• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poker

ecofarm

global liberation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I know when to hold 'em. I play at pokerist.com (can be played on a phone). Anyone play there or elsewhere? Given starting chips and private tables, we could arrange a sit-n-go; I dunno how to make a private table but anyone can.

I know when to hold 'em. I play at pokerist.com (can be played on a phone). Anyone play there or elsewhere? Given starting chips and private tables, we could arrange a sit-n-go; I dunno how to make a private table but anyone can.

I'd play you in poker. :) Probably beat you too, though its been quite a while since I last played.

I've the same username there. One can send a friend request. I can open a private table (not sure how, but probably simple) and 'invite a friend'. You'll only have access to the smallest chip table (due to starting bank) but that's irrelevant; I'll transfer a few stacks and then we play. If bored with heads-up, we can join a table with others (I prefer 5-seat, for speed of play).

Poker is my avocation. In fact I am working on satteliting into a wpt event. I won a seat in the upcoming WPTAPL Championship this year and hope to do well. :)

I might have some chips on pokerist... Haven't played there all that much. Playmoney poker tilts me a little.

I'll play if it's with no credit-card requirement... so no money.

I don't play poker for money. Back in the student dorms we used to play for a bottle of <insert name of relatively good drink here> with chips. Whoever won the poker game, won the bottle... and then we'd usually drink it to celebrate.

I'll play if it's with no credit-card requirement... so no money.

I don't play poker for money. Back in the student dorms we used to play for a bottle of <insert name of relatively good drink here> with chips. Whoever won the poker game, won the bottle... and then we'd usually drink it to celebrate.

Anyone have any recommendations for sites to play on? It seems the site in the OP is sketchy.

If you guys come up with something I'm an interested party. My schedule is all over the place but I can usually make things work.

Anyone have any recommendations for sites to play on? It seems the site in the OP is sketchy.

Is it? It's wierd. I played on there a little earlier this year because a live poker friend did and had, if I remember correctly, something like 50 million chips? Now when I try to log in it says it doesn't know me by my email address. I even have an email in my mailbox with the address I used... It's no real loss but kinda sucky. I could just sign back up and start over I spose.

Is it? It's wierd. I played on there a little earlier this year because a live poker friend did and had, if I remember correctly, something like 50 million chips? Now when I try to log in it says it doesn't know me by my email address. I even have an email in my mailbox with the address I used... It's no real loss but kinda sucky. I could just sign back up and start over I spose.

Same. I'd rather find a new site than start over; the interface there was kinda crappy. Perhaps the site is gone.

Perhaps the WPT site? I saw something advertised during a poker game on TV, just fake chips no cash. It was nice to be able to play with friends on a phone, but that interface was meh.

The WPT online software is heavily geared to a $19.99 monthly subscription situation. But it COULD work... not sure.

Probably the slickest way for us to do this is to use "Pokerstars Home Games". Let's try this. We can play tournaments or even cash games at any time using this tool, and the software is top notch. There are even phone/tablet versions although I am not sure if they support the home game stuff yet.

I propose you and I be admins at first.

Here is info on how it works:
Poker Home Games - Private Poker Clubs - Online Poker with Friends

And I am going to send you an invite via PM and make you an admin as soon as you join.

I bet this works super well for us!

I'll go ahead and send invites to the other folks in this thread.

One of the cool aspects is it keeps standings, and all kinds of records so we can even enjoy official bragging rights etc. Obviously this is important since the whole thing for us (especially those of us in the USA) is play-money anyway.

That is important to stress.

This is nothing to do with real money. And Pokerstars is by FAR the most respected company in the online poker business. They are completely on the up and up.

One of the cool aspects is it keeps standings, and all kinds of records so we can even enjoy official bragging rights etc. Obviously this is important since the whole thing for us (especially those of us in the USA) is play-money anyway.

That is important to stress.

This is nothing to do with real money. And Pokerstars is by FAR the most respected company in the online poker business. They are completely on the up and up.

Does it run on windows 8? It didn't seem to want to. Perhaps I did something wrong, I'll try again later.

Does it run on windows 8? It didn't seem to want to. Perhaps I did something wrong, I'll try again later.

I would be flummoxed if it didn't. Hrm. I'll look into it.

I would be flummoxed if it didn't. Hrm. I'll look into it.

Ok, I'm signed up and in the group. I think this website will be far more reliable and the interface is much better. Hopefully, we can get a few more players and have a debatepolitics table now and then.

Ok, I'm signed up and in the group. I think this website will be far more reliable and the interface is much better. Hopefully, we can get a few more players and have a debatepolitics table now and then.

Cool. Yeah cash games can run with any two or more, and tourneys can be planned and scheduled, or spontaneously started when enough players are there. Also PS has a huge play money ecosystem away from our private 'home game' area.

Cool. Yeah cash games can run with any two or more, and tourneys can be planned and scheduled, or spontaneously started when enough players are there. Also PS has a huge play money ecosystem away from our private 'home game' area.

I don't think we can play cash, did you see that disclaimer? I think they will reject cards from the US, as they did ~3 years ago when the feds first clamped down.

I don't think we can play cash, did you see that disclaimer? I think they will reject cards from the US, as they did ~3 years ago when the feds first clamped down.

Absolutely. We are only allowed to play Playmoney here. But there are lots of folks playing in the public playmoney section, and our private "home game" can also be based on that.

I am not sure how you load up your initial playmoney stake... I imagine there is a button somewhere. I have a few play chips from years ago. I made a decent bankroll on Stars back in the day.

Absolutely. We are only allowed to play Playmoney here. But there are lots of folks playing in the public playmoney section, and our private "home game" can also be based on that.

I am not sure how you load up your initial playmoney stake... I imagine there is a button somewhere. I have a few play chips from years ago. I made a decent bankroll on Stars back in the day.

I had some cash on PS when it got clamped down by the feds. I started with 1k chips, I'll probably play some tonight.

I had some cash on PS when it got clamped down by the feds. I started with 1k chips, I'll probably play some tonight.

I administrator-ed you.

And there are are 1/2 cash games as well as tournamets with a SINGLE playchip buyin we can create. So we can get to playing as soon as we have time. Maybe tonight?

As to your money. You should have received a check from stars!!! I did. I got my whole roll out of them. Unless you had less than the withdrawal limit.

I just recently applied For my Full Tilt roll to be reimbursed. That is next, and if you had a roll there you have to apply like immediately. the window is closing.

I administrator-ed you.

And there are are 1/2 cash games as well as tournamets with a SINGLE playchip buyin we can create. So we can get to playing as soon as we have time. Maybe tonight?

As to your money. You should have received a check from stars!!! I did. I got my whole roll out of them. Unless you had less than the withdrawal limit.

I just recently applied For my Full Tilt roll to be reimbursed. That is next, and if you had a roll there you have to apply like immediately. the window is closing.

I'm not sure if it was PS or FT, but there was just a bit of cash, all earned there, and I was leaving to Kenya for two years so I didn't bother.

Can/do people in the US make deposits and play cash on PS?

Can/do people in the US make deposits and play cash on PS?

No. It is against PS's agreement with the DOJ. I know some folks have tried IP proxies and offshore accounts, but pretty much all serious online Pros have just moved out of the USA or to live play.

I personally hope PS is allowed again someday to do USA facing business. They have been pretty much exemplary in the aftermath of black friday. Not only did they pay every cent they owed their American players, but they bought and payed off Full Tilts debt too. All this with absolute cooperation with the USDOJ.

I personally hope the US lightly regulates and taxes online providers and re-allows them asap.

The flood of Zynga (and Pokerist?) type players into a mainstream real money community will make me personally a pretty good amount of money. ;)

When I made the Poker Club i named it "Debate Politics Poker" but it shows up as #856154 which kinda sucks..

I noticed MIT has a club and its observable. They have a poker class evidently and participation and standing in that club is part of the grade.

How cool is that?

Back
Top Bottom