• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Podcasts. True Crime and Culture

dncc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
For a while there, I was driving great distances between home and the offices where I worked. I usually work about 15 miles from my residence but every week I had to drive up to 300 miles round trip. I used to take my car but now they make me take a company car. So I have the trip to work then I have the trip from one office to another. Since the cars have different stereo systems I have been trying to download podcasts to my phone and then play them as I drive. It works fairly well but I have run out of good ones.

So I'm hoping for some help. The political season is over for a while thankfully and I can go back to listening to things I like more than things I should like. My interests are true crime and pop culture. I have listened to the usual suspects quite a bit and am looking for some guidance on the, not sure if this is the right word for it, "podcast networks" like Radiotopia, Wondery, etc... Its like NBC has different shows on each night, these companies seem to offer podcasts in the same way.

As stated, I like true crime and pop culture. Do you guys know of any that stand out in those genres? If so, can you recommend any? I typically like the single episode ones. I listened to the "Monster" series about the DC Sniper and it was good...but at 9 episodes strung over nine commutes...it got a little confusing toward the end when I was trying to keep track of the characters. So I'm looking for something that comes in around the 30-90 minute mark in a single episode format.

I have recommendations for crime on YT, If you're not scared away by the hassle of downloading the videos to mp3 (not difficult) or just stream from your phone at 144p to save mobile data. You miss a little by not seeing the video but they're still entertaining without it.

Back
Top Bottom