• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens - just because[W:189:219]

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Cops: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A random act of violence has left a promising 22-year-old college baseball player dead, a family devastated and two countries half a world apart rattled.
Christopher Lane, who's from Australia, was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. The motive, police say? Three teens who had nothing better to do.
"They witnessed a young man run by on the street. Chose him as the target," Police Chief Danny Ford told CNN affiliate KSWO.
When police eventually arrested the three teens -- ages 15, 16 and 17 -- one of them offered up a motive that made clear that Lane, who attended East Central University on a baseball scholarship, was chosen at random.
"He said the motive was, 'We were going to kill somebody,'" Ford told Australian radio station 3AW.

The national ongoing coverage this gets will greatly depend on what race the shooters are.

We'll see if Al and Jesse decide to show up and march.

Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

Cops: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens - CNN.com

The national ongoing coverage this gets will greatly depend on what race the shooters are.

If Obama had 3 sons.....

the really sad part about this (other than another senseless murder) is that some people are using this as an excuse to cry for more gun control. we don't need more gun control. what we need is more thug control.

If Obama had 3 sons.....

the really sad part about this (other than another senseless murder) is that some people are using this as an excuse to cry for more gun control. we don't need more gun control. what we need is more thug control.

Okay well, while you try to figure out how to deal with that . . . I'll just get more and more tired of hearing people even bring 'control' up.

Thug control - gun control - whatever . . . . isn't it just obvious we have a serious, huge, problem in our society where kids just go around randomly killing people just because they thought it was fun? That's not even thug behavior, that's just - I don't know - there's something inhuman about that.

Okay well, while you try to figure out how to deal with that . . . I'll just get more and more tired of hearing people even bring 'control' up.

Thug control - gun control - whatever . . . . isn't it just obvious we have a serious, huge, problem in our society where kids just go around randomly killing people just because they thought it was fun? That's not even thug behavior, that's just - I don't know - there's something inhuman about that.

not really that unexpected when half the kids are born out of wedlock (nearly 3/4 for some demographics) and grow up in a home without a father around. when your male role models are unemployed street punks, drug dealers and the random guys who drop by to **** your mother....what can you expect?

Show up and march over what subject exactly? Seems the killers were arrested and confessed so I don't see the issue. Am I missing something?

if it was a Black kid going out for a jog and it was three White kids involved in the shooting it would be a issue. that is what you are missing
It would be labeled as a hate crime no matter what the reason the kids gave for the shooting
There would be claims the Black kid was profiled and was attacked by racist Whites for the only reason because he was black
But because this is an everyday run of the mill black on white violence it probably wont make it past the local news or online article

if it was a Black kid going out for a jog and it was three White kids involved in the shooting it would be a issue. that is what you are missing
It would be labeled as a hate crime no matter what the reason the kids gave for the shooting
There would be claims the Black kid was profiled and was attacked by racist whites for the only reason because he was black
But because this is an everyday run of the mill black on white violence it probably wont make it past the local news

But that is NOT what happened.

And what did happen we know about BECAUSE it was in the news.

Reality is a bitch.

Show up and march over what subject exactly? Seems the killers were arrested and confessed so I don't see the issue. Am I missing something?

See, that's part of the problem......"they were caught and are paying the price..". That's all well and good but how about some damned consequences BEFORE things get to this point? These kids are being brought up in an environment where there are no expectations of them, no consequences for anything as long as they don't get caught and if they do get caught the consequences are mitigated because of their age, race, sexual preference, Facebook status...whatever.

We got spoon fed this crap during the Trayvon thing where "he's just a kid" was played over and over and over. Hell, even that Jeantel chick was all "he was just being a kid". Well, we have to start treating our kids like potential adults!!! What do we expect...that some kid who has never been held accountable for anything his entire life is just going to turn around at 18 and say "Well, today's the day"?

More empty Con prattle-

Duncan OK is about 50 miles east of here. The senseless murder has been all over 'lamestream' national and international media. 'Good Morning America' is not a Fox Noise clone and they had extensive coverage of the murder, the victim's family in Australia, the victim GF's family, his baseball team in both countries and the Sheriff giving his opinion on parenting.

Duncan OK currently has a small army of news oulets swamping it.

This is soooo not like the Zimmerman case but i know Cons will bend over backwards to use it for mindless rants.

Pretty sad and very disgusting, even for partisans...:doh

See, that's part of the problem......"they were caught and are paying the price..". That's all well and good but how about some damned consequences BEFORE things get to this point? These kids are being brought up in an environment where there are no expectations of them, no consequences for anything as long as they don't get caught and if they do get caught the consequences are mitigated because of their age, race, sexual preference, Facebook status...whatever.

We got spoon fed this crap during the Trayvon thing where "he's just a kid" was played over and over and over. Hell, even that Jeantel chick was all "he was just being a kid". Well, we have to start treating our kids like potential adults!!! What do we expect...that some kid who has never been held accountable for anything his entire life is just going to turn around at 18 and say "Well, today's the day"?

when a kid calls his grandmama "mommy" and his mother "Pam"....he's going to jail. What is the one thing that most of these kids have in common? no father in their lives. call me old fashioned, sexist, whatever...but how in the hell can you expect a boy to grow into a responsible man when there is never a responsible man in his life to give guidance and example?

The sad thing is you know there were a lot of people whose first reaction to this news story was to google search to find the perps' races so they could make some political point related to Zimmerman-Martin.

Horrible crime. The shooters deserve to be tried as adults. No indications from the police statements that it was a hate crime or motivated by racism, but I suppose that is a possibility.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

they all look "black" to me.

Of course you have to go to an Aussie source to find that out because in the good ol' USofA we're too damned high and mighty to go out on that limb and start rustling feathers unnecessarily.:censored

Of course you have to go to an Aussie source to find that out because in the good ol' USofA we're too damned high and mighty to go out on that limb and start rustling feathers unnecessarily.:censored

lol, the link I provided was on drudgereport.com

My understanding is two black and one white.
Not if the pictures from the aussie papers are to be believed. 3 perps...all looking like they would be Obamas sosn if Obama had sons. Of course...they were just 'children'...how dangerous can a 15/16/17 year old kid be.

not really that unexpected when half the kids are born out of wedlock (nearly 3/4 for some demographics) and grow up in a home without a father around. when your male role models are unemployed street punks, drug dealers and the random guys who drop by to **** your mother....what can you expect?

We don't know that's the case with these kids, do we?

Not if the pictures from the aussie papers are to be believed. 3 perps...all looking like they would be Obamas sosn if Obama had sons. Of course...they were just 'children'...how dangerous can a 15/16/17 year old kid be.

What does their race have to do with anything?

More empty Con prattle-

Duncan OK is about 50 miles east of here. The senseless murder has been all over 'lamestream' national and international media. 'Good Morning America' is not a Fox Noise clone and they had extensive coverage of the murder, the victim's family in Australia, the victim GF's family, his baseball team in both countries and the Sheriff giving his opinion on parenting.

Duncan OK currently has a small army of news oulets swamping it.

This is soooo not like the Zimmerman case but i know Cons will bend over backwards to use it for mindless rants.

Pretty sad and very disgusting, even for partisans...:doh
Very much NOT like the Martin case...agreed. in THAT case a 17 year old thug attacked a neighborhood watch guy that was following him after reporting it to the cops and ended up getting his dumb ass shot. In this incident, three scumbags shot a man because they were bored.

There would be claims the Black kid was profiled and was attacked by racist Whites for the only reason because he was black
But because this is an everyday run of the mill black on white violence it probably wont make it past the local news or online article

Well, the video clip in the OP was from CNN. Sounds like it got past the local news to me....I'm just saying.

Don't let that stop your persecution rant.

What does their race have to do with anything?
What did Zimmermans? Oh...thats right...its only relevant when it is a social issue liberals can exploit in their causes. My bad.

3 black kids targetted a white man...Meh...no big deal. Flip the script...3 white kids target a black man...and you would be on your third set of panties already.

We don't know that's the case with these kids, do we?

this is all that was in the article: broken homes for at least two of them

The two teens have suffered tragic lives, their parents said. The 15-year-old's mother is in jail. The 16-year-old last year dealt with the death of his stepfather and brother.

What did Zimmermans? Oh...thats right...its only relevant when it is a social issue liberals can exploit in their causes. My bad.

3 black kids targetted a white man...Meh...no big deal. Flip the script...3 white kids target a black man...and you would be on your third set of panties already.

Speaking of multiple sets of panties, this is how many for you about this?

Right, and all along it was so horrible the "liberals bringing the race element" into the Martin thing, but when YOU want to make race an issue....well, that's OK isn't it.
If you don't want everything racialized, stop making it all about race.

this is all that was in the article: broken homes for at least two of them

I didn't see that. Thank you.

Still, we know it's really about that they were black kids and those damn liberal racists aren't getting outraged.

Back
Top Bottom