• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police arrest man for taking out his trash

dirtpoorchris

King of Videos
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The victim even told the cops that this isnt the right guy. Cops arrest him anyways.

I really dont understand how these cops are NOT charged with kidnapping. We need to get rid of qualified immunity for cops so they can be prosecuted correctly.

The victim even told the cops that this isnt the right guy. Cops arrest him anyways.

I really dont understand how these cops are NOT charged with kidnapping. We need to get rid of qualified immunity for cops so they can be prosecuted correctly.
How embarrassing for the LA police department-and expensive when they have to pay out for yet another wrongful arrest.

Give it a few minutes and the usual suspects, who have never seen an example of a black person being mistreated they couldn't justify, will be here with some lame defense for this too.

There is no life situation that cannot be made much worse by the presence of a Police Officer.

1. The police were wrong to approach this person without clear evidence, such as something so basic as a description of the person they were seeking.
2. The victim and his girlfriend were wrong in their reaction and resistance to the police.

Bottom line: The city should pay...but not as much as the couple want.

How embarrassing for the LA police department-and expensive when they have to pay out for yet another wrongful arrest.

Idiotic morons of police officers, not even knowing what the person looks like and then arresting him. Idiots that should be fired for arresting 2 people without any justification.

Idiotic morons of police officers, not even knowing what the person looks like and then arresting him. Idiots that should be fired for arresting 2 people without any justification.
They should have never been given the job in the first place if they can't understand basic instructions and resort to arresting the first black man they see. Makes me wonder what level of 'training' these idiots get.

2. The victim and his girlfriend were wrong in their reaction and resistance to the police.

I always recommend calm, passive resistance when it comes to the police.

But then again, I challenge anyone to remain calm when armed men come up to you for no reason and put you into cuffs.

But then again, I challenge anyone to remain calm when armed men come up to you for no reason and put you into cuffs.

I probably couldn't "remain calm", but I wouldn't try to resist or fight them. If they're in the wrong, sort it out later.

1. The police were wrong to approach this person without clear evidence, such as something so basic as a description of the person they were seeking.

Bottom line: The city should pay...but not as much as the couple want.

Innocent people react negatively to their rights being violated because of the color of their skin.

If this confuses you... well actually there's nothing I can do. Some people just lack the empathy to understand human behavior at all.

I probably couldn't "remain calm", but I wouldn't try to resist or fight them. If they're in the wrong, sort it out later.
That's what I'd recommend. But, again, easier said than done.

Cops can make you resist. It's really easy.

Quite probably. I wouldn't want to help them, though.

Better to live and take it to court another day.

was it Ted Bundy who pretended to be a cop before abducting, raping and murdering women?

point being, you just never know.

Quite probably. I wouldn't want to help them, though.

Better to live and take it to court another day.

They don't need your help. They can literally make you resist. All they have to do is inflict pain. Your natural reaction is to struggle. Now you're resisting. This justifies more force, causing more pain. At some point, you're going to fight. You have to. You're an animal and you're in physical danger.

Hard to sort things out when you are dead because the cop was having a bad day, decided you were resisting arrest, and needed to be taught a lesson.

British cops shout "Stop resisting!" very loudly before attacking. They rarely kill you though.

Our cops like to have three people shout conflicting and inherently impossible instructions and then shoot you for failing to comply.

My personal favorite was "hands on your head!" when the suspect, already face down on the ground, had his arms restrained by another cop.

The cop and his supervisor should be fired, lose their pensions, and the victim awarded 2 million dollars, tax-free. That kind of punishment will force the cops to stop acting like cowboys and mobsters.

The cop and his supervisor should be fired, lose their pensions, and the victim awarded 2 million dollars, tax-free. That kind of punishment will force the cops to stop acting like cowboys and mobsters.

Only if those funds come from the police department and the people in it. The taxpayers footing the bill doesn't really help.

They don't need your help. They can literally make you resist. All they have to do is inflict pain. Your natural reaction is to struggle. Now you're resisting. This justifies more force, causing more pain. At some point, you're going to fight. You have to. You're an animal and you're in physical danger.

As I said before, that's probably true. That doesn't mean it always happens. And if it doesn't, I'm not going to force the issue by kicking up a fuss. Better to stay alive.

Hard to sort things out when you are dead because the cop was having a bad day, decided you were resisting arrest, and needed to be taught a lesson.

True enough. So what's your point? Go ahead and fight the cops when they try to arrest you? Good luck with that.

Only if those funds come from the police department and the people in it. The taxpayers footing the bill doesn't really help.
I agree. This should come from the police pension, so they have a fiscal interest in cleaning up their act.

I agree...except, those weren't "armed men". They were Police Officers.

Back
Top Bottom