• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police arrest man for taking out his trash

Innocent people react negatively to their rights being violated because of the color of their skin.

If this confuses you... well actually there's nothing I can do. Some people just lack the empathy to understand human behavior at all.
People should learn to not react negatively. It only makes things worse.

As I said before, that's probably true. That doesn't mean it always happens. And if it doesn't, I'm not going to force the issue by kicking up a fuss. Better to stay alive.

You will kick up a fuss because that's literally how your brain reacts to pain.

For anyone interested in playing along.

677efe3533a0262a3eb269e608b54e78c5ff4f55.jpg

2. The victim and his girlfriend were wrong in their reaction and resistance to the police.

"They should have just obeyed the officer"

0b9e0de8b07085b117e5dbf5a6912467a2dd1549.jpg

🤪

They should have never been given the job in the first place if they can't understand basic instructions and resort to arresting the first black man they see. Makes me wonder what level of 'training' these idiots get.
Sadly, not nearly as much as your police.

The victim even told the cops that this isnt the right guy. Cops arrest him anyways.

I really dont understand how these cops are NOT charged with kidnapping. We need to get rid of qualified immunity for cops so they can be prosecuted correctly.

It's a tricky one, as right or wrong the guy escalated the situation. Just because the police are badly mistaken doesn't mean resistance is justified, and I'd wager the eventual charges were related to that resistance.

Had he simply remained calm and complied, he likely would have walked away, having been briefly detained in error.

I've had that happen to me. I guess if I had just started shrieking and resisting, and managed to get my girlfriend running half naked into the fray so she could get arrested also, I could have got a payday out of it.

Only if those funds come from the police department and the people in it. The taxpayers footing the bill doesn't really help.
If taxpayers lose enough money from civil suits against lousy policing, maybe they’ll begin holding their city leaders accountable for allowing the behaviors to continue.

You will kick up a fuss because that's literally how your brain reacts to pain.

Let me draw your attention to the words in my post... " That doesn't mean it always happens. And if it doesn't, ..."

Police aren't armed? And they certainly sounded male.
Now you are just being silly. Take your forum games and play with someone else.

You are dismissed.

Now you are just being silly. Take your forum games and play with someone else.

You are dismissed.
Huh..."armed men" in this case exactly describes the police.

Sorry that facts get in the way of your worldview.

Cops can make you resist. It's really easy.
15 years ago when I got a DUI the cops made me do the line walk test over and over and over and they were laughing the whole time. I finally had enough and just sat down on the curb and they added "resisting arrest" to my charges for sitting on the curb. I could barely stay awake and had ass these assholes roaring laughter at me so I just got tired and sat down and I guess they counted that as "resisting arrest".

Never fight police or resist arrest. You will have your day in court, and if they did anything wrong, you will be compensated.

As soon as you fight police, you have lost the battle that day.

I love the people in here who are like "Always remain calm and don't argue"

Like, oh okay. Just remain calm as you're stripped of all liberty and dragged off the streets of your home to prison for no reason. Don't argue - that's what court is for.

lmao, no. **** that.

Never fight police or resist arrest. You will have your day in court, and if they did anything wrong, you will be compensated.

As soon as you fight police, you have lost the battle that day.

They can make you resist. Suggestion is useless.

Present the documentation to support your claim.

You need me to present documentation to support the "claim" that humans struggle when you inflict pain on them?

Are you sure?

I always recommend calm, passive resistance when it comes to the police.

But then again, I challenge anyone to remain calm when armed men come up to you for no reason and put you into cuffs.
I treat them like they treat me. If you approach me with an attitude, that's what you'll get in return. I cussed out a cop up and down right to his face because he was wrong in pulling me over. Another officer had arrived earlier and witnessed me giving this cop hell. I could see him out of the corner of my eye shaking his head a bit. After all was said and done, I departed with no ticket. I think the second officer witnessed the other cop's behavior before.

Our cops like to have three people shout conflicting and inherently impossible instructions and then shoot you for failing to comply.

My personal favorite was "hands on your head!" when the suspect, already face down on the ground, had his arms restrained by another cop.
That reminds me of the ronald king beating where you had six or seven cops yelling things at him while beating him to a pulp. I was busted by my local swat team and they were yelling all kinds of things and it's very unsettling when you have assault rifles ten feet away from you and pointing at you with a german shepard three feet away from you acting like it wants to eat your leg. They're yelling all kinds of stuff, right after the one cop yelled where's the meth lab. I had no meth lab. I don't do meth but boy was I treated like a piece of shit.

I love the people in here who are like "Always remain calm and don't argue"

Like, oh okay. Just remain calm as you're stripped of all liberty and dragged off the streets of your home to prison for no reason. Don't argue - that's what court is for.

lmao, no. **** that.

Maybe there are circumstances where that makes good sense, but I don't think that's what was happening in this case. Being mistakenly detained is not being stripped of all liberty, and there was no basis to drag him anywhere until AFTER he began resisting, and he provided that basis himself.

My guess is if they hadn't admitted they had no probable cause to approach him in the video (or if he had been the source of the original call) this would be a non-story.

And what does "**** that" amount to? Have you successfully fought off a lot of street arrests? Any tips on how to do that safely?

They can make you resist. Suggestion is useless.

I get what you're saying, but that wasn't a factor here, was it? They couldn't get their hands on him fast enough before he resisted all on his own.

I've been in a similar situation a time or two, and because I didn't escalate it into a struggle, it didn't become a struggle.

If the police were there to violate my rights on purpose, my cooperation wasn't isn't likely to matter either way.

Consider the possibility that this event would never have seen the light of day if not for body cameras. That's got to be a sign of improvement in police performance overall, as it is the main evidence being used to push this lawsuit and put the police on notice that they crossed the line.

Last edited:
We have a real love for authoritarian behavior in this country.
2 cops walk up to someone minding their business and say turn around while pulling out handcuffs and 1/2 the people here say the person should have done what they were told. They shouldn't ask any questions wonder wtf is going on, nothing they should just do as their told.
To me that's the problem police officers don't have to tell you anything and you as a person minding your own business should possibly be out a job, money for an attorney and time going to court for not questioning why you are being arrested.
We have to change police training and behavior for the benefit of everyone.

You need me to present documentation to support the "claim" that humans struggle when you inflict pain on them?

Are you sure?

Oh boy, what weak dodge from your original statement.

You wrote:
They can make you resist.

Go ahead and cite the documentation that shows police "make you resist". I'm sure since you brought it up there must be dozens of incidents you can point to.

Start pointing.

Oh boy, what weak dodge from your original statement.

You wrote:

Go ahead and cite the documentation that shows police "make you resist". I'm sure since you brought it up there must be dozens of incidents you can point to.

Start pointing.

That's what my statement was referring to. They inflict pain, people struggle. That's a normal response to pain.

You do understand that avoidance is the standard response to pain, yes? Therefore when police inflict pain, people will struggle. It's a reflex.

That's what my statement was referring to. They inflict pain, people struggle. That's a normal response to pain.

You do understand that avoidance is the standard response to pain, yes? Therefore when police inflict pain, people will struggle. It's a reflex.

Now you're back peddling. You wrote that cops "make you resist". Prove it, or admit you were lying.

Back
Top Bottom