• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please refrain from drawing a dick.

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If you think americans love to hate their politicians, take a moment to sympathise with australians who have been asked not to draw a penis on a their ballot papers.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/latest-aec-asks-aussies-not-to-draw-on-their-ballot-paper-20220422

The Australian Electoral Commission has kindly asked voters to refrain from drawing any d**ks on their ballot.
However, they did make note that it wasn’t actually illegal if you wanted to go ahead and pump out some fine artwork across the paper.
But, please don’t.

Do they provide a reason why they don't want people drawing dicks?

Well... when you make voting compulsory, I'm not sure what else you can expect.

I look on it as political sexual equality. When we want to put on pen and paper our thoughts about politicians we draw a penis. But if we want to make a verbal comment then we refer to politicians by another word for vagina. Equality at last.

I look on it as political sexual equality. When we want to put on pen and paper our thoughts about politicians we draw a penis. But if we want to make a verbal comment then we refer to politicians by another word for vagina. Equality at last.
I don't know. There are a lot of dicks in Congress.

This is a big step up for Australia. Mega props.

That's why you shouldn't draw a dick on your election ballot. Election officials won't know which dick you're voting for.

You're not giving people enough credit for creativity. Glasses, haircut... there are many ways to make one's choice clear via art.

Yes, because your "nanna" might be counting the ballot.

Edit: and whoever does the AEC tweets is hilarious.

Yes, because your "nanna" might be counting the ballot.

Lmao. This story keeps giving. I'm pretty sure an Aussie nanna can handle seeing a picture of a dick. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's probably not the first time she has seen one.

Are you sure it's not a typo and they don't want people drawing ducks? I mean, that would make more sense. Right?

( :) )

Back
Top Bottom