• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poland Agrees To Hand Over MiG-29 Fighter Jets To Aid Ukraine

Most likely is that Poland wants the U.S. hands on this before giving them to Ukraine.
Perhaps. But it's not like Russia doesn't know exactly where they're coming from. I'm sure the Kremlin reads all the world's wire services.

And that would fully justify Russian attacks on U.S. bases and facilities in the area.
Not anymore than the US arming the Taliban during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan during the 80s.

Not anymore than the US arming the Taliban during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan during the 80s.
Perhaps. But the Soviet Union in the 1980s was ruled by a bunch of old former World War Two veterans that were not going to take their country into a major war with the U.S. unless under direct attack on the Rodina (homeland).

Putin is made of considerably different stuff. And not good stuff.

Perhaps. But the Soviet Union in the 1980s was ruled by a bunch of old former World War Two veterans that were not going to take their country into a major war with the U.S. unless under direct attack on the Rodina (homeland).

Putin is made of considerably different stuff. And not good stuff.
Putin knows that any direct conflict with the US is suicide and world ending. I hope the American leaders and he is not that crazy.

That was not the Taliban, they did not even exist yet. The US aided the Mujahideen.

The two are not the same thing.
-- The Taliban was formed in the early 1990s by Afghan mujahideen, or Islamic guerilla fighters, who had resisted the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan (1979–89) with the covert backing of the CIA and its Pakistani counterpart, the Inter-Services Intelligence directorate (ISI).

If it’s war. Putin would bomb those planes where they sit.

That’s a good sign he hasn’t.
i'm also glad it's not a war.

Aerial Footage Of Ukrainian Town Reveals Devastation After Russian Attack

Russia invades Ukraine: the devastation of war - AS.com

Ukraine-capital-bombed-by-Russia-Ukrainian-Presidents-Office-Zuma-Press-Avalon.jpg

Others have responded with very good suggestions as to why those Migs will be delivered to Germany first. Another reason is that Poland does not wish to be a party to the Russia - Ukraine war. So, they're by-stepping this by doing it this way.
But in Putin's eyes are they really by-stepping? They still came from Poland didn't they? Don't get me wrong I'm all for it.

I'm all for arming the Ukrainians to the teeth but the west must still be careful not to get directly involved. Giving them US drones would also be a big benefit.
I disagree, I think NATO should consider Ukrainian as a fledgling member, an intern and defend them as such…

If nato would act this would be done in days…

Turkish built and they faced sanctions from the US and Canada on quite a few components due to Turkey attacking Kurds

Amazing on how quickly a country can go from a pariah to a hero
An enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Of course the Biden administration is caught off guard... again... and is now the blocker to Ukraine getting something they can put in the air.

Perhaps. But it's not like Russia doesn't know exactly where they're coming from. I'm sure the Kremlin reads all the world's wire services.
Especially since neither Germany or the U.S. has Russian built MIGS.

I disagree, I think NATO should consider Ukrainian as a fledgling member, an intern and defend them as such…

If nato would act this would be done in days…
We can't redraw the lines in retrospect without dire ramifications. Putin knows this.

Of course the Biden administration is caught off guard... again... and is now the blocker to Ukraine getting something they can put in the air.

Not seeing the Biden administration off guard. Perhaps those partisan blinders are blinding you. I do see a fluid situation and the Biden Administration working together with our allies.

The Taliban was formed in the early 1990s by Afghan mujahideen, or Islamic guerilla fighters, who had resisted the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan (1979–89) with the covert backing of the CIA and its Pakistani counterpart, the Inter-Services Intelligence directorate (ISI).

Here, let me fix that for you.

The Taliban was formed in the early 1990s by some Afghan mujahideen, or Islamic guerilla fighters after the Soviet-Afghan war ended in Mullah Omar in 1994. They were the most findamentalist of the groups that had resisted the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan (1979–89). And as the majority of the covert backing of the CIA and its Pakistani counterpart, the Inter-Services Intelligence directorate (ISI) went to a different group, Most notably Hezbi Islami and Ahmad Shah Massoud's forces.

There, that is more accurate. The Taliban came almost half a decade after the war ended, and fought against the groups that the US backed. The Afghan Civil War was primarily the Taliban, against the forces that wanted a more Westernized nation, primarily led by the Northern Alliance.

You are doing the same mistake that a lot of people make, just classifying all of the Mujahideen as a single group. There were a great many of them, and the US only gave the fundamentalist groups medical supplies and food. The advanced weapons and training went to the more mainstream groups, like those of Ahmad Shah Massoud. Which is why it was a red warning flag to many in the Intelligence community when he was assassinated on 10 September 2001 by Al-Qaeda, at the request of the Taliban. The day before they started a new phase in the Afghan Civil War.

There are times when taking a "Cliff's Notes" approach is a complete and utter failure. You see, most of the fighters there were not "Islamic". They were actually Afghans who supported their King, and wanted to see him restored and a return to Afghanistan being one of the most cosmopolitan countries in the region. The "Islamic" ones saw it as a holy war, and was like a magnet to foreigners who flocked there to fight. The more mainstream groups generally rejected outsiders.

Did she, whoever she is, give any specifics? The US has been in negotiations for days on how to get the jets into the Ukraine as well as backfilling Polands contribution with American jets. They are very supportive of the initiative. Many, many reports on this.
Oh my, lol. First, I'm guessing you might be the only person on the thread wondering "whoever she is". Consider googling an image and I think you may quickly recognize "whoever she is".

Then, this might catch you up to today. May I suggest Fox News if you want to be a bit more up to date.

Here, let me fix that for you.

There, that is more accurate. The Taliban came almost half a decade after the war ended, and fought against the groups that the US backed. The Afghan Civil War was primarily the Taliban, against the forces that wanted a more Westernized nation, primarily led by the Northern Alliance.

You are doing the same mistake that a lot of people make, just classifying all of the Mujahideen as a single group. There were a great many of them, and the US only gave the fundamentalist groups medical supplies and food. The advanced weapons and training went to the more mainstream groups, like those of Ahmad Shah Massoud. Which is why it was a red warning flag to many in the Intelligence community when he was assassinated on 10 September 2001 by Al-Qaeda, at the request of the Taliban. The day before they started a new phase in the Afghan Civil War.

There are times when taking a "Cliff's Notes" approach is a complete and utter failure. You see, most of the fighters there were not "Islamic". They were actually Afghans who supported their King, and wanted to see him restored and a return to Afghanistan being one of the most cosmopolitan countries in the region. The "Islamic" ones saw it as a holy war, and was like a magnet to foreigners who flocked there to fight. The more mainstream groups generally rejected outsiders.

You were wrong, just own it rather than make excuses.

Oh my, lol. First, I'm guessing you might be the only person on the thread wondering "whoever she is". Consider googling an image and I think you may quickly recognize "whoever she is".

Then, this might catch you up to today. May I suggest Fox News if you want to be a bit more up to date.

Googled her and absolutely do not recognize her. I am up to date on the issue with Poland offering the Migs. It's been all over the news for days.

Last edited:
But in Putin's eyes are they really by-stepping? They still came from Poland didn't they? Don't get me wrong I'm all for it.
I'm not sure what Poland's argument could be to not claim being a part of arming Ukraine with areal killing machines but apparently, they feel assured that this move to deliver the MIGs to Germany will take Russian eyes off of them or somehow not physically dragging NATO into a the war. Or Germany for that matter. At this moment, however, that's their statement with how to do this in agreement with NATO/US. That's the other thing with this move. We're then replacing those MIGs in Poland with F-16s I believe. Putin knows this. If those MIGs kicks the dog sh*t out of the already weakened Russians in Ukraine, then in turn, that'll really put Putin back on his heels in his war that the world has been watching 24/7 - who knows how the pos will react to save his sorry KGB face. It's my own belief that Putin has a sizable reserve of more experienced military fighters who may become a part of a second offensive wave into Ukraine with a massive air assault all in the waiting. If they begin to lose that 2nd assault operation - then this thing could spill over other borders that escalates/expands fighting and that's probably when it begins taking on those two words- World War. imo

Or, Putin waves the white flag and allows everything to cool down. Is there a world that exist like that where he accepts defeat? 🤷‍♂️

Who's Jennifer Griffin and why does it matter that she said this?
Your guess would be wrong. Apparently reflechissez and the three plus me who liked his post didn't either.

Last edited:
We can't redraw the lines in retrospect without dire ramifications. Putin knows this.
There is the rub. At what point do we risk a military run at Russia that doesn't trigger up to 1,458 active nuclear weapons being launched - and madman Putin knows that. With so much at risk to our planet, it seems best to keep a conventional war on one given turf away from Moscow and Wash DC since it's already taking place in Ukraine. What everyone here in this message board and everyone else anywhere planet Earth needs to ask themselves is as we try to beat the Russians in Ukraine, what then while Putin stews? I know that this may make me sound like a madman, but plans had better be in the making to simultaneously slip in and locate Putin and his loyal crazy ass command officers to off, while securing as many launch sites as possible to prevent a cluster of mushroom clouds anywhere planet Earth.

I'll cheer MIGs and more to destroy the damn Putin Russians in Ukraine, but Putin is the ticking bomb to deal with asap. imo

If they are going to be working with American AEW systems then it might be a good idea to have the right electronics packs installed.
How far into Ukraine can a JSTARS see from the NATO side of the Ukrainian border?

Back
Top Bottom