• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pleasure is Destroyed

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
President Trump in a news conference yesterday said that "Pleasure is destroyed". Even though that statement is totally true in the United States today (he has caused Pleasure to die), the reality is that it was not Pleasure that was destroyed but Paradise (the town in California).

How a President can be so callous as to make a mistake like that is beyond me. He was there, he visited the town and he went and erred on the name of the town. This shows the callous and uncaring nature of Trump and how he does everything for show without caring one iota about the people that were killed in that town (72 dead and 1000 missing).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1047118/Donald-Trump-california-wildfire-pleasure-paradise-finland-news

Everybody makes mistakes. Sadly, this president shown no capacity to learn so he can avoid making them.

President Trump in a news conference yesterday said that "Pleasure is destroyed". Even though that statement is totally true in the United States today (he has caused Pleasure to die), the reality is that it was not Pleasure that was destroyed but Paradise (the town in California).

How a President can be so callous as to make a mistake like that is beyond me. He was there, he visited the town and he went and erred on the name of the town. This shows the callous and uncaring nature of Trump and how he does everything for show without caring one iota about the people that were killed in that town (72 dead and 1000 missing).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1047118/Donald-Trump-california-wildfire-pleasure-paradise-finland-news

He must have been fantasizing about a meeting later that afternoon with one of his mistresses. Although from what we've all heard, the pleasure is his, not theirs.

It's hard enough to keep up with the names of our 57 states much less all the cities and towns in each.

Point of Information:

Donald Trump will be 73 years old this coming January 2019. He is the oldest person ever elected President at age 70, beating out Ronald Reagan by 1 year (he was 69 when he was elected). President Reagan showed early signs of Alzheimer's during his debate with Walter Mondale at the age of 73. Obama was what? 47 when he took office? Anyone notice how gray his hair got while serving?

Now for my opinion:

Trump isn't showing any signs of such mental deficiency as of yet (although naysayers like yourself might think so), he appears to be going strong both physically and mentally so far. However, as President he has a LOT on his mind and remains very stubborn and independent in his views...similar to many older citizens who become set in their ways.

So I personally tolerate such mistakes, knowing (unlike yourself apparently) that such minor slips for a person of his age dealing with the stresses and concerns of his office are just more tempest in a teapot issues for people who hate him like you do.

He was corrected, he accepted the correction, move on. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Point of Information:

Donald Trump will be 73 years old this coming January 2019. He is the oldest person ever elected President at age 70, beating out Ronald Reagan by 1 year (he was 69 when he was elected). President Reagan showed early signs of Alzheimer's during his debate with Walter Mondale at the age of 73.

Now for my opinion:

Trump isn't showing any signs of such mental deficiency as of yet (although naysayers like yourself might think so), he appears to be going strong both physically and mentally so far. However, as President he has a LOT on his mind and remains very stubborn and independent in his views...similar to many older citizens who become set in their ways.

So I personally tolerate such mistakes, knowing (unlike yourself apparently) that such minor slips for a person of his age dealing with the stresses and concerns of his office are just more tempest in a teapot issues for people who hate him like you do.

Funny post.

The one thing that a President must do is make sure that mistakes are not made as mistakes cause problems.

You go to a totally ravaged town where it is not only likely that more than a thousand American citizens were killed but over 10,000 homes were destroyed. You would think that the very least he could do is make sure that he got the name right. After all, that does not require much of him to do.

It is like giving a speech for a patriot that gave his life for out nation and saying his name wrong. Unforgivable.

I do know that some (like you) make it sound petty but it certainly was not petty for the thousand that died. Life is all about small details and those who make sure the details are correct are the ones that truly care and the ones that do not care about the details are the ones that don't.

Sorry Captain, but I am not buying your explanation.

hair on fire.jpg

Everybody makes mistakes. Sadly, this president shown no capacity to learn so he can avoid making them.

He and the first lady spent part of the day with the victims of the 1000 Oaks night club shooting....rough day. I wouldn't want to see all that in such a short time.

Or the petty crap Leftists and Nevers can find to whine about.

I mean, its not like he was wearing a tan suit or anything....

Not the first time a President made a geographical screw up. Barry didn't know which of the 58 states he had been to. Biden was in Roanoke, Va and thought he was in WVA.

None of the above examples are particularly important.

Point of Information:

Donald Trump will be 73 years old this coming January 2019. He is the oldest person ever elected President at age 70, beating out Ronald Reagan by 1 year (he was 69 when he was elected). President Reagan showed early signs of Alzheimer's during his debate with Walter Mondale at the age of 73. Obama was what? 47 when he took office? Anyone notice how gray his hair got while serving?

Now for my opinion:

I voted for Reagan twice and still consider him the best President of my lifetime.

If you can find an example or two of him visiting a town or people that had just suffered an unimaginable tragedy, and failing to remember the names of the town or the people as he was standing with them, then I'd love to see it.

He "accepted" the correction? As opposed to what.....saying "No, you're wrong! Fake news! That devastated town IS called Pleasure!"?

Not the first time a President made a geographical screw up. Barry didn't know which of the 58 states he had been to. Biden was in Roanoke, Va and thought he was in WVA.

Nonetheless, in both of those cases there no disasters involved. Yes, our memory fails us and often we make mistakes but not when so much misery is involved. In those cases, you make sure that everything is done correctly. This was the idea to begin with, have Trump visit the disaster area because what is what a President should do, but then to make such a gaffe is inexcusable.

Then again, not much of a surprise as it is already known that Trump does everything for show and does not really care. It has been proven thousands of times. This is just one more example.

"Barry" knew the names of the towns in New York and New Jersey that he was standing in that had just been destroyed by Hurricane Sandy.

Because President Von Clownstick has the intellect of an orange peel, and doesn't know even basic geography:

Confused the Baltic states with Balkans ,and accused Baltic leaders of starting the Yugoslav war (Newsweek, 11/11/2018).

“We just got back from the Middle East.” – Trump after he arrived in Israel from Saudi Arabia

He was trolling.

Back
Top Bottom