• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please raise the character limit from 5k to 16k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There have been a number if times I wasn't able to say all I wanted to say about an issue, so I didn't.

What I did was, instead of posting here, I posed on another forum that allows 16k characters.

I agree. Not that I'm an avid reader of 16k length posting, but there are times when I post below 5k when replying to a fairly long post and get rejected. Perhaps raising the limit would solve that problem, though there are workarounds.

I would like to see you back, in any event.

I agree. Not that I'm an avid reader of 16k length posting, but there are times when I post below 5k when replying to a fairly long post and get rejected. Perhaps raising the limit would solve that problem, though there are workarounds.

I've hit the 5k limit with posts that aren't even that long because I have a few longer quotes in it from other posters I'm responding to.

Any suggestions?
I've hit the 5k limit with posts that aren't even that long because I have a few longer quotes in it from other posters I'm responding to.

There have been a number if times I wasn't able to say all I wanted to say about an issue, so I didn't.

What I did was, instead of posting here, I posed on another forum that allows 16k characters.

Sounds like you're trying too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom