• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poison in every puff....

It's worth a try, but at the same time why not just price cigarettes so high, people can't afford them?

It is true. Cigarettes are poison. So are all forms of alcohol. Drugs are too. But sometimes we risk the poison for the (supposed) pleasure.

It's worth a try, but at the same time why not just price cigarettes so high, people can't afford them?
Why? What do you care if people want to smoke or not? And it is funny to hear the same liberals who want to legalize pot, wanting to ban cigarettes.

Tried that but the black market stepped in (mostly via border indigenous communities) with cheaper product.

Why? What do you care if people want to smoke or not? And it is funny to hear the same liberals who want to legalize pot, wanting to ban cigarettes.
Wow Fletch. Are you actually promoting cigarettes? Cigarettes kill. Pot doesn't. Done with your ignorant nonsense.

Why? What do you care if people want to smoke or not?
Liberals care about people. Also the health care cost is substantial.
And it is funny to hear the same liberals who want to legalize pot, wanting to ban cigarettes.
Pot is much safer than nicotine. Safer than alcohol as well.

Wow Fletch. Are you actually promoting cigarettes? Cigarettes kill. Pot doesn't. Done with your ignorant nonsense.
Automobiles kill. Alcohol kills. Done with your authoritarian idiocy.

Liberals care about people. Also the health care cost is substantial.

Pot is much safer than nicotine. Safer than alcohol as well.
Lol Liberals care about power and dictating rules to people. Free people (I know thats a foreign concept to you) get to make their own decisions, Even if you dont agree with them

Lol Liberals care about power and dictating rules to people. Free people (I know thats a foreign concept to you) get to make their own decisions, Even if you dont agree with them
You don't get to freely take risks free of government regulations. There are hundreds of agencies in the US regulating everything from the utilities in your house, the food you eat and the car you drive. And yes, even tobacco products have standards.

Lol Liberals care about power and dictating rules to people.
Right, which is different than outlawing abortion or jailing all the gays!!! That's just the state owning the libs or something, which is FREEDOM@!!@
Free people (I know thats a foreign concept to you) get to make their own decisions, Even if you dont agree with them
We get it!! "kill or jail all the gays" is a tough call - is that even bigotry to believe all the gays should all be jailed or killed???? - but do not come for the cigarettes!!!

Right, which is different than outlawing abortion or jailing all the gays!!! That's just the state owning the libs or something, which is FREEDOM@!!@

We get it!! "kill or jail all the gays" is a tough call - is that even bigotry to believe all the gays should all be jailed or killed???? - but do not come for the cigarettes!!!
Also don't come for the booze. Just pot, and the gays of course.

It's funny that a 'libertarian' can't distinguish between laws that criminalize use versus higher taxes on a legal product no one has ever been arrested, tried, and jailed for using.

Unhinged post of the year. Congrats Jasper.

They are right. Its probably one of the most destructive things you can do to your body. But we live in a free country where you are allowed to do that.
Not true. Can't legally buy cocaine can you.

Canada's labeling campaign has largely worked over the years. In the cities I see very few people of the younger generation smoking cigarettes.

That said... there's a small cohort that is going to keep smoking no matter what and there's no point in harassing them like this. If I were a committed smoker and I saw this, I'd just buy loose tobacco and start rolling my own cigarettes.

It's also bizarre that BC just decriminalized all drugs and started up a cocaine factory in the Fraser Valley, but the Fed is looking at labeling individual cigarettes. More and more it feels like we're living in the twilight zone.

Why not just let people smoke if they choose to, and stop harnessing them?

Back
Top Bottom