• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Plot twist: This would make heads explode

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
2K_SVVuWPq7C85xn6RBEMyEbf1Hco-fyptkz4NC00SI.png

It is really annoying that I clicked on this only to find it is made-up.

It is really annoying that I clicked on this only to find it is made-up.

Plot twist: This would make heads explode​

It's pretty clear, actually.

Plot twist: This will make heads explode​

^^^ that would indicate it's real

Just FYI I'm a big huge Elon fan. Mostly because of what he is doing to utterly revolutionize space travel, something I've been waiting to see since the late 1970s.

But that doesn't mean I agree with everything he does, let alone everything that comes out of his mouth. I don't agree with *anyone* that much, however much I might fanboy otherwise.

He's the 1%. He's just greedy

Clearly you don't know anything about him.

He had already made his billions. Had no need of more money. Decided he'd do two things he thought would benefit humanity: cheap resuable spacecraft and better electric cars.

If you think he's motivated by sheer greed, you're just a hater.

He had already made his billions. Had no need of more money. Decided he'd do two things he thought would benefit humanity: cheap resuable spacecraft and better electric cars.

Better electric cars?
He's been making Teslas almost as long as Toyota's been making Priuses and yet he still won't offer a basic 18 thousand dollar commuter cheapo vehicle with 150 mile range. So he isn't "changing the world", he's still just making expensive playthings for rich people who like to get in the back seat and whack off at 70 mph.
They're great cars if you DRIVE the damn thing but even Henry Ford the notorious antisemite made sure his workers could afford a Model T.
I bet money Tesla assembly line workers can't afford to buy a Model 3.

Better electric cars?
He's been making Teslas almost as long as Toyota's been making Priuses and yet he still won't offer a basic 18 thousand dollar commuter cheapo vehicle with 150 mile range. So he isn't "changing the world", he's still just making expensive playthings for rich people who like to get in the back seat and whack off at 70 mph.
They're great cars if you DRIVE the damn thing but even Henry Ford the notorious antisemite made sure his workers could afford a Model T.
I bet money Tesla assembly line workers can't afford to buy a Model 3.

Actually they are better.

https://www.carshtuff.com/post/what...re expensive when you consider their benefits.

But the average working stiff still can't afford even the cheapest Tesla, so it doesn't matter how much better they are.
The majority of people in the USA make an average of about 40 thousand a year. Tesla's cheapest car is almost 40 thousand dollars.
Like I said, I wager money the average Tesla assembly line worker cannot afford to buy one of his cars, and I am right.

That's the test.

Henry Ford was a despicable human being but he DID change the world because he offered a vehicle that ANY man with a job could afford to buy. Let me know when Elon Musk does that and I will pay attention.

oh please

But the average working stiff still can't afford even the cheapest Tesla, so it doesn't matter how much better they are.
The majority of people in the USA make an average of about 40 thousand a year. Tesla's cheapest car is almost 40 thousand dollars.
Like I said, I wager money the average Tesla assembly line worker cannot afford to buy one of his cars, and I am right.

That's the test.
Not quite. Not at Gigafactory 1, anyway. I don't know firsthand, but everyone I know that has worked there tells me about $25/hr. is average and there is overtime. Some are earning twice 40k.

I agree with your points, but Tesla pay is more than 40k, so they probably could afford one.

Not quite. Not at Gigafactory 1, anyway. I don't know firsthand, but everyone I know that has worked there tells me about $25/hr. is average and there is overtime. Some are earning twice 40k.

I agree with your points, but Tesla pay is more than 40k, so they probably could afford one.
You're missing the point.
The average working stiff in America pulls down around 40-50 thousand a year.
A 40 thousand dollar car, even with a 5000 dollar down payment, is almost 600 bucks a month if your credit score is 680
with 72 month financing.

A DINK* couple could afford one cheapest Tesla between them, which means if they both work,
they either rideshare together to work or one of them gets stuck with the gas clunker.

*Double Income No Kids

The moment Junior comes bouncing into the world, that's a goner because Junior is all kinds of expensive, especially
now that someone has to pay childcare or someone has to quit their job. No more DINK.

He's the 1%. He's just greedy
No, he's the '1' arguably wealthiest guy in the world. Somehow. I have to hand it to him on his entrepreneurship.

Which books? They are not all worth the time.

Back
Top Bottom