• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please welcome NewfieMom as newest Bartender

Thanks, @Demon, and thanks for not placing an order yet. I am still feeling my way around the bar. But it is a very cool place and everyone is so welcoming!
I made a wicked Singapore Sling tending bar while in grad school.

It's primarily a ladies drink and the lunch crowd gals often made the indulgence of ordering a second round then trying to find their way back to work. My bar made good money during lunchtime though.

One time the manager fixing a snafu in the pizza oven which was a long conveyor belt stuck his head in the opening between the kitchen, the bar and the restaurant and hollered for a screwdriver so in my rush mindset I mixed him one. That one was a laffer on every retelling for months on end for everyone who worked there. And retold it was....and it was....and it was....

My Whiskey Sour was deadly too btw. Some guys always slice the turkey yet I made the ladies drinks. Lots of benefits to it on the side. Anyhow I've never been to the DP Tavern but now I'll probably stop in from time to time. This definitely seems the best move of 'em all.

It's primarily a ladies drink and the lunch crowd gals often made the indulgence of ordering a second round then trying to find their way back to work. My bar made good money during lunchtime though.

One time the manager fixing a snafu in the pizza oven which was a long conveyor belt stuck his head in the opening between the kitchen, the bar and the restaurant and hollered for a screwdriver so in my rush mindset I mixed him one. That one was a laffer on every retelling for months on end for everyone who worked there. And retold it was....and it was....and it was....

My Whiskey Sour was deadly too btw. Some guys always slice the turkey yet I made the ladies drinks. Lots of benefits to it on the side. Anyhow I've never been to the DP Tavern but now I'll probably stop in from time to time. This definitely seems the best move of 'em all.
It's great to see you, @Tangmo! You are not an idle chatter. What are you drinking? Whatever it is, it's on the house. And thank you for your service. BTW, good job on the screwdriver.

Thank you, @EdwinWillers. What can I get you to drink? Have you seen the thread on hot cocoa and hot coffee drinks? I don't know if those appeal to you. I can make whatever you like. :)
Thanks!

I'll have these:
iu

I can only dream these days about beer so a virtual one or six would be a luxury. :)

Thanks!

I'll have these:
iu

I can only dream these days about beer so a virtual one or six would be a luxury. :)
Six virtual cold beers coming right up!!!

(Do you no longer drink? I have to confess that I do not. That's why I had to sit down with a bowl and spoon and eat the ingredients before mixing in alcohol in a Hot Buttered Rum when Elora posted the recipe for it yesterday.)

Last edited:
I find her feathers are not easily ruffled. An agreeable lady, and I use the term discerningly.

Six virtual cold beers coming right up!!!

(Do you no longer drink? I have to confess that I do not. That's why I had to sit down with a bowl and spoon and eat the ingredients before mixing in alcohol in a Hot Buttered Rum when Elora posted the recipe for it yesterday.)
I've cut back a lot here in my later years too; beer especially because of how quick it tends to settle in, and expand certain areas of my already morphing "physique." :)

I've sort of settled on limiting myself to one or two shots of Scotch a week. I particularly like the Islay Single Malts - especially Lagavullin. But that's for sipping and savoring - not true imbibing.

Virtual beers though I can drink all day long; and I don't even have to deal with a hangover either! So - thanks! :)

I find her feathers are not easily ruffled. An agreeable lady, and I use the term discerningly.

,NewfieMomFaints.jpg

This, from ecofarm, was too much. NewfieMom fainted. Luckily someone other than ecofarm was nearby, because he might have let me fall. :) (He's quite practical. He'd have figured out that I'd come to and get up eventually.)

How do you get to be a bartender anyway? I don't remember voting for her.

I voted for her (and so did @Middleground)

However, there will be open positions at some point in the future (it may be tomorrow, it may be 5 years from now, nobody knows), then I would try to participate in the tavern in a meaningful way.

But you are delighted that I am a bartender, right, @lemmiwinx? For the love of Pete we like the same music, don't tell me you don't want me me tending the bar! Otherwise the next time one of your songs has no "likes", I won't listen to it. (That's actually a fib. I probably would listen to it even if you tried to blackball me-which it's too late to do-because you share some great tunes.) :)

You don't have a single post in The Tavern. Maybe that's why.
Wait a minute! @Schweddy told me I would get the job if I won at a game of stri... oh, never mind. I've got the job now. That's all that matters. But I am looking for a pair of black lace panties I lost somewhere near the poker table.

I've seen a couple of Singapore Sling recipes online. How did you make yours?

Wait a minute! @Schweddy told me I would get the job if I won at a game of stri... oh, never mind. I've got the job now. That's all that matters. But I am looking for a pair of black lace panties I lost somewhere near the poker table.
Try looking in @Schweddy 's pockets.

No toddlers at the bar, right? We gotta keep it classy.

,View attachment 67357715

This, from ecofarm, was too much. NewfieMom fainted. Luckily someone other than ecofarm was nearby, because he might have let me fall. :) (He's quite practical. He'd have figured out that I'd come to and get up eventually.)
You are the first person. Don't be @Mashmont

Oh, no! The one time I knew my grammar was wrong and I still allowed my writing to post, I got called on it. Of course, my grammar was spectacularly wrong, so there is that. What can I say except, "mea culpa", which I now must translate according to DP rules: "through my fault".

No toddlers at the bar, right? We gotta keep it classy.
@ecofarm, I am not sure that the bar can be deemed "classy", but we do try to keep it from being raided by the police. The presence of minors, in the case of toddlers, very small minors, could jeopardize our status.

Back
Top Bottom