• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police are the new discriminated minority while LeftLies BLM/Antifa are the new racists

But it is possible to quit being a member of a 'black' gang of thugs.

And what does that have to do with this OP. Are you insinuating that all black people are gang members. ShouldI say white people can quit being racist? Or white people can quit mass shooting? What a racist thing for you to say

And what does that have to do with this OP. Are you insinuating that all black people are gang members. ShouldI say white people can quit being racist? Or white people can quit mass shooting? What a racist thing for you to say

Of course you may say 'white' people can quit mass shootings without needing to explain that you are not implying that all 'white' people are mass shooters. Though some are. Are you seeking to deny that there violent gangs with a predominately 'black' membership? And that most of their victims are other 'black' people? If that is so then you have a tenuous grip on reality.

The first step to resolving any problem is to recognise that it exists.

Of course you may say 'white' people can quit mass shootings without needing to explain that you are not implying that all 'white' people are mass shooters. Though some are. Are you seeking to deny that there violent gangs with a predominately 'black' membership? And that most of their victims are other 'black' people? If that is so then you have a tenuous grip on reality.

I think that you should not concentrate on the few and concentrate on the overall problem. All people in poverty commit crime, not just black people. 85% of white people murdered are murdered by other white people. Yes mass murders are committed by mostly white males, but there are few threads started about that. White people seem to want to concentrate on black on black crime and personally, I don't think you really give a rats ass about black people killing black people. It is just another way to demonize and degrade black people. A couple of weeks ago a white male came to a judges house and shot and killed her son and wounded her husband. Where is the outrage? Where is the thousands of threads on that subject. Cops kill black people all of the time. Most of them are not even reported or are on national news, but you guys want to change the subject to black on black crime. Gangs have been in existence since the early 1900s. Most were Italian, Irish and Jewish gangs. Black and Hispanic gangs did not start formulating until blacks started migrating to the north from the southern Jim Crow states. So don't act like this is some unique characteristic of black people. We all can agree that gangs is the affect of poverty. The solution is to help people move out of their impoverished state through opportunity. Many black organizations and millionaires are working on that now, but it takes more than private organizations and people to make that happen. It has to be a joint effort with the federal and state governments. A very small percentage of black people belong to gangs.

I think that you should not concentrate on the few and concentrate on the overall problem. All people in poverty commit crime, not just black people. 85% of white people murdered are murdered by other white people. Yes mass murders are committed by mostly white males, but there are few threads started about that. White people seem to want to concentrate on black on black crime and personally, I don't think you really give a rats ass about black people killing black people. It is just another way to demonize and degrade black people. A couple of weeks ago a white male came to a judges house and shot and killed her son and wounded her husband. Where is the outrage? Where is the thousands of threads on that subject. Cops kill black people all of the time. Most of them are not even reported or are on national news, but you guys want to change the subject to black on black crime. Gangs have been in existence since the early 1900s. Most were Italian, Irish and Jewish gangs. Black and Hispanic gangs did not start formulating until blacks started migrating to the north from the southern Jim Crow states. So don't act like this is some unique characteristic of black people. We all can agree that gangs is the affect of poverty. The solution is to help people move out of their impoverished state through opportunity. Many black organizations and millionaires are working on that now, but it takes more than private organizations and people to make that happen. It has to be a joint effort with the federal and state governments. A very small percentage of black people belong to gangs.

Do you think I give "a rat's ass" - as you so clumsily put it - what you imagine I care about?

It is not true that 'all people in poverty commit crime'. Though it is often the case that some are poor because they are criminals, drug users and so on..

In the 1930's many were very poor, when poverty meant not having enough to eat. In Britain as well as the US and every other country, yet crime rates remained very low. The lazy and cheap little excuse 'people are only criminals because they are poor so they are blameless' is deeply insulting to all those with just as little money, both 'black' and 'white' of course, who do not rob and steal.

This thread fails on basic premise.

You CHOOSE to be a cop. You don't choose to be black or any other minority.

Also, if asking you not to needlessly end people lives in the prosecution of your duties makes you feel discriminated against, maybe we are talking about the wrong problem here, don't you think?

Unless its a toxic and extremely harmful culture amongst police forces.....then its just business as usual.

I always find it odd that anything predominantly minority needs to look at itself and solve its problems before asking for others to change, but that doesn't work the same way among predominantly white groups. As if black people being killed by other black people should preclude them from asking that agents of the state don't simply get to treat them however they choose to.

Talk about a tenuous grip on reality. Both can happen at the same time.

A policeman is over 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man than a black man is to be killed by a policeman.

A policeman is over 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man than a black man is to be killed by a policeman.

And by posting this, I can presume you are in favor that they should be able to treat black men different because of this?

This thread fails on basic premise.

You CHOOSE to be a cop. You don't choose to be black or any other minority.

Also, if asking you not to needlessly end people lives in the prosecution of your duties makes you feel discriminated against, maybe we are talking about the wrong problem here, don't you think?

An officer was almost murdered by BLM thugs and almost had his head blown off. Choosing that profession is still not an excuse for a thug to attempt murder while an officer is at his girlfriend's house with kids inside.

Fail.

An officer was almost murdered by BLM thugs and almost had his head blown off. Choosing that profession is still not an excuse for a thug to attempt murder while an officer is at his girlfriend's house with kids inside.

Fail.

Nice try, but you got me all wrong.

First, show me where I have condoned the act you speak of. I'll save you the time and tell you you won't find it because I don't condone that kind of thing.

That stated, one has to be willing to accept the inherent risk of choices they make. Everyone knows that being a police officer comes with a very high level of danger. If you (general, not personal) aren't willing to accept that level of risk, its incumbent on you NOT to become an officer, not on the populace to cut you slack when you act improperly in the face of that risk.

That piece of **** that tried to kill this officer needs to be caught and put in jail for the rest of his life. Make no mistake about that....but this incident in no way makes it any better when cops like Derek Chauvin do the **** that he did.

Do you think I give "a rat's ass" - as you so clumsily put it - what you imagine I care about?

It is not true that 'all people in poverty commit crime'. Though it is often the case that some are poor because they are criminals, drug users and so on..

In the 1930's many were very poor, when poverty meant not having enough to eat. In Britain as well as the US and every other country, yet crime rates remained very low. The lazy and cheap little excuse 'people are only criminals because they are poor so they are blameless' is deeply insulting to all those with just as little money, both 'black' and 'white' of course, who do not rob and steal.

It is stupid to think that people are poor because they are criminals, drug users and so on. In fact many rich people use more drugs than poor people and are criminals. The fact is that more crime is committed in impoverished areas because poor people act in desperation. That is the fact, not the reverse as you want to believe. You want to demonize the poor as most republicans do as if it is somehow their fault they are poor. It is very hard to pull yourself out of poverty. When I referred to "all People", I was referring to all races. Crime did not remain very low in the 1930s people, like now did what ever they could to survive. Do you actually think that crime in the 1930s in Chicago was very low with prohibition and the Italian Mafia? You have got to be kidding. Why do you think machine guns were banned. And just because you don't get caught robbing and stealing, does not mean you don't do it.

Nice try, but you got me all wrong.

First, show me where I have condoned the act you speak of. I'll save you the time and tell you you won't find it because I don't condone that kind of thing.

That stated, one has to be willing to accept the inherent risk of choices they make. Everyone knows that being a police officer comes with a very high level of danger. If you (general, not personal) aren't willing to accept that level of risk, its incumbent on you NOT to become an officer, not on the populace to cut you slack when you act improperly in the face of that risk.

That piece of **** that tried to kill this officer needs to be caught and put in jail for the rest of his life. Make no mistake about that....but this incident in no way makes it any better when cops like Derek Chauvin do the **** that he did.

Are we talking about Derek? A man that's already awaiting trial in prison? You make every attempt to divert the topic away to a rare occurrence between white male cops and black men.

This assasination attempt is a manifestation of the attitude of the BLM/Antifa/LeftLies dogma that's been preached heavily to justify hostility towards officers and rioting that's racked up hundreds of millions in damages.

Are we talking about Derek? A man that's already awaiting trial in prison? You make every attempt to divert the topic away to a rare occurrence between white male cops and black men.

This assasination attempt is a manifestation of the attitude of the BLM/Antifa/LeftLies dogma that's been preached heavily to justify hostility towards officers and rioting that's racked up hundreds of millions in damages.

Funny that you can attach the dogma of the left to this attempted murder, but somehow can't attach the dogma of law enforcement that allows cops to get away with **** that nobody should be allowed to get away with to incidents like Chauvin.

Telling.

Bear in mind that were it not for the video of what happened to George Floyd, we probably wouldn't be talking about a former officer in jail awaiting trial. We would be talking about another officer on administrative leave until the heat died down and then allowed to go back to doing exactly what he was he was doing before that got him in hot water.

Funny that you can attach the dogma of the left to this attempted murder, but somehow can't attach the dogma of law enforcement that allows cops to get away with **** that nobody should be allowed to get away with to incidents like Chauvin.

Telling.

Bear in mind that were it not for the video of what happened to George Floyd, we probably wouldn't be talking about a former officer in jail awaiting trial. We would be talking about another officer on administrative leave until the heat died down and then allowed to go back to doing exactly what he was he was doing before that got him in hot water.

The George Floyd horse has been beaten past death. I remember when Dems were all about following the law. Now they're about breaking the law and putting hits out on officers.

The George Floyd horse has been beaten past death. I remember when Dems were all about following the law. Now they're about breaking the law and putting hits out on officers.

Man....you kicked the **** out of that strawman you built yourself. Way to show him.

Now, would you care to address what I actually said, and not what the voices in your head were telling you I said.

You are the one who brought up dogma, not me. I simply asked you why it was fair play to bitch about the dogma of the left (as you put it) but didn't address the dogma of law enforcement that tells them they can do what they want and the blue wall will protect them.

This isn't about Floyd or Chauvin at this point....its about culture and why one is acceptable and you find the other so objectionable.

Man....you kicked the **** out of that strawman you built yourself. Way to show him.

Now, would you care to address what I actually said, and not what the voices in your head were telling you I said.

You are the one who brought up dogma, not me. I simply asked you why it was fair play to bitch about the dogma of the left (as you put it) but didn't address the dogma of law enforcement that tells them they can do what they want and the blue wall will protect them.

This isn't about Floyd or Chauvin at this point....its about culture and why one is acceptable and you find the other so objectionable.

Again, Floyd has nothing directly to do with the topic. No matter how many times you cry about him.

The assassination attempt on this officer's life and the lives of his girlfriend and her children is a political stain upon the Libs.

The very phrase ------------ black lives matter--------------is racist.

The very phrase ------------ black lives matter--------------is racist.

Making white racist that black lives matter is uncomfortable to racist

Easy solution to the problem, contrary to the problems of racism we have always had. You don't want to be targeted as a policeman? Don't sign up to be a policeman and problem solved.

Unfortunately, Blacks cannot quit or not sign up to be Black. They are born Black and there is no quitting the color of your skin.

Again, Floyd has nothing directly to do with the topic. No matter how many times you cry about him.

The assassination attempt on this officer's life and the lives of his girlfriend and her children is a political stain upon the Libs.

To the part in red.....glad you agree, since in the post you responded to I said exactly that....here let me show it to you again:

I mean, it was the last damned thing you read for the love of all thats good and holy.

How is it a political stain?

Easy solution to the problem, contrary to the problems of racism we have always had. You don't want to be targeted as a policeman? Don't sign up to be a policeman and problem solved.

Unfortunately, Blacks cannot quit or not sign up to be Black. They are born Black and there is no quitting the color of your skin.

While I agree with the base premise of your post, I would amend it to the point that being a cop shouldn't be an implied death sentence anymore than being born black is.

People targeting cops are no better than cops who target blacks. One doesn't negate the other, and neither makes the other any better.

That said, I agree completely with the idea that being a cop has an inherent risk that shouldn't be able to be removed from the situation by allowing officers to shoot first and ask questions later. Not everyone is psychologically equipped to be an officer, and we need to do a better job of making sure that those that aren't never make it to the force. We also need to do better in recognizing that when one DOES slip through the cracks, we do something about it rather than let the normal culture in the departments do everything they can to protect them.

While I agree with the base premise of your post, I would amend it to the point that being a cop shouldn't be an implied death sentence anymore than being born black is.

People targeting cops are no better than cops who target blacks. One doesn't negate the other, and neither makes the other any better.

That said, I agree completely with the idea that being a cop has an inherent risk that shouldn't be able to be removed from the situation by allowing officers to shoot first and ask questions later. Not everyone is psychologically equipped to be an officer, and we need to do a better job of making sure that those that aren't never make it to the force. We also need to do better in recognizing that when one DOES slip through the cracks, we do something about it rather than let the normal culture in the departments do everything they can to protect them.

Nonetheless, being a cop is a choice. Being Black is not.

75% of cops will never fire their weapon on duty, outside of the range.

It depends on which city.

This cop has killed 3 people in the 5 years he's been on the force.

They weren't murders so get the facts straight.

Sorry, but not sorry.

Not sorry an officer, his girlfriend, and her offspring were nearly murdered? Unsurprised Libs have no remorse for anyone but themselves.

False rhetoric. Doing a job doesn't mean someone deserves to die, no matter how dangerous it is. I could just as easily say your profession is full of stupid idiots who deserve to die, but I don't need to resort to such fallacies.

Back
Top Bottom