control
americans can be rounded up and arrested without probable cause,for any reason
and bush likes to use torture,hes saving that for the last freedom fighters left in america
gitmo usa will be filled
NO police looters,criminals and worse
NO = neocon nazi organizational nightmare

who said "The day you give up one freedom ,is the day we are no longer a free nation"?
not the neocon nazis

That is all just absolutely ludicrous. Nazi’s were a people who murdered 6 million Jews. Their ideology ranks as one of the most evil ideologies in the history of civilization.

Neo-conservatism is a political ideology. I may not agree with many neo-conservative ideals, but it is disgusting to compare neo-conservatives to Nazis. I may not agree with President Bush on a lot of issues but it is disgusting to claim that he likes to torture people. Just because someone has a different world view than you does not mean that they are evil.

Donkey1499 said:
Cuz liberals are a bunch of tree huggin' hippies!
trees are very important to the environment; trees produce clean air for us to breathe

So if China would invade the US you would just stand by and welcome your new Chinese masters?
paranoia here on your part; im not aware that a chinese invasion of the US is scheduled; maybe you just dont like chinese

Frickin' coward.
you can swear; go ahead; the forum censors will block it; how can i trust you to defend your country from chinese invasion, when you are too cowardly to fully express yourself in a forum, despite the presence of protectorate forum censors?

Conservatives would rather defend themselves by any means neccessary;
youre confusing defense with offense; it would be more accurate to say that conservatives would rather offend others by any means necessary

liberals would rather bend over and take it.
actually, the liberal in the clip resisted the assaults of the conservative police officers; these were conservative police officers who were expecting the liberal elderly man to take it from them; perhaps they werent getting enough sex, i dont know, but they shouldnt expect a liberal elderly man to bend over and take it as they did in the news clip; watch the video again, and notice the unleashing of conservative tensions; this is ultimately very sexual in nature, because it is inspired by conservative masculine expression

Ima Troll said:
actually, the liberal in the clip resisted the assaults of the conservative police officers; these were conservative police officers who were expecting the liberal elderly man to take it from them; perhaps they werent getting enough sex, i dont know, but they shouldnt expect a liberal elderly man to bend over and take it as they did in the news clip; watch the video again, and notice the unleashing of conservative tensions; this is ultimately very sexual in nature, because it is inspired by conservative masculine expression
Say what? First, there was absolely nothing sexual in that video at all. I haven't a clue where that came from. Second, those "conservative police officers" had every right to expect the man to cooperate. You don't fight the police when you're being arrested, even if you think you did nothing wrong. Conservative tensions...you think it's conservative when police use force to arrest a suspect who is resisting? I guess they should have said please instead.

Ima Troll said:
trees are very important to the environment; trees produce clean air for us to breathe

paranoia here on your part; im not aware that a chinese invasion of the US is scheduled; maybe you just dont like chinese

you can swear; go ahead; the forum censors will block it; how can i trust you to defend your country from chinese invasion, when you are too cowardly to fully express yourself in a forum, despite the presence of protectorate forum censors?

youre confusing defense with offense; it would be more accurate to say that conservatives would rather offend others by any means necessary

Let's see, where should I start? Ah, yes:

1.) I was being sarcastic about Hippies being tree huggers. I know how important trees are. But I can tell that you don't know what sarcasm is. I guess that now because of simpletons like you I need to put my mood/tone in litle brackets so that you can better understand the conversation.

2.) I'm not paranoid nor am I racist. I was merely using China as an EXAMPLE; if you even know what an example is. Or is using China as an example against the rules on debatepolitics.com?

3.) And no, I will not swear. It just shows that I choose to have more class than you. And I don't feel like getting kicked off because of a foul mouth. Nor did I say that you had to trust ME to protect America. I wouldn't want that responsibility.

4.) Ok, but in some cases offense is the best defense. Better to foil an oncoming attack before the innocents have to take the full brunt of the attack. I think there's another old saying, "An ounce of prevention is better than an ounce of cure...", or something like that. And Democrats offend just as many people, so stop the biasness.

5.) And I never called that elderly man a 'Liberal'. Once again you show yourself as a simpleton for taking what I write out of context. Now open your mind and finally figure out that I use alot of examples, sarcasm, and analogies to formulate my discussions. So I hope you're done ranting.

Source: Reuters

And the most prolific shoplifters are..

LONDON (Reuters) - Britons are the most prolific shoplifters in Europe, a survey published Wednesday showed.

They stole 3.58 billion pounds of goods from their nation's shops last year, the equivalent of 1.59 percent of British retail turnover.

Razor blades were the most stolen item followed by alcohol and toiletries, according to the British-based Center for Retail Research.

Finland had the second worst shoplifting problem followed by Portugal and Greece while the Swiss were the most disciplined shoppers, the survey showed. Theft accounted for 0.89 percent of Swiss retail turnover.

In all, Europeans stole 30.8 billion euros worth of goods from their stores last year -- 71.5 euros per person.

Customers were blamed for 48 percent of the thefts, staff for 29 percent and suppliers for 7 percent.

The survey covered 423 retailers in 24 countries, accounting for 20 percent of European retail turnover.

***Just posting this, even tho it means nothing [not being sarcastic].***

Binary_Digit said:
Say what? First, there was absolely nothing sexual in that video at all.
this is not entirely true; both liberals and conservatives are sexual beings, whether they be overly abusive conservative police officers, or victimized elderly men; generally speaking, conservatives tend to suffer from sexual repressions moreso than liberals due, insofar as liberals are freer in their sexual expression than conservatives

often when conservatives express their inherent violence, it merely becomes disproportionately amplified by the sexual tensions deep within them; in other words, sexual energies which are not freely expressed in a safe sexual atmosphere will eventually manifest in the form of excessive violent expression elsewhere, when even a remote opportunity may arise

I haven't a clue where that came from.
perhaps you are still operating on a subconscious level sexually

Second, those "conservative police officers" had every right to expect the man to cooperate.
yes, but the excessive use of force, in the context of immoral police brutality (as evidenced by their prosecutions), had simply inspired resistance in the liberal elderly man

You don't fight the police when you're being arrested, even if you think you did nothing wrong.
this is untrue; if police brutality is being used, it can be legally resisted, so as to avoid permanent bodily injury; and it was, in fact, ascertained that police brutality took place; these conservative police officers even attempted to interfere with the filming of their illegal actions

Conservative tensions...you think it's conservative when police use force to arrest a suspect who is resisting?
what is inherently conservative is sexual tension caused by conservative sexual repression, which subsequently manifests itself in the excessive use of violence in law enforcement

I guess they should have said please instead.
illegal police brutality is unnecessary when subduing an unarmed elderly man

Here's another list. Even though I don't know who the source is except that it came to me in an E-Mail from a friend. So I don't find this credible yet, but you can still read and think about it.

The Smartest States...
1.)Massachusetts
2.)Connecticut
3.)Vermont
4.)New Jersey
5.)Wisconsin
6.)New York
7.)Minnesota
8.)Iowa
9.)Pennsylvania
10.)Montana

11.)Maine
12.)Virginia
13.)Nebraska
14.)New Hampshire
15.)Kansas
16.)Wyoming
17.)Indiana
18.)Maryland
19.)North Dakota
20.)Ohio

21.)Colorado
22.)South Dakota
23.)Rhode Island
24.)Illinois
25.)North Carolina
26.)Missouri
27.)Delaware
28.)Utah
29.)Idaho
30.)Washington

31.)Michigan
32.)South Carolina
33.)Texas and West Virginia (tie)
35.)Oregon
36.)Arkansas
37.)Kentucky
38.)Georgia
39.)Florida
40.)Oklahoma

41.)Tennessee
42.)Hawaii
43.)California
44.)Alabama
45.)Alaska
46.)Louisiana
47.)Mississippi
48.)Arizona
49.)Nevada
50.)New Mexico

Ima Troll said:
this is not entirely true; both liberals and conservatives are sexual beings, whether they be overly abusive conservative police officers, or victimized elderly men; generally speaking, conservatives tend to suffer from sexual repressions moreso than liberals due, insofar as liberals are freer in their sexual expression than conservatives

often when conservatives express their inherent violence, it merely becomes disproportionately amplified by the sexual tensions deep within them; in other words, sexual energies which are not freely expressed in a safe sexual atmosphere will eventually manifest in the form of excessive violent expression elsewhere, when even a remote opportunity may arise

yes, but the excessive use of force, in the context of immoral police brutality (as evidenced by their prosecutions), had simply inspired resistance in the liberal elderly man

this is untrue; if police brutality is being used, it can be legally resisted, so as to avoid permanent bodily injury; and it was, in fact, ascertained that police brutality took place; these conservative police officers even attempted to interfere with the filming of their illegal actions

what is inherently conservative is sexual tension caused by conservative sexual repression, which subsequently manifests itself in the excessive use of violence in law enforcement

I fail to see the connection here. How can you tell that those cops are Conservative? Do you have "Conservodar?" [Sarcasm]

Show some fact that they are conservative before you start blabbing!

You have got to be one of the most bias individuals on here. Your hatred for Conservatives blinds your judgement.

Ace said:
As a former democrat I left the party when Dick Durbin said that US troops are nazi's. Liberals don't like the police because they enforce the laws and libs don't like laws.

For a former Democrat, you certainly are ignorant as to what being liberal entails. I'm a liberal. I like laws. Hear that sound? It's the sound of your argument blowing away.

Ima Troll said:

Interesting theory, but are there any expert psychologists who agree? Any who disagree? I'm skeptical.

Ima Troll said:
Lol nope, I get laid all the time. But thanks for asking!

Ima Troll said:
Hmm, that's backwards from how I interpreted it. I saw the video early this morning before I saw this post. Quite a bit has been edited out and it now has a male narrator instead of female. I understood that the man resisted arrest, and that's what prompted the police to use force. Albeit excessive.

Donkey1499 said:
Let's see, where should I start? Ah, yes:
sequentially please

1.) I was being sarcastic about Hippies being tree huggers.
so you believe that liberals are hippies? you had originally referenced liberals, not hippies; actually, many conservatives are hippies, although they will dress more conservatively; you may reference rush limbaugh's drug problem that he had confessed to a while back, as a prime example of conservative drug abuse; and this in an absence of ecological respect for trees

I know how important trees are. But I can tell that you don't know what sarcasm is.
sarcasm is actually what i had offered you, but you had failed to recognize it; youre a bit too overly serious, that you would get angry over a reference about trees

I guess that now because of simpletons like you I need to put my mood/tone in litle brackets so that you can better understand the conversation.
it would enhance your clarity, yes; but this is more a lapse on your part as you suggest, versus the person attempting to interpret the concepts that you are expressing

2.) I'm not paranoid nor am I racist.
if you are not paranoid, then why do you proceed to defend yourself concerning your racism?

I was merely using China as an EXAMPLE;
and an unrealistic one at that

if you even know what an example is. Or is using China as an example against the rules on debatepolitics.com?
its fully within the rules; no one is debating that here but you; it was just an unrealistic example

3.) And no, I will not swear.
no, you psuedo-swear, lolol; thats pretend swearing

It just shows that I choose to have more class than you.
actually, i neither swear, nor do i psuedo-swear as you do; which shows that i am the one with superior class here in this regard

And I don't feel like getting kicked off because of a foul mouth.
how about a foul attitude?

Nor did I say that you had to trust ME to protect America.
not from the chinese at least

I wouldn't want that responsibility.
and i wouldnt give it to you

4.) Ok, but in some cases offense is the best defense.
as with illegal police brutality?

Better to foil an oncoming attack before the innocents have to take the full brunt of the attack. I think there's another old saying, "An ounce of prevention is better than an ounce of cure...", or something like that.
but china is not attacking us, so theres nothing to prevent

And Democrats offend just as many people, so stop the biasness.
this is merely because conservatives are easily offended, on the basis of a fragility of ego

5.) And I never called that elderly man a 'Liberal'.
no, i did; the liberal elderly man was resisting abusive conservative police officers

Once again you show yourself as a simpleton for taking what I write out of context.
actually, your simple-mindedness is manifest in your projections on the text; i had never referenced that you had called the victimized elderly man a 'liberal'

Now open your mind and finally figure out that I use alot of examples, sarcasm, and analogies to formulate my discussions.
i just hope that you can make them more effective

So I hope you're done ranting.
actually, your entire post here was merely a rant; i hope this wasnt an attempt at debate or something on your part

Ima Troll said:
actually, your entire post here was merely a rant; i hope this wasnt an attempt at debate or something on your part
Hi Pot, meet Kettle! :shock:

Donkey1499 said:
I fail to see the connection here.
careful observation may alleviate this lapse on your part

How can you tell that those cops are Conservative?
due to the excessive violence that they had used; liberal police officers are not so prone to violently abuse unarmed elderly men

Do you have "Conservodar?" [Sarcasm]
is this an attempt at sarcasm? or are you just making up words; please define 'conservodar'

Show some fact that they are conservative before you start blabbing!
you can tell by the way that they hit in the video; excessively violent

You have got to be one of the most bias individuals on here.
but youre the one attacking me, just like those violent police officers; shame on you and your ego

Your hatred for Conservatives blinds your judgement.
you seem pretty judgmental yourself; "thou shalt not judge"; judgment is bad

Binary_Digit said:
Interesting theory, but are there any expert psychologists who agree? Any who disagree? I'm skeptical.
i believe that its a pretty common theme throughout psychology; Freud beleived that we are all sexual beings; do you not believe that we are sexual beings? male testosterone is very closely tied to both aggression and sexuality, for example

Lol nope, I get laid all the time. But thanks for asking!
thats a very good thing; such is likely why you are not expressing conservative violence

Hmm, that's backwards from how I interpreted it. I saw the video early this morning before I saw this post. Quite a bit has been edited out and it now has a male narrator instead of female. I understood that the man resisted arrest, and that's what prompted the police to use force. Albeit excessive.
i suggest that the subsequent court prosecution offers a better interpretation of the video than either you or i could ever muster; the government prosecutors have already interpreted the video, so we dont need to; police brutality was ascertained

To be frank with you, I sympathize with the police myself. Of course, the origins of the police in the Northeast was to put down strikers and the origins of the police in the South came from controlling slaves. However, their is still a need for police to enforce laws. When you are a cop, you are always in the public eye. You are expected to set the highest standard and example since being a cop means being a public official. The problem comes, is that police also have a dangerous job where sometimes you must technically break the law in order to survive while enforcing the law. This can happen when the police might use a bit excessive force in order to deal with a percieved threat but then they are caught on video tape. I have watched a video tape where a police man, who had his videotape rolling during a traffic stop, so feared of technically breaking the law while being caught on his own videotape, that he didn't take the appropriate action to protect himself and ended up being shot dead by the suspect. So, let's say you are a cop, will you techically break the law, while enforcing the law, so that you have a chance to survive and run the risk of being caught on videotape and being sent to prison? Or do you follow the letter of the law at all times and run a greater risk being killed for doing so? What would you do in that situation?

I mean I can just see it right now, that if the cop that I watched in the videotape who was shot dead by a suspect, decided to take decisive action and wax the suspect before he had a chance to shoot, their would be newspaper headlines "Crooked Cop Shoots Innocent Victim Execution Style" and then their would be a trial and the public would want a conviction and of course, because the system is crooked and corrupt, the system will give the public the conviction they want to appease political pressure.

China is an unrealistic example? How? It was just an example, I could of even used Turkey as an example; or Cuba, North Korea, Czech Republic, etc.

And how you compare conservatives to be more violent is complete lunacy! You just don't like Conservatives so thus you concoct ways to make them out to be barbaric. Political leanings do not hinder your ability to strike someone. If someone tried to attack you, would you not try to defend yourself? All animals have the "fight or flight" instinct. Or did you not study that one in school? So, once again, one's political agenda has NOTHING to do with how hard they beat someone.

Yes, the cops did beat that man brutally, but to say that they hit so hard because they are conservatives is completely false! Do you have their voting records? Probably not. They should go to jail for police brutality and that man should also go to jail for resisting arrest. It's the only fair way of handling this case.

Their is always the third option if you are a cop. You and your other co-workers can do what you need to do to survive, which requires technically breaking the law to some degree, then band together and lie for each other or remain silent. Thus the police "Blue Wall of Silence." A wall that is created by society in police ranks. An unwritten code of survival. A code which some truly crooked cops take advantage of to use as a shield to prevent being held accountable. While others use it to simply survive on the job.

Back
Top Bottom