• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poisoning of Politics

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Politics have made us emotionally blind to reason, fairness, and empathy. We are being mentally corrupted by the endless feeding on emotional knee jerk reactions.

"Most of us have such psychological “blind spots,” aspects of our personalities that are obvious to everyone but ourselves. There’s the mother who complains, “I don’t know why little Horace is so violent—I’ve smacked him for it a thousand times.” Or your gorgeous friend who believes she has all the seductive allure of a dung beetle. Or the coworker who complains that, mysteriously, every single person he’s ever worked for develops the identical delusion that he’s shiftless and incompetent. As we roll our eyes at such obliviousness, some of us might think, What about me?

You can find the answers if you care to—or more accurately, if you dare to. This is the roughest mission you can undertake: a direct seek-and-destroy attack on your own pockets of denial. Denial is far trickier than simple ignorance. It isn’t the inability to perceive information but the astonishing ability to perceive information while automatically refusing to allow it into consciousness. Our minds don’t perform this magical trick without reason. We only “go blind” to information that is so troubling, so frightening, or so opposed to what we believe that to absorb it would shatter our view of ourselves and the world."

I learned from an old man a long time ago that the two sides can be summed up easily. If you like money more than people, you are a Republican. If you like people more than money, you are a Democrat.

I learned from an old man a long time ago that the two sides can be summed up easily. If you like money more than people, you are a Republican. If you like people more than money, you are a Democrat.

Republicans want to make rich people richer and do not care about poor people.

I will never understand why Christians believe Jesus would be a Republican. He wants people to pay taxes without complaining. He wants people to give money to the poor. He wants people to get free health care. He gave people jobs and lectures.

They both like themselves the best. ;)

I will never understand why Christians believe Jesus would be a Republican. He wants people to pay taxes without complaining. He wants people to give money to the poor. He wants people to get free health care. He gave people jobs and lectures.

If you look at them long enough, you realize quickly that they are not Christians, they are Jews from 3000 years ago living in some hovel pissed off at the world. The thing with Judaism is that they moved on from the nuts that created the religion, most Jews are extremely compassionate. But American Christians? No way. All they really want is to beat somebody down and then pretend its Gods will or that Jesus loves them. Its absurd. And it pisses me off to no end. F em.

Being you claim to be an expert on Christianity, what seminary did you attend? What denomination? Are you an elder of your church?

What a joke message. The Democratic Party and most Democrats worship the richest white racist men on earth as if they are gods and love non-white slave labor products more than when they owned slaves themselves.

In His kingdom there will be no Republicans or Democrats, and He made no political statements beyond "Rend unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's," which is about civil obedience. I'm not sure why you see the giving of alms through a secular and political prism, but presuming to speak for Jesus on free health care is presumptuous. And I don't know what to make of this claim: "He gave people jobs and lectures." I really don't.

that would be a wise old man

Back
Top Bottom