• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police: 2 Muslim men shot, likely hate crime

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Disturbing news out from Minnesota.

MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis Police are investigating a double shooting in the Dinkytown area early Wednesday morning as a hate crime against two Muslim men.
A group of five young men, all dressed in traditional Muslim robes, were in a car headed to Ramadan overnight prayers when they were confronted by the gunman at the intersection of 14th Ave. S.E. and 6th Street S.E.. at 2:00 a.m.
Hussein Gelle, one of two victims recovering from bullet wounds to their legs, told KARE the gunman fired at those who fled the vehicle, and then ordered Gelle and another passenger to stay in the backseat.
"He was standing about 10 feet away from the car, and I thought it was over. But then he started shooting again and got both of us in the backseat, shot us in the legs."

More information about how this event started

Gelle said he and his friends were getting into their vehicle when one said he overheard a "very drunk young man" making disparaging remarks about Muslims. He said they spotted the man in question at the next intersection, and the driver of the car asked the man why he'd been saying those things.

"The man said, 'I didn't say those things. I know a lot of Muslims. I have Muslim friends' and we said, 'That's great!' and so we thought it was over," Gelle recalled.

"But his friend came up and said, 'What if I said (expletive) Muslims? What would you do if I said (expletive) Muslims?' And we told him it was over."

Gelle said that's when the man pulled out his handgun and added, "Well I am saying it! I am saying it, and there's nothing you can do about it!"

That's when the shooting began.

Gelled described the suspect as a white man, college-aged, with dark hair, standing about 5'8" and weighing 150 to 160 pounds.

Full story is here

Police: 2 Muslim men shot, likely hate crime | KARE11.com

Should be easy to catch him.

Disturbing news out from Minnesota.

More information about how this event started

Full story is here

Police: 2 Muslim men shot, likely hate crime | KARE11.com

Why is this disturbing to you? Other shootings happen all the time regarding ethnicity, turf, gangs, drugs, and race. Are Muslim's are supposed to be immune from random street violence? Are Muslims listed in some sort of hands off category?

By the way...

Here is a list of 2016 shootings/murders to date from Chicago:

Shot & Killed: 300
Shot & Wounded: 1675
Total Shot: 1975
Total Homicides: 333

96% of them were black!

Wouldn't that be a better pitty post?

Crickets from the liberals.

Why is this disturbing to you? Other shootings happen all the time regarding ethnicity, turf, gangs, drugs, and race. Are Muslim's are supposed to be immune from random street violence? Are Muslims listed in some sort of hands off category?

By the way...

Here is a list of 2016 shootings/murders to date from Chicago:

Shot & Killed: 300
Shot & Wounded: 1675
Total Shot: 1975
Total Homicides: 333

96% of them were black!

Wouldn't that be a better pitty post?

Crickets from the liberals.

Let me show you the part that disturbed me.

Gelle said he and his friends were getting into their vehicle when one said he overheard a "very drunk young man" making disparaging remarks about Muslims. He said they spotted the man in question at the next intersection, and the driver of the car asked the man why he'd been saying those things.

"The man said, 'I didn't say those things. I know a lot of Muslims. I have Muslim friends' and we said, 'That's great!' and so we thought it was over," Gelle recalled.

"But his friend came up and said, 'What if I said (expletive) Muslims? What would you do if I said (expletive) Muslims?' And we told him it was over."

Gelle said that's when the man pulled out his handgun and added, "Well I am saying it! I am saying it, and there's nothing you can do about it!"

Admitidly, the shooter may have been drunk.

Let me show you the part that disturbed me.

Admitidly, the shooter may have been drunk.

Yeah........but, it goes on every day. Whites get attacked by blacks, and vice versa. It is a very angry world out there. The media loves it and helps to float whatever premise they like.

Back
Top Bottom