• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poker

Oh dear god this looks fun.

What time you guys play?

Oh dear god this looks fun.

What time you guys play?

Well so far mostly Eco and I are just meeting up on some of the lower level ring games and playing with other random people and grinding up some playmonies. Mostly in the evenings. You can do a search in Poker stars for ecofarm1 or capslock7 to find us.

What I WANT to do is schedule a (regular?) private tournament for dp denizens. Purely a bragging rights thing. So we set up a Poker Stars "home game" which acts as a private league with scoreboard etc.

We just need a big enough pool of interested folks to get at least a 6man tourney happening.

I'll send you an invite to the league!

By the way. I have noticed before you are in plano. I live in the metroplex too. In fact I'm coming up to plano this afternoon to do some work. Thanks for the forum by the way. :)

If you do cigars.. Stop by two brothers on 14th. I'll be here until about 1.

I'm interested in some table action, I'm registered, ChezC3 is my screenname, would be happy to receive an invite...

I'm interested in some table action, I'm registered, ChezC3 is my screenname, would be happy to receive an invite...

Don't push pocket deuces when you miss the flop. ;)

Well so far mostly Eco and I are just meeting up on some of the lower level ring games and playing with other random people and grinding up some playmonies.

I'm up to 72k.

I find 10x stack in bank is sustainable, in general. If one loses 10 stacks in a row then one doesn't how to play poker.

Pokerstar. net?
I can do

Well if you guys want to play im available...though i'm a scrub

I played the last couple days. At 72k I went to a 10k stack table. At 120k I went to 20k tables. At 200k I went to 50k tables (kinda risky, with only 4 stacks in bank), and lost my first stack in days. I made up for it quickly and did well the next time I played. 325k atm.

I played the last couple days. At 72k I went to a 10k stack table. At 120k I went to 20k tables. At 200k I went to 50k tables (kinda risky, with only 4 stacks in bank), and lost my first stack in days. I made up for it quickly and did well the next time I played. 325k atm.

I'm playing at a good...2 or 3 thousand lol

It takes awhile to build up bank, a few good runs of cards. When we get a table of a few people together, chips will not matter, merely busting someone will be the fun.

I recommend 6 seat tables, the action is much faster.

You might try Sit & Go games (there's a tab). It's a good way to practice patience and the importance of position.

I would like to play. I have a knack at losing some of the time.

I know when to hold 'em. I play at pokerist.com (can be played on a phone). Anyone play there or elsewhere? Given starting chips and private tables, we could arrange a sit-n-go; I dunno how to make a private table but anyone can.

I used to play frequently. Haven't played in a couple of years though.

I used to play frequently. Haven't played in a couple of years though.

To play at a 6 seat table together, any players will do. Everyone can learn regardless of skills.

Shall we play sometime this weekend?

Capslock should start a thread, "debate poker" or somesuch, with the website(s), group name and password. I don't think PS is gonna crap out on us, it should be the OP.

Can I add/approve members? I see no such tab, notice or option. Is there a 'friends' list?

Capslock should start a thread, "debate poker" or somesuch, with the website(s), group name and password. I don't think PS is gonna crap out on us, it should be the OP.

Can I add/approve members? I see no such tab, notice or option. Is there a 'friends' list?

Hmm i made you an Admin. I would think you could approve members. Let me get to my computer later and I will check stuff.

cAPS has the right idea on this. A short stack is likely to go in with pretty much any A or any pair so calling them with JJ is a no brainer. If, on the other hand, you're against a stack 70% of yours or more heads up OR there was another caller ahead of you you're probably better off throwing them in.

At the introductory tables, calling allin preflop with tens or even AJ is tempting.

At the introductory tables, calling allin preflop with tens or even AJ is tempting.

At the 1/2 tables you may as well call with 7-2o. Those maniacs are just puking chips all over the table.

Just an example.....I'm holding 6-3 in the BB. Nobody raises I call. The flop comes 6-6-3. I get check, raise, raise, call, call in front of me so I bet the pot. I get called by 3 players. The turn comes K. I get bet, call, fold so I put both others all in (knowing that there could be pocket kings out there) and get called by both. The river is another K and I know I'm screwed. However, the hands that called me.......K-4 and 5-7. There's no sense at all in that.

At the 1/2 tables you may as well call with 7-2o. Those maniacs are just puking chips all over the table.

Just an example.....I'm holding 6-3 in the BB. Nobody raises I call. The flop comes 6-6-3. I get check, raise, raise, call, call in front of me so I bet the pot. I get called by 3 players. The turn comes K. I get bet, call, fold so I put both others all in (knowing that there could be pocket kings out there) and get called by both. The river is another K and I know I'm screwed. However, the hands that called me.......K-4 and 5-7. There's no sense at all in that.

The gut draw probably felt ripped off by the k4.

I'm playing 500/1k tables, 100k stack, (900k bank) and there's still plenty of nonsense.

Sounds like this isn't for novices.

Back
Top Bottom